Need help with install order on some mods

Sidereel

A few days ago I installed Skyrim again and a handful of mods, and the game became so unstable I had to start over completely.

I think I screwed up on install order and overwrote something I shouldn't have.

So I install:
SKSE

SKYui

FNIS

Sexlab

So now I'm trying to figure out when I install the body replacers and xp32 extended. Do I save the skeleton for last?

Or do I install that before SOS and let SOS overwrite it?

I also get an error when installing SOS after Sexlab that my papyrus is outdated or missing. So do I have to install SOS before Sexlab?

A few days ago I installed Skyrim again and a handful of mods, and the game became so unstable I had to start over completely.

I think I screwed up on install order and overwrote something I shouldn't have.

So I install:

SKSE

SKYui

FNIS

Sexlab

So now I'm trying to figure out when I install the body replacers and xp32 extended. Do I save the skeleton for last?

Or do I install that before SOS and let SOS overwrite it?

I also get an error when installing SOS after Sexlab that my papyrus is outdated or missing. So do I have to install SOS before Sexlab?

You should install SOS first, then skeleton and then SexLab. If skeleton mod ask you to overwrite SOS, do it. Don't let anything overwrite SexLab.

So, uninstall SOS, your skeleton and SL and do as instructed. :)

The skeleton (XPMSE, as I recommend) should be the very last one and always overwrite everything.

Sexlab has no conflicts with SOS. At least if you use the last version of both mods.

In case of doubts than first SOS and then SexLab (let's SexLab wins.)

I'm using NMM and have no problems, but if you want to go to MO, it's up to you. :)

You don't have to uninstall all, just SOS, Skeleton and SexLAb. Then, start with SOS, Skeleton and SexLab.

I'm using NMM and have no problems, but if you want to go to MO, it's up to you. :)

You don't have to uninstall all, just SOS, Skeleton and SexLAb. Then, start with SOS, Skeleton and SexLab.

I deleted my data folder completely and verified my game files and redownloaded the vanilla files, and NMM hates me for it. It still thinks all those mods are installed, so I have to deactivate and uninstall each one before it lets me install again or it crashes...

What really sucks is several months ago I had everything working perfectly, the most stable I've ever gotten Skyrim to be, and uninstalled it accidentally when I reformatted the harddrive it was on.

I deleted my data folder completely and verified my game files and redownloaded the vanilla files, and NMM hates me for it. It still thinks all those mods are installed, so I have to deactivate and uninstall each one before it lets me install again or it crashes...

What really sucks is several months ago I had everything working perfectly, the most stable I've ever gotten Skyrim to be, and uninstalled it accidentally when I reformatted the harddrive it was on.

You should of do back up. Please, I think some of the topics from my NMM thread in signature can help you. Just take some time to find what you need.

It is a side effect of NMM.

No, it's the user's fault. Same or similar things happens in MO if don't do a backup or not being sure what you're doing. And I'm talking about unexperienced users in both cases.

Thanks for the info. Would you suggest using NMM or Mod Organizer? I normally use NMM, but the more I use it, the more I hate it. Having to go back and uninstall each mod is such a long process in NMM.

That's a long standing argument.

NMM is easier to use for novice users.  MO is a bit more diffucult to learn.  

It's personal preference.  A lot of novice users get overwhelmed by MO and get lost.  There are numerous videos out there on how to use it, guides and such.  

So I installed everything in the correct order. Game started up fine, no crashes at loading screens like I was getting before.

I saved the game and exited to test loading game crashes, which I was getting like crazy.

I load the save, and it crashed.

I tried again, and I got the papyrus is outdated or missing error again.
I installed Sexlab last, so SOS shouldn't have overwritten it.

I'm wondering if one of the sexlab addons I use is breaking it.
I'm using

Sexlab Aroused Redo

Sexlab Romanced

Sexlab Matchmaker

are any of these known to cause troubles?

So I installed everything in the correct order. Game started up fine, no crashes at loading screens like I was getting before.

I saved the game and exited to test loading game crashes, which I was getting like crazy.

I load the save, and it crashed.

I tried again, and I got the papyrus is outdated or missing error again.

I installed Sexlab last, so SOS shouldn't have overwritten it.

I'm wondering if one of the sexlab addons I use is breaking it.

I'm using

Sexlab Aroused Redo

Sexlab Romanced

Sexlab Matchmaker

are any of these known to cause troubles?

None of them should. Have your run FNIS and LOOT afterwards?

Just as comparison; I just reinstalled my SL and had no problems at all with new game or and loading old save, so you mus missed something or did something wrong. Why don't' you go to my thread and read Installing SexLab and its dependent mods

Yep, ran FNIS and Loot. For some reason I didn't get the error until I saved, quit, and reloaded.

I installed CEO's Osex mod, is that incompatible with Sexlab?

CEO is not using SL framework. It's independent mod with own framwork and shouldn't conflict with SL, but it might be in conflict with SOS if not installed properly.

Do you run latest SKSE 1.7.3?

I dragged the papyrusutil from Sexlab and let it overwrite the existing file, and I don't get the error, but it is still a 50/50 chance that my game will crash when loading up a save. Haven't had any crashing from entering and exiting buildings, which happened almost every time before, so that's good.

My mod list is pretty bare right now. Just some body replacers, body textures, and what is needed to get sexlab running. Also got HDT working and some armors and clothing to get HDT to show, so it's a small list of possible culprits, unfortunately the crashes aren't regular enough for me to be able to pinpoint the problem mod.

Thanks for the help so far

It was Sexlab Submit that was causing problems for me. Forgot I installed it. Sexlab started saying it was having trouble with an addon, disabling Submit all but stopped the ctds.

LOL - glad you find the cause and all runs good now. :)

Archived