Custom Dialog?

jihadoftomorrow

I guess you should be able to do it like for any other dialogue' date='

just load the editor with obse, make a search text in the mod for the sentence you want to replace, and replace them (if they are in script/dialogue)

[/quote']

Thanks for the help on both threads mister, you're a saint.

But what do you mean by "load the editor with obse"? Does obse have an .exe file I can use?

For most of the mods that requires OBSE, loading the mod with the normal editor make the obse part "vanish".

Unless you launch the editor with OBSE by adding this line in the target field of the shortcut (property) :

"H:\GAME\OBLIVION\obse_loader.exe -editor"

just add -editor to the newly created shortcut for obse and it's done, the editor now use obse.

For most of the mods that requires OBSE' date=' loading the mod with the normal editor make the obse part "vanish".

Unless you launch the editor with OBSE by adding this line in the target field of the shortcut (property) :

just add -editor to the newly created shortcut for obse and it's done, the editor now use obse.

[/quote']

Ok cool, how does one make a search text in the CS tool?

EDIT

Actually found it. What do the flags in the dialogue tab mean?

Thanks again

For most of the mods that requires OBSE' date=' loading the mod with the normal editor make the obse part "vanish".

[/quote']

EDIT

Thanks again

Can you post how you did a text search please? I am also trying to find and modify text without going through alllllll the dialogue scripts in the "Filtered Dialogue" section one-by-one....

:s

Thanks again

I'm definately not an expert, but I *believe* the flags are there, for a specific piece of dialogue, to make a check for something before that dialoge may show up. So lets say you have an NPC talking the the PC. In the NPC's dialog tree is a few different responses for one piece of dialog from the PC. Let's say the PC says this:

Have you heard any news of the bandits? (or something...example only)

The NPC may have these 3 responses to the same question:

No, I am sorry, I simply haven't heard anything.

Yes... But why should I tell you?

Oh, You are the hero of Kvatch! Yes, I have heard the bandits have established a base in the nearby Aelid ruins!

Lets say that the 3rd response had a Flag. That flag would make a check on the PC to see if they have completed the main quest up to the point of finishing the saving Kvatch thing, you know, where everyone's like, "It...It's you! The hero of kvatch! This, is, TRULY, an honor!" Actually that is a good example too. That greeting won't come up unless the flags check "returns true"...I.E., the PC has some value that meets the requirement for that part of conversation to appear. This could be anything, "has been raped", "is a virgin", "is female", "is married", "is male", "is the hero of kvatch" etc. Flags put a cookie on an actor (PC or NPC) and establishes a value for some *thing* that is special about them (at least I think thats how it works, I really am not an expert). I do know that flags allow for specific dialogue under specific conditions.

I hope this helps and wasn't terribly confusing. Happy gaming!

-Merctime

Guest Donkey

[/quote']

EDIT

Thanks again

I doubt anyone will be able tell you what every single flag means. there are many. Just like merctime says. But these flag also known as conditions will make sure the npc will say it and when and to who. this way you can setup a either an npc mumbling to himself. or speaking to an another npc or speaking to several npc's at once.

If you know how to utilize this. it will be cool. because you can now get npc to say certain things during sex acts.

like i did with TrueCrime test version(not released.)

Like when one npc is raping you in jail. those other will then be onlookers. and say stuff like yes fuck her good. i will get my turn next etc.. while the other female say something like terrible. maybe i will be next too.etc..

you need to set condition for female like this.

Target Function name

no GetIsID or GetIsSex (female or npcID if you set female all females will use this dialog on you when you are raped if you use the npcID only she in prison will be able to use it on you.)

Comp Value

== (because it must know if it is female or npc id) 1.00 (it has to be one so the npcID or female can use this dialog )

Target Function name

yes GetPCIsSex (this will tell on what gender to use this dialog on.) Female (so now it will use it on you if you are female character.)

Comp Value

== 1.00

Target Function name comp Value

no GetItemCount xLoversPkrCountRapeV == 1.00

Target Function name

no Clothing xLoversPkrSPosGroupM == 2.00(This is important 2 will be used during missionary position so you have to know beforehand what these numbers mean 0 = cow girl 1 = back fuck also known as ass fuck 2 = like i said missionary position 3 = standing on one foot. 4 = blow job or else. 100 == creature only since these are npc regard the 100)

So what we setup here. is what a female will say during sex acts when the male is raping female character

So it is always advisable before hand to write down what type of dialog you are gonna write and how to accomplish this.

Also you want to use GetRandomPercent as an added check that way it will not continually say the same thing. That way you can get more dialog setup. And they will also show.

If there is more you need to know please check Bethesda wiki's for an abundance of info for tes.

A beginers guide, lesson 6 quest and dialog

Archived