Info - "no gore" german Fallout NV players - and NVSE 5.0.2b

Hello all,

after some sleepless nights to configure all the Sexout stuff - i finaly found the point for a lot of crashes and weired behavior of the game i had.

All is centered arround NVSE 5.0.2b

NVSE 5.0.2b will NOT work with the german "no gore" Version.

If you try to launch the game with NVSE 5.0.2b it starts normaly - you even can check the Version (GetNVSEVersion in console will show 5)

If you have NVAC active - you will not get a CDT. This is sometimes helpfull - but sometimes not to find out what is wrong....

On my game i could not pick up stuff out a fridge - box etc into my inventory. The rest works completely normal.

If you make actions with Sexout stuff - realy weired things happen.

I deactivated NVAC and as soon as i tried to pickup stuff out of the fridge - i get a CDT.

Maybe your game shows other funny things - but not the one you expect^^

So here is my way how i found out whats wrong.....

Check the Version of Fallout NV you are using. Its quite easy.

Install NVSE - start your game.

Check the NVSE Version in your console with "GetNVSEVersion" - it should be shown 4 for 4.5.7 and 5 for 5.0.2b - close your game.

Go to your gamedirectory and check the file "nvse_loader.log"

Mine looks like that:

nvse loader 05000020 01D10160904FA6EA
procPath = K:\My Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV.exe
launching: FalloutNV.exe (K:\My Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV.exe)
dwSignature = FEEF04BD
dwStrucVersion = 00010000
dwFileVersionMS = 00010004
dwFileVersionLS = 0000020D
dwProductVersionMS = 00010004
dwProductVersionLS = 0000020D
dwFileFlagsMask = 00000017
dwFileFlags = 00000000
dwFileOS = 00000004
dwFileType = 00000001
dwFileSubtype = 00000000
dwFileDateMS = 00000000
dwFileDateLS = 00000000
version = 000100040000020D
pdb path = D:\_Fallout3\Platforms\Common\build\win32\FalloutNVng.pdb
steam exe
nogore
hook call addr = 00ECC3FB
load lib addr = 00FDF0B0
dll = K:\My Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\nvse_1_4ng.dll
main thread id = 8596
hookBase = 001D0000
loadLibraryAAddr = 7553D8D0
hook thread complete
launching

As you see - "no gore".

A feature of NVSE Version 4.5.7 is the explicite support of the "no gore" Version. NVSE Version 5.0.2b supports this not.

If you have the NVSE Extender installed check the "nvse_extender.log" in your gamedirectory.

Mine looks like this:

Standard extender aborting in NOGORE FONV

It aborts cause of the "no gore" Version

With all this - try to roll back to NVSE 4.5.7 it will solve a lot of issues.

And yes - i think some sexout stuff will not work - cause it needs NVSE 5.0.2b! - Check this first before you open a support ticket or waste hours of configuring arround....

I by myself bought in the meantime a global CD key for Fallout NV - 4 bucks^^ activated it over Steam - but still get the "no gore" Version.

I oppened a supportticket on Steam to let them change my Version to "no gore" cause of the global key i have.

We will see what they do....

So - hope this helps a little for some of you.

Ava

In the meantime i tested the sexout stuff....

Unluckily - the most of them except the core - will not run!

NVSE / NVSE Extender - all must be the actual Version!!!

... but the actual Versions are not combatible with the german "no gore" version....

If Steam support dont change this - goodbye for me to sexout stuff... what a waste of time....

I have a global key - do not know if it works if someone sends me just the "no gore" FalloutNV.exe so i can activate it with my key....

I am realy pissed off.....

Ava

... but Sexout instructions said the no gore version is not supported, IIRC.

Where ?

I finally found it in the known issues spoiler tag of 94 stable but it does not give any detail as to the issues, but its does not say it is because of NVSE issue.

The German (no-gore) version is know to have problems with sexout. Buy the North American version, the Austrian version, or search the forums for how to get it working (if possible) with the "un-cut" patch.

Archived