[Dragonborn] Werebear crash / freeze

bjornk

I'm having a pretty constant crash or freeze at the moment. I sometimes run into a werebear pack (trio) just East of Raven Rock (just slightly East of RR mine). They are sometimes in werebear form, sometimes in human form, it doesn't matter. They walk up the hill a bit and then immediately turn hostile and my game either freezes or crashes at the moment they attack or sometimes during the fight.

I'm not sure if it's something I do while fighting or something they do causes the crash/freeze. I welcome your ideas to figure out what's going on. I've already tried analyzing the crash dump but the results weren't consistent.

Update:

Okay, just used "Become Ethereal" shout and let them attack me. The game didn't freeze or crash this time but I've noticed that at least one of the werebears has no collision in werebear form, in other words I can walk/run though it. How is that possible? Could it be because I was "ethereal"? I haven't noticed something like that before.

I have an older version (7.11) of "More Nasty Critters" which adds a werebear & werebear transformation nif as well as a skeleton. I've disabled all of them for now and using the vanilla ones... Let's see if that'll make any difference... Haven't crashed so far...

did u check usleep and such to see if it modifying them? also is it a quest encounter or just a group or random guys? also try to disable then renable the bugged guy.

i had a simlar issue before where a quest npc bugged out and was causing all the phyicis items in room to push to 1 side of the room i disabled and renabled the npc and it fixed the bug and the ctd that it caused.

I don't use USLEEP, I have an older version (2.0.8) of the unofficial patches (separate plugins). This is not a quest encounter AFAIK, just a random group.

Neither of them seems bugged in any visible way. The only thing I've noticed is that I could walk right through them while fighting, probably a mesh issue.

Update: After disabling the meshes and the skeleton, I can no longer walk/run though them.

Got the same freeze but this time with Reavers and precisely the moment I used the "Ice Form" shout. I think I used it against werebears as well.

Update: Never mind, looks like the game freezes randomly. Might be a heap allocation issue.

Archived