cbbev3m remodeled armor bodyslide request

Buster89

i'm am the worst at modeling and such if someone could please help me with this that would be greatly appreciated! :D

here is the link to the mod i want with bodyslide

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=13004

preferably compatible with these bodyslide options

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=6900'>http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=6900

if anyone could do this that would be freegin awesome

thanks!

if that cant be done then i have another request i need with bodyslide

this mod

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5564

preferably with these bodyslide options

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=6900

yea' date=' that would be nice if someone could, at least, explain this whole bodyslide-thing to us.^^

I recently started to play Skyrim with mods and I'm not fully grown into this whole bodymod-"chaos" :D

[/quote']

Bodyslide is a little program developed by the author of CBBE. From what I can tell, it operates by taking the female body .nifs that you currently have loaded in your Skyrim install and changing the minimum and maximum slider ranges for different body parts pending on how you set it in the program.

The reason this is useful is that when you're in game, you only have access to the "Weight" slider. All body part sliders are tied to this weight slider, so if we want to change just the size of the waist we're out of luck. Using Bodyslide, you can restrict the waist slider so that it doesn't get bigger when you increase the weight slider.

While my description may not be 100% accurate to the inner workings, that's the general idea of it.

@Buster89: I'd definitely like to see this mod compatible with bodyslide as well. I actually wasn't aware that there were provisions made for making armor compatible with it. If you can direct me to examples of armor where this has been done I could probably figure it out.

Bodyslide is a little program developed by the author of CBBE. From what I can tell' date=' it operates by taking the female body .nifs that you currently have loaded in your Skyrim install and changing the minimum and maximum slider ranges for different body parts pending on how you set it in the program.

The reason this is useful is that when you're in game, you only have access to the "Weight" slider. All body part sliders are tied to this weight slider, so if we want to change just the size of the waist we're out of luck. Using Bodyslide, you can restrict the waist slider so that it doesn't get bigger when you increase the weight slider.

While my description may not be 100% accurate to the inner workings, that's the general idea of it.

@Buster89: I'd definitely like to see this mod compatible with bodyslide as well. I actually wasn't aware that there were provisions made for making armor compatible with it. If you can direct me to examples of armor where this has been done I could probably figure it out.

[/quote']

Okay, thanks. And is this thing also working for every armor? If not, is there a way to convert armors to Bodyslide?

Bodyslide is a little program developed by the author of CBBE. From what I can tell' date=' it operates by taking the female body .nifs that you currently have loaded in your Skyrim install and changing the minimum and maximum slider ranges for different body parts pending on how you set it in the program.

[/quote']

Okay, thanks. And is this thing also working for every armor? If not, is there a way to convert armors to Bodyslide?

I was only aware that it worked for the body models. I could be wrong though. The version I have doesn't ask for any sort of input files, so I think it simply grabs the female body .nif files (meaning you can't choose to send armor files to the program for it to process). Maybe there's a new version out though >.>

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=15328 this armor mod is body slide compatible check it out

Ooo. Okay, cool. I'm glad you showed me this. I'll take a look at this and see what I can figure out. I'll let you know what I come up with~

EDIT: Well, after downloading the newest Bodyslide version and looking it over, I have to say it's not incredibly well documented (at least for someone who doesn't know how the program works). From looking at the example you provided however, it seems a .xml file has to be provided for each armor set, along with a nif, and some other files. The Bodyslide readme provides no discernible documentation for armor. It looks like I might have to bang my head on a wall for awhile to figure it out.

EDIT 2: Aha. The 'slider maker' in Bodyslide is for meshes other than the body meshes. Going to experiment with it and see what I come up with. It might be worthwhile for me to write a tutorial on this as I go about learning it. I may also suggest to Calliente the inclusion of some stuff in the readme.

EDIT 3: After figuring out the details, from what I understand a lot of work in Blender would be required for this to happen. If I understand correctly, each slider (waists, arms etc) a different model would need to be generated and used to define the slider. That's not so bad, but when you're talking every armor set in the game, that would take a long time. While this is something I'd like to do, I don't think I'd be the fastest at it (by a long shot). If nobody else wants to pick this up I'll look into a method for quickly and methodically generating the required models, but it looks like a bigger project than I had originally planned to take on.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=15328 this armor mod is body slide compatible check it out

Ooo. Okay' date=' cool. I'm glad you showed me this. I'll take a look at this and see what I can figure out. I'll let you know what I come up with~

EDIT: Well, after downloading the newest Bodyslide version and looking it over, I have to say it's not incredibly well documented (at least for someone who doesn't know how the program works). From looking at the example you provided however, it seems a .xml file has to be provided for each armor set, along with a nif, and some other files. The Bodyslide readme provides no discernible documentation for armor. It looks like I might have to bang my head on a wall for awhile to figure it out.

EDIT 2: Aha. The 'slider maker' in Bodyslide is for meshes other than the body meshes. Going to experiment with it and see what I come up with. It might be worthwhile for me to write a tutorial on this as I go about learning it. I may also suggest to Calliente the inclusion of some stuff in the readme.

EDIT 3: After figuring out the details, from what I understand a lot of work in Blender would be required for this to happen. If I understand correctly, each slider (waists, arms etc) a different model would need to be generated and used to define the slider. That's not so bad, but when you're talking every armor set in the game, that would take a long time. While this is something I'd like to do, I don't think I'd be the fastest at it (by a long shot). If nobody else wants to pick this up I'll look into a method for quickly and methodically generating the required models, but it looks like a bigger project than I had originally planned to take on.

[/quote']

Okay, you, sir, definitely know more than I do :D

Short question for comprehension: What is blender?^^

And, do I got it right, that there is an XML-file in whcih one has to register the armors and then they have to be adaped to Bodyslide?

EDIT: Hm, I've overlooked the direction of Bodyslide and, yes, there is a folder called "ShapeData". And in this folder are the .nif-files which are shaped by Bodyslide. Also the folder includes .bsa-files. I don#t know what .bsa-files are, but I know what .nif-files meant to be :D

Isn't there a tutorial out there, which explains how to make armors Bodyslide adpetable?

Ooo. Okay' date=' cool. I'm glad you showed me this. I'll take a look at this and see what I can figure out. I'll let you know what I come up with~

[/quote']

Okay, you, sir, definitely know more than I do :D

Short question for comprehension: What is blender?^^

And, do I got it right, that there is an XML-file in whcih one has to register the armors and then they have to be adaped to Bodyslide?

EDIT: Hm, I've overlooked the direction of Bodyslide and, yes, there is a folder called "ShapeData". And in this folder are the .nif-files which are shaped by Bodyslide. Also the folder includes .bsa-files. I don#t know what .bsa-files are, but I know what .nif-files meant to be :D

Isn't there a tutorial out there, which explains how to make armors Bodyslide adpetable?

Blender is a free (but good) 3D modeling program (http://www.blender.org/). It's what most people use for Oblivion/Skyrim modding (that or 3DS Max). It has a pretty steep learning curve though, unfortunately.

Regarding making armor compatible, it is done through the 'SliderMaker' component of Bodyslide. As for the XML files, I found that those are generated by Bodyslide when you use the SliderMaker. I couldn't find a tutorial regarding making the armor compatible, but there is a chunk in the Bodyslide readme file about SliderMaker that helped out (it was just hard to find, toward the bottom and called 'Generating New SliderSets with SliderMaker').

From what I gathered though you actually need to use Blender to shape the models to give the sliders a reference (i.e. if you want a waist slider then you'll need a model of the armor at what you define as 0% and 100% waist). At least, that's what I got from messing with it. If that's true, it would take none other than a stellar modeler to do a project like this in less than 2 weeks (with the number of armors that need to be made compatible, and shaping each armor would be somewhat laborious). I may ask Caliente about it as was suggested (maybe Caliente knows where a tutorial is >.>).

Blender is a free (but good) 3D modeling program (http://www.blender.org/). It's what most people use for Oblivion/Skyrim modding (that or 3DS Max). It has a pretty steep learning curve though' date=' unfortunately.

Regarding making armor compatible, it is done through the 'SliderMaker' component of Bodyslide. As for the XML files, I found that those are generated by Bodyslide when you use the SliderMaker. I couldn't find a tutorial regarding making the armor compatible, but there is a chunk in the Bodyslide readme file about SliderMaker that helped out (it was just hard to find, toward the bottom and called 'Generating New SliderSets with SliderMaker').

From what I gathered though you actually need to use Blender to shape the models to give the sliders a reference (i.e. if you want a waist slider then you'll need a model of the armor at what you define as 0% and 100% waist). At least, that's what I got from messing with it. If that's true, it would take none other than a stellar modeler to do a project like this in less than 2 weeks (with the number of armors that need to be made compatible, and shaping each armor would be somewhat laborious). I may ask Caliente about it as was suggested (maybe Caliente knows where a tutorial is >.>).

[/quote']

Caliente is the one who made CBBE and bodyslide and who didn't do any tutorial. ^^

But it seems she read us because she just announced she would like to get help to convert the vanilla armors in a big post in her mod's comments.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12273

But yes there is lot of work to do.

But it seems she read us because she just announced she would like to get help to convert the vanilla armors in a big post in her mod's comments.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12273

But yes there is lot of work to do.

Oh my goodness, this looks like a bunch of work!

I think, I should get Blender and try to work with it or rather understand it :D

Btw this whole Bodyslide-thingy is a great idea, but the armor-adopt-step isn't. :D

I'm looking forward that any skilled modder would release a compilation pack for Bodyslide. But I think it needs a lot of time - still less time then me trying it.^^

Yep, Bodyslide isn't well documented, and I'm sorry for that. I'm working on a tutorial, but it's slow going since I've got a few things I"m trying to get done at the same time.

overall, yes, there's a good amount of work involved for each armor. A little bit more than making a 'static' armor with just a small and large weight, but a lot less than making all the various sizes possible with it.

Stuffed_bunny has been working on a sort of shrinkwrap script that has the potential to help get armor closer to the right shape (though I suspect there would be some tweaking required) I'm not sure what the progress on that is currently.

As I make the vanilla armors compatible with bodyslide, I'm trying to identify time-savings and ways to reduce the amount of tedious work required. However, I'm starting to run out of good ideas :) (I've got one more big one that will help with armors with tons of little parts I think, and perhaps a LoadAllInFolder shortcut to making all the sliders)

Meanwhile, yes, I'm happy to help with direct questions. And if anyone wants to convert armors to include in my vanilla pack, feel free! but as was pointed out in this thread, it's a good amount of work and requires a certain amount of skill.

From what I gathered though you actually need to use Blender to shape the models to give the sliders a reference (i.e. if you want a waist slider then you'll need a model of the armor at what you define as 0% and 100% waist)

Sort of -- You need one 'base nif' that represents an unmodified shape. For all the sliders, you then need one .obj file that describes the deviation from that base shape. For CBBE armors -- the base shape is CBBE curvy, high weight with the waist slider at 0%.

Also, there's a CBBEShapeKeys.nif file in the bodyslide distirbution that contains all of the CBBE shapes that were made into sliders. You can, if you want, load that nif in slidermaker and export all the shapes for sizing references.

Finally, if you have access to Zbrush (not free), its a lot nicer for editing mesh shapes than blender is :)

Yep' date=' Bodyslide isn't well documented, and I'm sorry for that. I'm working on a tutorial, but it's slow going since I've got a few things I"m trying to get done at the same time.

overall, yes, there's a good amount of work involved for each armor. A little bit more than making a 'static' armor with just a small and large weight, but a lot less than making all the various sizes possible with it.

Stuffed_bunny has been working on a sort of shrinkwrap script that has the potential to help get armor closer to the right shape (though I suspect there would be some tweaking required) I'm not sure what the progress on that is currently.

As I make the vanilla armors compatible with bodyslide, I'm trying to identify time-savings and ways to reduce the amount of tedious work required. However, I'm starting to run out of good ideas :) (I've got one more big one that will help with armors with tons of little parts I think, and perhaps a LoadAllInFolder shortcut to making all the sliders)

Meanwhile, yes, I'm happy to help with direct questions. And if anyone wants to convert armors to include in my vanilla pack, feel free! but as was pointed out in this thread, it's a good amount of work and requires a certain amount of skill.

From what I gathered though you actually need to use Blender to shape the models to give the sliders a reference (i.e. if you want a waist slider then you'll need a model of the armor at what you define as 0% and 100% waist)

Sort of -- You need one 'base nif' that represents an unmodified shape. For all the sliders, you then need one .obj file that describes the deviation from that base shape. For CBBE armors -- the base shape is CBBE curvy, high weight with the waist slider at 0%.

Also, there's a CBBEShapeKeys.nif file in the bodyslide distirbution that contains all of the CBBE shapes that were made into sliders. You can, if you want, load that nif in slidermaker and export all the shapes for sizing references.

Finally, if you have access to Zbrush (not free), its a lot nicer for editing mesh shapes than blender is :)

I'd definitely like to learn the process once you complete the tutorial. It would be neat to eventually have Bodyslide compatible armors also compatible with the dynamic armor framework mod I'm working on.

I had gathered that you could export shapes from the SliderMaker for reference to shape the various required armor models around but didn't know about the CBBEShapeKeys.nif. That takes a big step out of the process. My main slow point would be the learning curve of quickly shaping the armors, as I don't know all the modeling shortcuts that a veteran modeler knows.

Also, and I'm not sure if you know about it already, but I know that Blender (at least 2.53 and up) has a shrinkwrap modifier (or maybe it's a script) that works pretty well.

overall' date=' yes, there's a good amount of work involved for each armor. A little bit more than making a 'static' armor with just a small and large weight, but a lot less than making all the various sizes possible with it.

[/quote']

Not sure if "a sort of shrinkwrap script" is a correct description, then again I don't really know what a sort of shrinkwrap script" really is. My script has a couple of functions related to BSD and OBJ files. The interesting one (Convert-BSD) works by mapping each vertices in an outfit mesh to vertices in a body mesh, based on proximity. The delta data in the body slider (BSD file) is then calculated and written as a BSD file for the outfit.

The result varies, but so far I haven't used Blender for to adapt any outfit slider. At this point it seems better to work on improving the script, and get conversions done as quickly as possible. Especially since the body sliders in my mod is not definate yet. If a slider is modified or removed, any manual adaption for it would be wasted work.

I'd definitely like to learn the process once you complete the tutorial. It would be neat to eventually have Bodyslide compatible armors also compatible with the dynamic armor framework mod I'm working on.

I had gathered that you could export shapes from the SliderMaker for reference to shape the various required armor models around but didn't know about the CBBEShapeKeys.nif. That takes a big step out of the process.

CBBEShapeKeys.nif contains Caliente's sliders. To get the shape of my sliders, run Add-BSD-to-OBJ in my script to apply a slider to CalienteBody.obj.

Currently busy updating my mod with new sliders, and adding batch mode to Convert-BSD. After that I'll update Caliente's vanilla armor pack for my new version. Making sliders is not much of a problem, but updating slidersets takes some time. After that I might have look at porting other armors. As for Mak's armors, being a banned nexus heretic I have no access to them. Perhaps someone might like to PM me a download link. Will keep an eye on this thread.

All of this is a huge undertaking, and I want to be one of the first to thank everyone involved, and give kudos. I love the body slider, but until now, your NPC would inherit the body the modder created his armor on. Everyone has different tastes, and this will allow us to indulge in purely our own. Awesome! Thanks Caliente!

All of this is a huge undertaking' date=' and I want to be one of the first to thank everyone involved, and give kudos. I love the body slider, but until now, your NPC would inherit the body the modder created his armor on. Everyone has different tastes, and this will allow us to indulge in purely our own. Awesome! Thanks Caliente!

[/quote']

Sign!

• 1 month later...

Sup, know that this is late and post is a bit old, but got to ask.

How much work would it aprox. entail to make cbbev3m remodeled armor

work with ONLY chest slider? (dig the v3m body, but there is a certain lack of high alphabetical cup size).

And any chance of it happening/someone planning?

• 2 weeks later...

Caliente has released a Bodyslide tutorial on how to convert armors to bodyslide so hopefully these armors will be converted and newer ones will come with it already.

Where?

It's in the main files download section here http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2666

Thanks! I've added it to my post! I didn't realize Caliente had already finished with that.

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=7788

Caliente has released a Bodyslide tutorial on how to convert armors to bodyslide so hopefully these armors will be converted and newer ones will come with it already.

Where?

It's in the main files download section here http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2666

Thanks! I've added it to my post! I didn't realize Caliente had already finished with that.

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=7788

Caliente really hasn't advertized that it was done except in the comments page of CBBE and a short blurb on the armor conversion splash page. I'm doing what I can to bring it to the attention of at least the armors I'd like to see converted such as this one and gatti's armors. I've never done any modding and zero knowledge on Blender and such but the tutorial does look user friendly. Just wish I could get the tools installed or I'd give it a try.

Archived