Retextures not working

Heya folks,

I believe the topic title is self-explanatory. I've installed Skyrim on a new PC and began modding it again. First thing I downloaded was a total retexture of Skyrim, but whe I put the textures where they belong, they wouldn't show up ingame. Tried a different retexture mod, same thing. Tried disabling the official HD texture packs, still nothing. The retextures are only thing I have installed - otherwise my game is clean, completely unmodded.

I checked all tutorials but couldn't find anything about making file changes for the game to accept texure replacements, or did I miss something somewhere?

Thanks ahead for any help.

Heya folks,

I believe the topic title is self-explanatory. I've installed Skyrim on a new PC and began modding it again. First thing I downloaded was a total retexture of Skyrim, but whe I put the textures where they belong, they wouldn't show up ingame. Tried a different retexture mod, same thing. Tried disabling the official HD texture packs, still nothing. The retextures are only thing I have installed - otherwise my game is clean, completely unmodded.

I checked all tutorials but couldn't find anything about making file changes for the game to accept texure replacements, or did I miss something somewhere?

For installation are you using a Mod Manager

Such as Nexus Mod Manager or my favorite is Mod Organizer (very good tool for when you intend to go to extremes and want to avoid overwrite issues)

I imagine if your just downloading a zip or rar file and simply unpacking it to the Skyrim directory that the files may not be set up for that sort of installation at all.

Mostly they are packaged to be used with a Manager so figure out which your going to use.

Mod Organizer is strongly suggested around here it is worth the extra fuss in getting familiar with easily will save you several days worth of time once your over the learning curve or intimidation factor of it.

Heya folks,

For installation are you using a Mod Manager

Such as Nexus Mod Manager or my favorite is Mod Organizer (very good tool for when you intend to go to extremes and want to avoid overwrite issues)

I imagine if your just downloading a zip or rar file and simply unpacking it to the Skyrim directory that the files may not be set up for that sort of installation at all.

Mostly they are packaged to be used with a Manager so figure out which your going to use.

Mod Organizer is strongly suggested around here it is worth the extra fuss in getting familiar with easily will save you several days worth of time once your over the learning curve or intimidation factor of it.

Went with the Mod Organizer option and it worked! Thanks a bunch m8!

Though I wonder why it didn't work manually, on my old PC I installed ALL mods manually. Well nevermind that, thanks again.

Archived