Any way to ID animation in game?

erc1971

These huge number of animations is great...however I don't want to use them all (due to not liking a particular animation or it being broken, etc.).

Is there any in game tool/mod that can show me what animation a character is currently performing?

Eric

If you mean during sex then yes just hit the console key (~ by default) and it will show you the current animation file (it will be a number) in use. You can cycle sex animations with the grab key (z by default) and note down all the animation numbers you don't like and go to oblivion\data\ini\ and change the extension of the animation numbers you don't like from .ini to .ini-disabled and that animation won't play anymore.

NOTE: You can't disable animations 1-10 as they are critical to lovers. Also note that some animations are critical to other lovers plugins so if you get an error (box should pop up with the animation number displayed) then you will need to re-enable that animation number by changing the extension back to .ini so the error goes away.

You can also substitute animations but that is a lengthier and more complicated process that I won't go into unless you are interested.

If you mean during sex then yes just hit the console key (~ by default) and it will show you the current animation file (it will be a number) in use. You can cycle sex animations with the grab key (z by default) and note down all the animation numbers you don't like and go to oblivion\data\ini\ and change the extension of the animation numbers you don't like from .ini to .ini-disabled and that animation won't play anymore.

NOTE: You can't disable animations 1-10 as they are critical to lovers. Also note that some animations are critical to other lovers plugins so if you get an error (box should pop up with the animation number displayed) then you will need to re-enable that animation number by changing the extension back to .ini so the error goes away.

You can also substitute animations but that is a lengthier and more complicated process that I won't go into unless you are interested.

Thanks for all the information.

I was just looking for the info you provided in the first paragraph - I have been adding, modifying, swapping, and removing animations for some time now, and this will be a much faster way to do it.

Eric

...as in lengthier than switching out the mesh and ini file?

I know that in some cases (well, just one), I had to modify one of the idleanims entry in the esp, but I've replaced every one of the default 10 animations without issue. Am I just getting lucky here?

I know that in some cases (well' date=' just one), I had to modify one of the idleanims entry in the esp, but I've replaced every one of the default 10 animations without issue. Am I just getting lucky here?

[/quote']

Nope, you are right on track! :)

It is also a good thing to look at the animation you replacing and replace it with a "like kind" of animation. Replace missionary positions with alternate missionary positions. You don't have too but it will break immersion a bit if you are getting a BJ and the text on screen is going on about anal sex :)

If you decide to replace a missionary position with a doggy style one, then just remember to change the setgroup number of the doggy style ini to match the original missionary ini setgroup.

All and all it is quite simple for folks that are used to manipulating files around (as you clearly are) but for those just starting out, messing with both kf files AND ini files can lead to trouble. :(

Guest Donkey

I know that in some cases (well' date=' just one), I had to modify one of the idleanims entry in the esp, but I've replaced every one of the default 10 animations without issue. Am I just getting lucky here?

[/quote']

Actually there is more then just replacing. If you replaced 1 to 10 and some other mods is using creature animation who also uses 1 to 10 then you need to replace those two or you would get incorrectly use of animation. Where the creature is using the original one and npc is using new one so they will no longer match correctly.

Also you may want to be carefull what animation your replacing especially those added by other mods. like true crime and pk extender. If you replace them and forget to change the ini to use group 5 you will get an error about spos0 group error or something not found.

Archived