Replacing Vilja Companion Face with sava Data, Possible?

I was wondering is it possible to transfer character save data to change the companion Vilja's appearance and race?

I was looking at Pajiman's tutorial here.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/197614-xLovers-for-Oblivion?p=2912275#post2912275

Though I do not quite understand the opening step as I've never used TES Construction set before.

"after that open TESConstructionSet.exe Choose Resources necessary like kind of race .esm and race .esp and active Saerileth.esp"

Can someone elaborate and explain this 1st step for me please, as I'm not familiar with the tools I think (hopefully) will be able to do the rest. Thanks!

"after that open TESConstructionSet.exe Choose Resources necessary like kind of race .esm and race .esp and active Saerileth.esp"

If you are changing her to say, a Chocolate Elf from MBP, put a check in MBP in the CS Load screen and then put a check in the Saerileth.esp or in your case the Villa.esp and then set that esp as active.

It is actually better to change her race before importing the face as it shown the tutorial.

In order to change an NPC to a Add-on race that Race Mod needs to be set as a Master. If you are just changing her to vanilla race with vanilla assets (hair,eyes...etc) then that is unnecessary.

Edit: Some companions are already custom races and changing the race might break them, so be careful.

Vilja is kind of tricky to edit. I can successfully import faces and edit the race but I couldn't figure out how to change the facegen data or whatever that varies between races. I asked xtudo how to do it but he insisted it was difficult and did the work for me :)

Try asking him for help if you really need that custom vilja.

but I couldn't figure out how to change the facegen data or whatever that varies between races. I asked xtudo how to do it but he insisted it was difficult and did the work for me
Once you import the face from the Save in to the mod with Wyre, it is quite literally a copy and paste affair in the CS..... That's what the Copy and Paste buttons are for on the face tab. Copy from the imported face paste in the one you are changing.

@HanPal: LOL xD;

@Az: Is the menu to load, file>data?

I see a list of my active mods then,but for some reason I can't select any of my races for example Chanpon, or MPB.

I can only put a check for example beside Saerileth.esp.

ehh, I don't really know anything about CS other than it likes to crash and freeze alot at this point ha. Frustrating! I think I'm too dense to do this converting =_=; Tutorial seems to be aimed more if you know what your actually doing I think.

No one happens to know any other tutorials for the TESConstructionSet part do they for simple people ? ^ ^ ;;

@HanPal: LOL xD;

@Az: Is the menu to load' date=' file>data?

I see a list of my active mods then,but for some reason I can't select any of my races for example Chanpon, or MPB.

I can only put a check for example beside Saerileth.esp.

ehh, I don't really know anything about CS other than it likes to crash and freeze alot at this point ha. Frustrating! I think I'm too dense to do this converting =_=; Tutorial seems to be aimed more if you know what your actually doing I think.

No one happens to know any other tutorials for the TESConstructionSet part do they for simple people ? ^ ^ ;;

[/quote']

Killed a hour and half doing this, hope it helps

http://www.mediafire.com/?h2382ns11u85auy

Killed a hour and half doing this' date=' hope it helps

http://www.mediafire.com/?h2382ns11u85auy

[/quote']

That was a very excellent tutorial, a couple of things to save a few steps.

Try out the CS Extender here: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36370

You will no longer have to set esp's as esm's in Wyre to have them save as masters.

Copy the face directly into the mod you are changing, then just delete the sgUnka data after you are done.

Ah Leo you are amazing! You made it alot more simple to understamd, angel! ♥

One thing though with editing Vilja I've lost her voice, Is there anyway to fix this at all? Or is that one of the downsides of changing npc apperance.

Thankyou <3

Ah Leo you are amazing! You made it alot more simple to understamd' date=' angel! ♥

One thing though with editing Vilja I've lost her voice, Is there anyway to fix this at all? Or is that one of the downsides of changing npc apperance.

Thankyou <3

[/quote']

She speaks completely normal in my game after i changed her :-/

Could you give some more information? What race did you use, if she speaks in some situations or is completely quiet and i'd like to see a screen of vilja's NPC window in CS (the window from the 19th pic from my tut)

No voice sound at all.

Other than that she appears to be working fine.

The race I used was Chanpon. I think perhaps I must have corrupted or maybe missed a step because I did run into problems - first few times I completely followed your steps but for some reason my Vilja would be removed from wyre at a certain stage so I did refer to pajimans tutorial as well.

vilja.jpg

vilja2.jpg

IDK if chanpon is an annoying race to install, but I will try again with just your steps - and see if I can do it now that I'm more familiar, without running into any errors.

EDIT: Okay I just redid it following just your tutorial, didn't run into any errors.

But theres one thing, in steps where its like choose the race ESP - thats my problem, my chanpon doesn't have a esp file I only have ESM. Is this where Im going wrong/causing the lack of sound you think?

No voice sound at all.

Other than that she appears to be working fine.

The race I used was Chanpon. I think perhaps I must have corrupted or maybe missed a step because I did run into problems - first few times I completely followed your steps but for some reason my Vilja would be removed from wyre at a certain stage so I did refer to pajimans tutorial as well.

IDK if chanpon is an annoying race to install' date=' but I will try again with just your steps - and see if I can do it now that I'm more familiar, without running into any errors.

EDIT: Okay I just redid it following just your tutorial, didn't run into any errors.

But theres one thing, in steps where its like choose the race ESP - thats my problem, my chanpon doesn't have a esp file I only have ESM. Is this where Im going wrong/causing the lack of sound you think?

[/quote']

Im getting the impression that it might be caused by the race. Please try it with a race that actually has a .esp and report if she's still muted or not. Ill try to make some research around chanpon in the meantime and to tell you the truth, right now i have no idea what might be causing it :huh:

Edit: Ok, i browsed through my custom races and found chanpon to be there too, and since i don't have any chanpon.esm it can only mean that chanpon is added by an .esp file (which i thought it would from the start). And since you didnt use the esp that ads chanpon, there might have been a error in the process of changing Vilja's race which resulted in the lack of her voice.

Guest Demiales

has anyone tried the tutorial in the vilja customization pack at the vilja downloads at nexus? you have to follow this or it won't work. there is a special master file for it.

has anyone tried the tutorial in the vilja customization pack at the vilja downloads at nexus? you have to follow this or it won't work. there is a special master file for it.

I think that that's not the case since the instruction are for making a esp which only alters Vilja's appearance, the method i used here alters Vilja's looks in the original esp, thus there's only one esp in the end, not two like there would be if i would use one of the modifications that are downloadable on the nexus. And since i made the race and face/hair/eyes.... change without needing that master file which resulted in a fully working and talking blue vilja, i really think that it's irrelevant to this matter.

The only esp for Chanpon I can find is "Chanpon_cha01.esp" which is in my Chanpon Download folder in a separate folder to the main chapon data, I never have it in my Oblivion /data folder/ never installed it.

But yeah I tried using this file, I also tried renaming it to just "chanpon.esp" but on step 24 when I open Wyre Bash after doing the face data on Vilja I get the error "Missing files have been removed from the Load list: 1em_Vilja.esp" ehh?!

I don't really know the importance and difference of esp and esm but is it possible to create the needed esp from my Chanpon esm?

Anyways, I'm going to try now using another race and see if I have the same voice problem, brb 8D

The only esp for Chanpon I can find is "Chanpon_cha01.esp" which is in my Chanpon Download folder in a separate folder to the main chapon data' date=' I never have it in my Oblivion /data folder/ never installed it.

But yeah I tried using this file, I also tried renaming it to just "chanpon.esp" but on step 24 when I open Wyre Bash after doing the face data on Vilja I get the error "Missing files have been removed from the Load list: 1em_Vilja.esp" ehh?!

I don't really know the importance and difference of esp and esm but is it possible to create the needed esp from my Chanpon esm?

Anyways, I'm going to try now using another race and see if I have the same voice problem, brb 8D

[/quote']

Sadly, there's no way we could make that esp from the esm. I know the way to make a new esp containing the race, but that would be pretty pointless since you already have a esp that ads it.

Im afraid that just renaming won't help anything, what we need is to find the esp that adds the chanpon race or we won't move forward.

OR we could make it a completely different way, which would be unpacking the vilja bsa file, substituting the meshes and textures with the chanpon meshes and textures and compiling it again which would make Vilja's default race use the Chanpon meshes and you would have only to copy the face data via CS.

Edit: Found it! The race is added in the x117race.esp. Use it in the tutorial as the custom race.esp and see if it will work

2nd Edit: OK, i looked into it and the other method is BS because Vilja uses imperial meshes/textures, so forget about it

For some reason I don't see to have any esp's for my main races? Why would that be?

For I don't have a esp for x117race either, only 117 files I have is "x117race.esm" and "xeorace117.esm"

So I guess if this is the cause of the lost of voice, changing races wouldn't help.

These are the only race files I can find that have a esp to them,

racesax.jpg

Pretty much all my races where installed by making a omod in mod manager, is that a problem or would they still be w/o esp's.

Congratulations, you managed to totally confuse me... :s

Can you tell me where i can get it? i can't look into it when i don't have it.

Or you could send me the save you want to import and ill see what i can do,

If you don't want it to be public, then just via PM, that would make it for

me much easier

but I couldn't figure out how to change the facegen data or whatever that varies between races. I asked xtudo how to do it but he insisted it was difficult and did the work for me
Once you import the face from the Save in to the mod with Wyre' date=' it is quite literally a copy and paste affair in the CS..... That's what the Copy and Paste buttons are for on the face tab. Copy from the imported face paste in the one you are changing.

[/quote']

I meant the sliders in the race tab. Those facegen things. Sometimes copying the face data from characters doesn't look right because of the races face sliders, you know?

fffffff

I don't know how the hell I did this but was playing around trying to mod companion Saerileth, & now my Oblivion is completely and utterly fucked.

Can't load half of my saves, the ones I can load I fall through the ground, map is missing and my character and npcs are swimming around in water? LOL wtf :( Hateeeeee this game, very close to throwing Oblivion in the bin!

Not sure how to fix this since I'm not sure what I've done lol, do I need to reinstall? ==;

fffffff

I don't know how the hell I did this but was playing around trying to mod companion Saerileth' date=' & now my Oblivion is completely and utterly fucked.

Can't load half of my saves, the ones I can load I fall through the ground, map is missing and my character and npcs are swimming around in water? LOL wtf :( Hateeeeee this game, very close to throwing Oblivion in the bin!

Not sure how to fix this since I'm not sure what I've done lol, do I need to reinstall? ==;

[/quote']

Aaaargh, stop making so many problems, im not quick enough to solve them :@ Just joking ;)

Well, if you modded ONLY saerlith, disabling her should fix it all since the changes were made to her esp, right?