Vampire Races Expanded (Not Working)

View File

Not working. This project has been abandoned. As I was working towards eliminating the remaining bugs for version 1.3 I saw a huge problem. I recently switch from NMM to MO and have liked it thus far, but I was taken by surprise when I noticed that FaceGenData has been exported automatically from CK. Usually you have to do the whole CTRL + F4 thing to generate it so I thought it was just the texture paths being changed. Its never as simple as it seems with MO and CK.

For now I'm going to scrap the whole VRE project and come up with something down the road that overhauls all the vampires in Skyrim at the same time. VRE has been eating up way too much of my time and I have other mods I'd rather be working on. Feel free to jump in and take over if you think you can get this working. Keep in mind you will basically need to recreate every vampire NPC in Skyrim and its still going to have its limitations in terms of compatibility with NPCs and different textures.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/18/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    N/A
  • Special Edition Compatible

Yeah I did mean "male", forgot to edit that bit after pasting.  Thank you for catching that.  I thought about including a texture pack, but I'll need to get some author's permission first.  We'll see what transpires.   

In the meantime, I've attached an archive with text file placeholders with the appropriate .dds file names.  Double checked for spelling errors.

Vampire Races Expanded Texture Pack.zip

Good news everyone!  I looked into it and found permission for Navetsea's UNP and b3lisario's SOS textures permissions in their descriptions (with credit given).  I was planning to work on a SOS patch tomorrow.  So depending on how that goes, I should be able to also include a combined texture pack.  I recently switched from NMM to MO and I'm still leaning how to make CK play nice with MO.  Texture paths really seem to be a weak point and I have been moving files in and out of my Skyrim directory to build new texture set paths.  So hopefully I don't get waylaid with the learning curve in modifying the SOS races.

After thinking about this all week I finally had a moment of clarity and figured out how to patch Schlong of Skyrim.  The patches are now available for download and I also included a texture pack with UNP and SOS bodies.  You'll still need to download the patches for any or all of the schlongs you have installed.

Interesting. I'll tip people off about it.

Also, will it work with the Porcelain Skin mod by MissShazira?

You will need to rename the body and hands as described in the install instructions

would be nice if u could add dva features into this, rather than having to install dva. thanks for sharing awesome work.

That would be nice, but I doubt Aipex8 and TaikoDragon would agree to that.

• 1 month later...

people this mod is incompatible with mods that modifies vampire faces like hott vampires 2 the quickening is there a way to get them compatible with each other?

NPC mod authors will need to create a VRE patch.  I am currently putting together some better resources.   I am also working on a NPC vampire overhaul, but its not going to be ready for awhile.  My cue of Skyrim mods has started to backup.

The whole way vampires are setup in Creation Kit is really quite odd.  Some belong to the vampire race, yet have a normal face texture, while others have the pre-Dawnguard texture which is made up of other races like a Nord with an Orc specular map, to give them that heavy brow line.  Same thing with the elves.  Plenty of conflicts can be found with almost any vampire mod. With this mod I hope to fix many of those issues as well.

In VRE 1.2, I fixed the "vampire race" vanilla and Dawnguard NPCs to use the correct textures.  Keep in mind this is only certain vampires.  Vampires that are listed as "Nord race" (for example) will not use the VRE texture.  Most of these characters are vampires that are "in mortal form", and thus incognito.  Or at least I'm assuming that was the purpose of making them part or a normal race, rather then their vampire counterpart.

As I was working towards eliminating the remaining bugs for version 1.3 I saw a huge problem.  I recently switch from NMM to MO and have liked it thus far, but I was taken by surprise when I noticed that FaceGenData has been exported automatically from CK.  Usually you have to do the whole CTRL + F4 thing to generate it so I thought it was just the texture paths being changed.  Its never as simple as it seems.  I don't recall seeing this when I packaged 1.2, but sure enough its there.  For now I'm going to scrap the whole VRE project and come up with something that overhauls all the vampires in Skyrim at the same time. 

Besides VRE has been eating up way too much of my time and I have other mods I'd rather be working on.    Feel free to jump in and take over if you think you can get this working.  Keep in mind you will basically need to recreate every vampire NPC in Skyrim and its still going to have its limitations in terms of compatibility.