Mod installation help.

HyperonicX

I just recently bought and downloaded Fallout 4, and I'm trying to install a few mods, mostly for bugfixes and whatnot, but unfortunately I can't actually install mods using NMM.

It says to modify Fallout4Custom.ini, but when I go to where the file is supposed to be, all I find is fallout4.ini and Fallout4prefs.ini.

I heard that fallout4.ini will become Fallout4Custom.ini if I update it, but I can't seem to update the game at all.

I've looked up on how to, says to right click (on steam menu) Fallout 4, then click settings. Problem is that there is no settings.

I have attached a screenshot that shows what I am talking about.

Please help me.

post-167058-0-21559600-1450235262_thumb.png

Thank you, that helped. However, now I have another problem.

The mod I'm trying to install found here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3719/?won't install properly. I've downloaded the mod, and installed it like I would any other mod on NMM, but instead of a tick next to it, I get the red circle with the line through it indicating that it didn't work. BUT the crazy thing is that the Mod Activation Queue says it installed correctly.

I'm slow apparently

Snip

I just recently bought and downloaded Fallout 4, and I'm trying to install a few mods, mostly for bugfixes and whatnot, but unfortunately I can't actually install mods using NMM.

It says to modify Fallout4Custom.ini, but when I go to where the file is supposed to be, all I find is fallout4.ini and Fallout4prefs.ini.

I heard that fallout4.ini will become Fallout4Custom.ini if I update it, but I can't seem to update the game at all.

I've looked up on how to, says to right click (on steam menu) Fallout 4, then click settings. Problem is that there is no settings.

Please help me.

The ini files you need to edit are located in your C:\\Users\(Your windows login name here)\Documents\My Games\Fallout 4\

If Fallout4Custom.ini is not present, your more than welcome to create it, just right click white space in the folder and go to new/new text document, then rename it Fallout4Custom.ini

As far as the steam "settings," when you right click the game, it's the very last option, Properties.

I have made several assumptions about the computer you are using based upon the fact that you are almost certainly using the default installation paths for everything. If this is in error, please let me know.

The particular "mod" you linked too isn't a content mod, but a text file with suggestions to improve performance. It technically shouldn't have a download with manager as it's not that kind of file, I recommend downloading manually, opening, reading, and then following directions.

564b68414d0e4_2015-11-1718_35_03-Fallout

How to enable modding

1. Navigate to your Fallout 4 Folder at the following location "Documents/My Games/Fallout 4"
  2. Within this folder will be a number of .ini files, highlight "Fallout4Prefs.ini" and "Fallout4.ini".
  3. Right Click, select Properties and ensure that these are NOT marked as read only.
  4. Open Fallout4Prefs.ini with your favourite text editor (we use Notepad++).
  5. Navigate to the very bottom and you will see the line [Launcher]. Directly underneath this, add the following line: bEnableFileSelection=1
  6. Save and Close
  7. Open Fallout4Custom.ini with your favourite text editor. * Note that this file was changed from Fallout4.ini following update 1.2
  8. Add the following lines to your Fallout4Custom.ini [Archive] bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 sResourceDataDirsFinal=
  9. Save and close...

Snip

Please help me.

The ini files you need to edit are located in your C:\\Users\(Your windows login name here)\Documents\My Games\Fallout 4\

If Fallout4Custom.ini is not present, your more than welcome to create it, just right click white space in the folder and go to new/new text document, then rename it Fallout4Custom.ini

As far as the steam "settings," when you right click the game, it's the very last option, Properties.

I have made several assumptions about the computer you are using based upon the fact that you are almost certainly using the default installation paths for everything. If this is in error, please let me know.

Yeah, I knew where they were to begin with.

And I ended up just creating the Fallout4Custom.ini file myself before you mentioned it after looking through the comments section of the video in the link that was given to me earlier. (mind you, the video was outdated, but gave a link to the updated version, so I watched that.)

And I had a feeling it was that, but it mentioned stuff like "Beta testing" and whatnot, but those setting weren't there when I checked.

Archived