Neck gap help

jessegt

A: What the F causes neck gap? I was starting from a fresh install and 50ish mods in there was neck gap.My player character (female) and female npcs have it. I installed no more ugly bronze late and then ran unp blender,i use unp body, sg textures, i have fitness body. At one point i reinstalled xpms skeleton to fix how pc equip/unequip weapon,i also had reinstalled physics after skeleton reinstall. Any input wouuld be appretiated.

One possible clue. Alternate start prison,no neck gap. Go into world space and the neck gap is there, i need my head,dont want it fall off. Thanks

While posting OP, i had my character in alternative start prison loading,went into game with no neck gap. In world space now letting everything finish loading. Going to try to replicate neck gap and see i can't figure out why i was getting it. Prior to current state i unchecked (i use MO) and reinstalled in order.. realistic force,sos,unp,newer skeleton,hdt pe,rans head mesh,sg textures. I left fitness body and NMUBS unchecked and did not run unp blender. Will play around and report back. Thinking either old skeleton or texture blender with NMUBS,and or Fitness body caused it. Still would like input. Thanks

Without knowing your setup it's hard to say but a major cause for me has always been the weight slider.

Whatever weight you set during the initial character creation is stored in your savegame so if you subsequently change the weight using showracemenu then you will get nasty seams.

This tends to be a particular problem if you set the weight slider to a high value, which I tend to do because I like my female characters to look like they are capable of spending their days bashing people over the head with a mace. Sadly this results in bursting out of DD corsets so to avoid seams and clipping I'm currently playing as a twig with elephantiasis of the mammary glands.

So i ran unp blender,for sg, and i have the tiniest gap. Activated fitness body and NMUBS, didnot blend and went into game and gap did not enlarge. Fitness body didnt need blending which is weird cause when i DL it there was also a blender to dl with it. Doing lunch and when i get back into game im going to put some hours in as is and make sure the tiny gap stays that way.

Lurdan. You gave me food for thought. I always use medium weight,50. Im curious now how armour works, think by using same concept of femalebody nif0 is 0weight and femalebody nif1 is 100 weight. Might be screwing myself with 50 weight. Gonna contact alternate start mod,he stays active,and see if his mod by passes orginal characters weight problem.

female character   fix by    racemenu   use ~showracemenu and select weight for you

a custom follower  can't fix  because  head in facegeom  fixed by some owner moder  0 or 20 or 50 or 80    when you use body another size  head and body don't matching

female npc in game  fix by ck  use weight  whatever you want  and  ctrl+f4 send  head .nif file  to facegeom in folder game

sorry my english so...

The times it happened to me is when the body/armor 0 and 1 nif are the same and based on 100 weight, using anything less than 100 caused the gap (I have had some armors do this). Change your weight to 100, if it fixes the issue then it is with the meshes.

Changing your weight in ShowRaceMenu should not cause any seams, I do it all the time with no issues.

Appreciate help guys. After going through the process of deactivate,reinstall,active said mods in 2nd post along with deactiving 2 follower mods and an armor mod my neck gap has been fixed'ish. Tiniest gap on player character you could imagine, its like a tiny little glimmer of light specs that usaully cant be seen when trying to see it, hadnt noticed on npcs at all. So thats good. Played around for a few hours to check on some other things. Reluctantly i will try to replicate gap, confident re installation of said mods in order fixed it. Not sure if either of the follower mods (2) i had uninstalled or the armour mod i uninstalled prior to deactiving/reinstall/active process with said mods (post#2) was the key to fixing it. Its that or texure blender got wierd from multiple blends and or blending with the fitness body and NMUBS. Tired, hope some of that made sense. Thanks again

Appreciate help guys. After going through the process of deactivate,reinstall,active said mods in 2nd post along with deactiving 2 follower mods and an armor mod my neck gap has been fixed'ish. Tiniest gap on player character you could imagine, its like a tiny little glimmer of light specs that usaully cant be seen when trying to see it, hadnt noticed on npcs at all. So thats good. Played around for a few hours to check on some other things. Reluctantly i will try to replicate gap, confident re installation of said mods in order fixed it. Not sure if either of the follower mods (2) i had uninstalled or the armour mod i uninstalled prior to deactiving/reinstall/active process with said mods (post#2) was the key to fixing it. Its that or texure blender got wierd from multiple blends and or blending with the fitness body and NMUBS. Tired, hope some of that made sense. Thanks again

Does your character have the neck gap when no armor is equipped? When you equip torso armor, the character uses the body mesh included with the armor, so if it only occurs when wearing a certain type of armor, it could be the armor that's causing the issue. Perhaps it doesn't have 0 and 1 meshes, or the weighting of the armor is wrong.

Im no expert, think the armor would have to have 0 and 1 meshes. Truth is when i had the noticeable neck gap i didnt compare armor/no armor. After taking corrective measures i did notice smigden of light here and there,cant really call it a gap and the fact that sometimes i couldnt even see that makes me think maybe your on to something in regards to what i have now,which really is uber acceptable. When i get into game tonight ill compare and contrast armor/no armor, prior to trying to get noticable neck gap to return. Might of had two issues. Im comfortable where im at now, i really have to fight to see whats there now,sometimes cant see it all, on my character and cannot see on npcs at all,so thats good.I still want to replicate noticable neck gap as a means to know what was causing it and how to,with out doubt,know what fixed it.My 5th post,with reference to my 2nd post, outlines how it was fixed, now i need to figure out why i had to do that. Now that i think about it armor did not cause large gap that i had perviously cause i deactivated armor mods and started new game,alternate start mod, and gap was there. Poooop. Keep any good info coming in and we figure out at least 1 causes and soultion for said cause. Ill get on it tonight. Thanks

Veladarius,nanasgi50, i want to stress i understand what ur saying, was not attacking idea when i said im no expert,i think armor has to have 0,and 1 mesh. The correct statement on my end would have been that there supposed to. What you guys bring up could be the cause of the super tiny smidgen that ive got now. Dont think it was causing the real neck gap that i had cause i had deactivated armor mods and started new game and still had gap. I just know,i think, that the big neck gap that i had was coming from my mesh file after running texture blender. Something got mixed in texture blender that messed me up is what im leaning towards, which is not the fault of the blender per say. Veladarius,ive seen you in other post and i know you know your stuff, not questioning nanashi50 either. Reread my previous post and throught maybe i was being counterproductive. Thanks guys

Archived