Papyrus compiler

deathparade

It was Orvid.

This compiler handles only the "known" codes, but not the advanced stuff that were not available for the Papyrus of Skyrim.

For example the structs.

And it is impossible to attach Properties to the scripts.

Do not expect to have more power in creating mods by using it.

It is a nice exercise of coding, not a tool that can be useful for modding.

I was also thinking about making a compiler.... would open even more gates for example making "Papyrus++"

It would be possible to add "i++" instead of "i = i + 1"

And it would be possible to make a For-Loop, or an For-Each ... and for a bit more advanced things it would be even possible to create "private, public, static" function definitions within the normal papyrus syntax.

Even "#if DebugMode ..... #endif"  for creating DebugCode, or code for consoles like Xbox, ... , would be possible

But writing and optimizing the PSA code (asm like) would take some time.... and i don't have much time :)

I was also thinking about making a compiler.... would open even more gates for example making "Papyrus++"

It would be possible to add "i++" instead of "i = i + 1"

And it would be possible to make a For-Loop, or an For-Each ... and for a bit more advanced things it would be even possible to create "private, public, static" function definitions within the normal papyrus syntax.

Even "#if DebugMode ..... #endif"  for creating DebugCode, or code for consoles like Xbox, ... , would be possible

But writing and optimizing the PSA code (asm like) would take some time.... and i don't have much time :)

I proposed the same to Orvid and Fingment, in the NifTools chat.

Especially the "optimizing part", that I am really familiar with.

If you wish we can work together on that.

It would be realy nice, but my time is short >.<

But I can give support and I could help out when you've got problems. I'm also searching for a better compiler to include it in my PapyrusED.

I would prefare Visual C# because my Editor is written in C#, too and even the "PapyrusCompiler.exe" and "PCompiler.dll" made by Bethesda are in C#

But well, I still need to update BeeingFemale and I have a bunch of ideas for the fallout 4 equivalent "Alpha and Omega" that needs realy a lot of work.

With the ideas I have right now, the first release for Alpha and Omega could be in August or September :)

The thing is, I want a mod that works on console and on the Companion (Bethe name for the Android App that allows to use the Pipboy on a smartphone) Right now I'm trying to creating a cross plattform Mod Configuration Framework for Holo Tapes. When using the Holo Tape, a ActionScript will read in an dynamic named .xml file and depending on this xml file, the properties will be displayed. And when those are changed, ActionScript will comunicate with Papyrus about the changes. And as a little feature, each property may have an Flash Animation displayed in the pip boy :)

So many things left to do, and I realy got less time.

Btw, I still couldn't find any "new Array[9]". It's realy possible that the size of an array isn't fix and will be resized via "add" or "remove" ... and this could meen unlimited array size.

About the arrays I found often a "new Array[0]"

And in a couple of cases "new String[2]"

I have no problems with C#. If you wish I can help.

(Right now I was doing a "script optimizer" for Skyrim Papyrus, completely written in Scintilla for Notepad++, but then I decided to finalize my Scent of Sex mod.)

Archived