I'm new here, can anybody point me in the right direction?

Rougheredge

Hi, I just signed up to this site and although I did some browsing beforehand I could still use someone to point me in the right direction. I don't have a lot of experience with using mods that aren't downloaded from the nexus and I notice some of these mods have a lot of requirements that sort of overwhelms my brain to be honest. So I was hoping someone could just tell me what I absolutely need to download to get most mods to run if that any makes sense. I just gotta sort of get a feel for what I'm doing.

Also, sorry if I'm being noobish or breaking some sort of unwritten rule here, I read the community rules and browsed a few topics but I'm not good with people and forums in general. So if I'm doing something that's considered bad form it's just an honest mistake.

Firstly, welcome to LoversLab! :)

Now, while it can certainly seem overwhelming at first we're quite a decent bunch and there are usually lots of people willing to help out. If you want advice of which mods to download you'll need to let people know what sort of things you're interested in. I'm assuming you're looking for Skyrim adult and sex mods, though the mods in the lab aren't all about sex. Well, ok... they're mostly about sex. But there are lots of different types of sex mod, ranging from romantic encounters between consenting humans to forced combat sex and animals.

The first thing you're going to want to get is likely SexLab Animation Framework. It's pinned at the top of the Downloads - SexLab Framework forum. Once you've got that installed you'll need some plugin mods to actually initiate sex. There are lots to choose from. Check out the SexLab Index topic, which is also pinned up at the top of the forum I linked to.

If you want to go the bondage route (highly recommended ;)!) the main mod you'll need is the ZaZ Animation Pack from the adult downloads section. (If you do want it, be sure to download the textures as well as the main file, plus the patch!) Similar to SexLab, it requires other mods that make use of it to see the best results in your game.

You're probably best off installing just a select few mods that catch your eye at first, rather than a load all at once. You'll want to be able to try them out and know which mod adds which feature so you can decide what you want to keep and what you don't.

If you're used to Nexus and NMM don't worry. It's been a while since I used NMM but I'm sure it has an "add mod from archive" button, or something similar. You can use that, find an archive you've downloaded from LL and then install it without problems.

Just be sure to read and follow the instructions on each mod's download page. Most authors are pretty good at laying out what's required, step-by-step, and usually provide links to any required mods. If you're unsure about anything search the mod description and support topic for an answer first, but then don't be afraid to ask if you're still stuck.

Most importantly, have fun!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Now I apologize but I clicked on the download button and it took me to a page with what appears to be five different files available for download. Do I download them all? Are they actually all the same or am I missing something incredibly obvious? I'm a bit of a dummy sometimes.

As for what kind of mods I'm interested in, I like a sort of immersion/RP type things. Like having a sort of "sexual satisfaction" stat in a manner similar to the Realistic Needs and Diseases mod where it goes through varying states that gives varying bonuses and penalties depending on whether or not the need has been met. I was looking to include both consensual sex for like spouses, friends with benefits or even just one night stands but I was also thinking of getting a few rape mods to kind of add a darker story element to my Skyrim. I don't know exactly how well this site caters to those kind of things but like I said I did a little bit of browsing and saw a few things that looked like they might fit what I'm looking for, though like I said, I kinda got lost in all the information. My brain processes information a bit differently then most people and I tend to just lose focus on the details when I see a bunch of text.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Now I apologize but I clicked on the download button and it took me to a page with what appears to be five different files available for download. Do I download them all? Are they actually all the same or am I missing something incredibly obvious? I'm a bit of a dummy sometimes.

As for what kind of mods I'm interested in, I like a sort of immersion/RP type things. Like having a sort of "sexual satisfaction" stat in a manner similar to the Realistic Needs and Diseases mod where it goes through varying states that gives varying bonuses and penalties depending on whether or not the need has been met. I was looking to include both consensual sex for like spouses, friends with benefits or even just one night stands but I was also thinking of getting a few rape mods to kind of add a darker story element to my Skyrim. I don't know exactly how well this site caters to those kind of things but like I said I did a little bit of browsing and saw a few things that looked like they might fit what I'm looking for, though like I said, I kinda got lost in all the information. My brain processes information a bit differently then most people and I tend to just lose focus on the details when I see a bunch of text.

The basic SexLab install, along with the "Non-SexLab Animation Pack"

SexLife, SexLab Solutions and Amorous Adventures should take care of the immersion.

SexLab Solutions lets you solve some quest problems with...yeah, sex, like if you have to get a key to somewhere that's held by a guard, you can distract/bribe him (or her) with your body.

Amorous Adventures lets you gain lovers based on story events.

SexLife makes NPCs have personal lives.

As far as rape mods, SexLab Submit, Defeat are the two main ones to try.

Which files to download after clicking the main download button will depend on the mod.

- Some (like ZaZ) have the mod split up into different files that all need downloading.

- Some (like SexLab) have the file for the main mod and an optional file if you want other features (creature animations, in this case.) So you might only need one or both depending on what you want in your game.

- Some mods (again, like SexLab) also include mirrors of the downloads (a link that takes you to an externally hosted version to save LoversLab some bandwidth costs) and you would need just the one here or just the one from the mirror, not both.

- Others just have one file required but might also include older versions in case people prefer not to have the newer features or want to keep compatibility with other mods that require a certain version. Most mods will have the most recent version number in their title and so that version is probably the one you'll need to download.

The description/instructions for each mod should hopefully clear up what's needed.

I can thoroughly recommend Amorous Adventures, by the way!

For a sexual satisfaction type stat I can think of SexLab Aroused Redux. Many mods will require this anyway, but it keeps track of how aroused characters are. By default (can be switched off in the MCM) you will gain less experience towards the next rank of your skills if your character is really turned on and distracted and - I think - more when satisfied.

Rape mods will mostly be in the Combat Sex category. Near the top right of the page click Downloads, then select Skyrim, SexLab Framework and Combat Sex. There are a few to choose from and, as Jayleia said, Submit and Defeat are probably the two big guns here. I think Defeat is the one still being most recently supported with updates, meaning it might be the better one to try, but have a look at all of them and see what tickles your fancy.

Thanks a lot for all the help! Just one more question, is there any sort of body mod that's generally supported? Cause before I found this site I downloaded a mod on the nexus that introduced sex and it had all sorts of clipping issues which I assume was a problem with my body mods. I use CBBE, nude females, feminine argonian textures and feminine Khajit textures. Plus Better Males. To be fair, the clipping issues are probably my fault when installing them but I'm not sure what I could have done wrong.

The two most popular bodies are CBBE and UNP and there are always lots of debates about which of the two is best, or which variation of them, or which other bodies that are available. It's entirely down to personal preference which shape you prefer and, if you're undecided, the amount of outfits available for each and/or the availability of specific outfits might tip the scales. CBBE seems to have a monopoly on decent catsuits, for example, which irritates me no end because I'm in love with the UNP shape and won't budge, and conversions of them don't tend to translate at all well to realistically-sized boobs.

As far as sex mod support and compatibility goes there's not a huge difference, I don't think. As long as it's got nude textures and you're using a compatible skeleton you should be fine.

Bodyslide allows you to create a body to your own preference based on CBBE, as well as convert outfits to fit it. That gave CBBE an edge for many for a long time but UUNP is now included in Bodyslide and adds just as much versatility to the UNP family. That stuff is pretty much indecipherable dark magic to me, so I can't really comment on how it all works. I just use Outfit Studio to get my UNP outfits nice and jiggly.

The two most popular bodies are CBBE and UNP and there are always lots of debates about which of the two is best, or which variation of them, or which other bodies that are available. It's entirely down to personal preference which shape you prefer and, if you're undecided, the amount of outfits available for each and/or the availability of specific outfits might tip the scales. CBBE seems to have a monopoly on decent catsuits, for example, which irritates me no end because I'm in love with the UNP shape and won't budge, and conversions of them don't tend to translate at all well to realistically-sized boobs.

As far as sex mod support and compatibility goes there's not a huge difference, I don't think. As long as it's got nude textures and you're using a compatible skeleton you should be fine.

Bodyslide allows you to create a body to your own preference based on CBBE, as well as convert outfits to fit it. That gave CBBE an edge for many for a long time but UUNP is now included in Bodyslide and adds just as much versatility to the UNP family. That stuff is pretty much indecipherable dark magic to me, so I can't really comment on how it all works. I just use Outfit Studio to get my UNP outfits nice and jiggly.

Alright, thanks a lot for all your help.

hi all,

i just wanted to continue on the post and explain a few things that i am trying to achieve with my skyrim game and some of the problems Ive been having.

i have a complete new install of skyrim as i installed new ssd hard drive, and hope to finally get to play the game instead of just adding new mods and quick testing them.

i have a new play through which is basically me just testing the mods and setting up my new character. i don't usually play a female character but am trying to compromise and play a futanari dark elf vampire instead.

i want to wander the land of skyrim with my enslaved creature and protector(currently a troll) feeding and fucking and impregnating any tasty female i may come across. i like enslaving worthy victims and bending them to my will and rewarding my protector with sexual favors. this means i probably going to play as some sort of illusion mage probably with archery as well. sounds like a good play through don't you  think?

im not completely new to lovers lab and have been impressed with the vast majority of mods ive downloaded and after many long hours have for the most part been able to get the settings i was after

however im struggling a little bit with a few things like body slide, variety in woman shape and size and node scaling and clams of skyrim and creature features / sex-lab arousal.

i think i had body slide sorted  but now every one seems to be fat when there clothes are removed, im trying to get a variety of female (and male where possible)  body shapes and sizes along with out fits (which is vanilla and immersive armors only at this point) it would b good if i had a bit of control over who is slim/fat also.

cum inflation (node scaling) doesn't seem to work with this character as it did on previous saves

beastly cocks don't seem to get hard with aroused or during animation

i have change install order and load order went through the mcm setting and played about with the bodyslide tool and reset fnis after each change does any one have any ideas as to where i may be going wrong or suggestions of mods i should try for this play though?

i will provide a complete list of mods an load order .....after my dinner

@ Rougheredge: you're welcome :)

@ RAMc: futa, animals and bodyslide aren't something I have much experience of, I'm afraid. For node scaling you need four different things to all be working in harmony:

• A skeleton that supports it
  • A body with the correct bone weights
  • An outfit (if you're wearing anything in body slot 32) with the correct bone weights
  • The mod that scales the nodes

If any of those are missing or not working properly then you won't get scaling. So I'd double check your skeleton and body meshes (especially if using a custom race.) If it works naked but not clothed then the outfit would need the right weights. If it doesn't work naked then ask in the support thread for the scaling mod, or ensure you're not using more than one that are conflicting with each other.

Good luck!

@ Rougheredge: you're welcome :)

@ RAMc: futa, animals and bodyslide aren't something I have much experience of, I'm afraid. For node scaling you need four different things to all be working in harmony:

• A skeleton that supports it
  • A body with the correct bone weights
  • An outfit (if you're wearing anything in body slot 32) with the correct bone weights
  • The mod that scales the nodes

If any of those are missing or not working properly then you won't get scaling. So I'd double check your skeleton and body meshes (especially if using a custom race.) If it works naked but not clothed then the outfit would need the right weights. If it doesn't work naked then ask in the support thread for the scaling mod, or ensure you're not using more than one that are conflicting with each other.

Good luck!

think ive got those i will check

here is a list of my mods via a screen print. yes im still using nmm

i not sure on rules here but is my avatar ok in this topic have changed it but prefer this one

post-502890-0-03253300-1445096928_thumb.png

post-502890-0-60040400-1445096941_thumb.png

post-502890-0-66187300-1445096947_thumb.png

Your avatar shouldn't be a problem. There's a Community Rules link up near the top of every page if you want to read through them, but that looks fine.

As for your mod list I suppose there could possibly be a node scaling conflict between the Hentai Pregnancy mod and Estrus Chaurus + though I don't use either so can't be sure. If they both scale nodes and they don't both use NetImmerse Override then, as far as I understand it, there might be issues. Talking of NetImmerse Override, you have it installed as well as having RaceMenu. NiO is included in recent versions of RaceMenu so you shouldn't need NiO installed separately. I don't know if it causes problems to have it twice, but it's probably not advisable to keep it that way. And talking of Estrus - again, as I don't use it I can't be certain - but I thought Estrus for Skyrim wasn't needed if you have Estrus Chaurus +

Archived