Elder Maxson

ccclover

Why, do you want his sweet coat?

MASSIVE SPOILER AHEAD

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Danse#Behind_the_scenes

Unused dialogue suggests that Paladin Danse and the Sole Survivor were originally able challenge Maxson's authority as Elder through combat according to "the Litany". Through his defeat, it would have allowed Danse to regain his status as Paladin and grant the Sole Survivor the rank of Elder within the Brotherhood.

It seems like killing him without turning the Broterhood hostile WAS intended to be an option, but it got cut from the release product. I don't think that anyone has found the matching Maxson lines for this yet, if they're there at all.

MASSIVE SPOILER AHEAD

Unused dialogue suggests that Paladin Danse and the Sole Survivor were originally able challenge Maxson's authority as Elder through combat according to "the Litany". Through his defeat, it would have allowed Danse to regain his status as Paladin and grant the Sole Survivor the rank of Elder within the Brotherhood.

It seems like killing him without turning the Broterhood hostile WAS intended to be an option, but it got cut from the release product. I don't think that anyone has found the matching Maxson lines for this yet, if they're there at all.

AND his unique gatling laser! but he might only get equipped with that after certain quest events. I haven't checked for certain.

Actually, it had more to do with my curiosity as to who would replace him as Elder. Hopefully when the GECK comes out someone can finish what is in your spoiler tag. 

MASSIVE SPOILER AHEAD

Actually, it had more to do with my curiosity as to who would replace him as Elder. Hopefully when the GECK comes out someone can finish what is in your spoiler tag. 

Being an Elder has got to be better than Errand-Boy-General of the Minutemen.

Is the BoS lead by single Elders, or multiple Elders?

EDIT: Never mind. There are High Elders and Elders. It seems that Maxson is an Elder, not High Elder. It doesn't seem to have information on who the current High Elder is.

The Elders form the Brotherhood's ruling council. Individual Elders are occasionally leaders of localized splinter chapters of the Brotherhood. Under normal circumstances, the ability to become an elder is reserved for Paladins, although there are exceptions, such as Elder Elijah, who was a scribe.

Being an Elder has got to be better than Errand-Boy-General of the Minutemen.

Is the BoS lead by single Elders, or multiple Elders?

EDIT: Never mind. There are High Elders and Elders. It seems that Maxson is an Elder, not High Elder. It doesn't seem to have information on who the current High Elder is.

The Elders form the Brotherhood's ruling council. Individual Elders are occasionally leaders of localized splinter chapters of the Brotherhood. Under normal circumstances, the ability to become an elder is reserved for Paladins, although there are exceptions, such as Elder Elijah, who was a scribe.

Each Chapter is lead by one Elder.

I'm not sure about the High Elders but I think they make some sort of Council within the main Chapter and that's where the most important decisions are made.

Archived