What are people using for scripting?!!?!

rylasasin

I have to wonder just what the heck people are using to edit thier scripts.

Because right now, it seems when I use geck all it does it screw things up.

I can't even make a simple disable/enable code that it'll accept.

Not only that, when I look at other scripts I constantly get "Do you want to save this script?" Which it doesn't let me save it. I mean, if its there that person has to be using something other than what I'm using.

Are people using some other secret code editor that I don't know about? I mean what the heck?!

Begin Gamemode

If GetGameLoaded == 1
	00a0CcazadorRef.Disable
	set step to 1
endif

End

For new vegas there is NVSE + Geckpower up. Oblivion was TES Contruction ' date='Tes Extender + OBSE

For fallout 3 Is only Geck + FOSE

[/quote']

Just tried GeckPowerup, but it seems it crashes every time I try to load sexout or anything sexout related.

Guest Donkey

maybe it has to do with prideslayer newest extender addon. Not sure but you are correct it will crash with any plug-in using anything with sexout.esm as master other master files and mods works correctly. Maybe you need to place this bug report for prideslayer.

Guest Loogie

Nope, I just use a shortcut with ""F:\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\nvse_loader.exe" -editor" like I do for normal NVSE and powerup does its business automatically.

Guest Donkey

maybe that was the problem i was using the version powerup who loads nvse. I always used nvse so never noticed powerup was also working. :P The latest 1.7.1 is very handy since it allows you to edit esm directly. no more going back to esp an d renaming etc..

I've never had a problem with GECK Powerup and the NVSE Extender myself' date=' I didn't change anything after installing the extender

I've always started from "D:\Games\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas\nvse_loader.exe" -editor

[/quote']

Same here. No issues using the powerup or the extender to NVSE or NVSE itself. Same command to load the GECK with nvse_loader with the -editor optional command. I'm using WinXP SP3.

For reference:

I'm using the forked powerup found here.

I'm using the V5(beta) extender found here.

I'm using NVSE v2 b12 found here.

This setup also uses GECK 1.4.0.518 (July 2011 release) and the latest version of FO:NV 1.4.0.525 (July 2011 release).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest luthienanarion

Begin Gamemode

If GetGameLoaded == 1
	00a0CcazadorRef.Disable
	set step to 1
endif

End

You cannot use numerals at the start of editor IDs, and that's why something this simple will fail to compile. Rename 00a0CcazadorRef to something beginning with a letter.

Archived