The legendary perception glitch

tonicwalter

Hi fellas,

I've been trying to get my hands on a working fix on the legendary permanent perception glitch.

My research in the depths of the internet help boards - with a smattering of knowledge, but no feasible solution - has turned up zip.

It is in my greatest time of peril that I come to you for help.

To sum up the issue:

my character (who should have a whopping 2 Perception) must've gotten hit in the head too much - which is both the reason for its low intelligence, but also for the stunning -7 (READ: MINUS SEVEN) perception it has - without any negative effects present.
Following the advice of other internet scientists, I have gone back and forth between getting my head concussed and healing it with a stimpack (different applications: per shortcut, per AID menu, per Stat > status menu), a doctor, a bed.

Nothing works.

I have looked up ways to remove the assumed "concussed" effect via console, but haven't found anything.

I'm playing on PC with minimal mods enabled (texture packs, mostly) - FO4 steam, latest version.

What do?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I have attached the latest savegame for you to tinker with if you'd be so inclined.

post-20766-0-69426400-1450535259_thumb.jpg

Save66_2AA0376A_536173686120436F78_Commonwealth_011936_20151219140533_34_2.rar

Well you could use the console to find out what the game really thinks your perception is, and then adjust it to what it should be.

Save your game first so if anything goes wrong you can go back to it, then open the console. If you enter player.getav perception you should get a value for what it currently is.

Then enter player.setav perception X where X is the value you want it set to. So you might need to set it to 2, or depending on what value you got from the previous command, you might need to set it to that value + 10, as it seems you have a -10 penalty at the moment. Enter the first command again afterwards to check the change has been applied properly. Then press the console key again, check the pip-boy, have a play for a while, and see if everything looks all right.

Here's a page of handy console commands if you want to check on anything else.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_console_commands

Adding the "stolen" points was the bandaid solution I also came up with - thanks for trying to help, though.

I have tried both 'player.setav PerceptionCondition x' and "player.setav PA_Perception_AV x' (only because it had perception in the name and I hoped it'd do something).

Both to no avail.
Rolling back the character to a save where I didn't have this condition is no option, either..that'd basically mean to start off from the beginning.

I thought about whether it was possible to have been stuck with a non-treated addiction, but no doctor wants to cure me - nor do any of the addictions I know of modify perception.

Looks like I'm stuck with this crap.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol i remember a strange bug of old savegame of mine..I named my character "spansen". I played this char for about 20 hours and one day my characters name changed to "spanses"! I have no idea how this can happen...

• 1 year later...

Archived