Need real help wth devious devices I...

RayvenWitch

I downloaded all the required mods for devious devices integration. I test ran my game just to make sure all the mods were working correctly and were installed in the correct order. when I finely got to said mod. I downloaded it. started up the game and it shuts back down. I am still new to moding. please help me fix or give me a set of mods that will work that are similar to the devious set. I attached the mod I want too.

I'd use Mod Organizer myself. I have all the Devious Devices (except Devious Extras since I don't use it often). It has a light version of LOOT already programmed in. Also you may need to consider using TESV Edit to clean your main files (I.E. Update, Dawnguard, Dragonborn, and Hearthfire where applicable). The dirty edits in the main files sometimes interfere with the mods' operations and can cause CTD. A tutorial on youtube can get you rollin'. Find the user Gopher, as he explains how to download the Organizer, TESV, and explains in fair detail as to why you should do these steps the way he shows you as well. He has 10 tutorials on MO as far as I know. 2 more on TES V Edit.

Ah, the old CTD-fight.

First of all:

Use Mod Organizer.

It has LOOT already integrated.

Then install WryeBash to Mod Organizer. 

On the very left Mod Organizer shows the order in which folders are "injected" into the skyrim data folder.

Organize there with a good amount of common sense the way each mods overwrites another one. If a mod has requirements, make sure these requirements don't overwrite that mod. And the more important a mod seems to be, the less often it should be overwritten, except it is designed to be overwritten like the Unofficial Skyrim Patches.

Then go to the right, click on the plugins tab (very left one) and click on the "Sort" button. Now Loot is running and doing its imperfect but really good magic.

Afterwards organize the mods there with even more common sense and some trial and error (and of course what mod authors write in their descriptions on Nexus and LL). Don't do too many changes, try to stick to what LOOT gave you. Always remember: Except for a few exceptions (like the Unofficial Skyrim Patch) all .esm files are loaded before your .esp files.

Then you run WryeBash from ModOrganizer. 

There are some good tutorials out there (Somehow i'm not allowed to post links?). Basically WryeBash tells you which mod overwrites which one and which mods other mods require. And in which order mods require other mods. Don't worry you will never be able to satisfy all mods and it isn't necessary. Use some common sense on which mods are important and which changes are so minor you don't have to care about them.

After you're done with that run FNIS from ModOrganizer with all the Stuff it needs. The very most times the "skeleton arm fix" and "groovetama's alternate animation" is all you need. And even these are only required if you're using XPMSE. What you're probably doing, since you're here on LL.

After that start WryeBash another time and generate the "Bashed Patch" by scrolling far down in WryeBash's mod list, right clicking the patch and selecting "Rebuild Patch".

Then you're pretty much done. If you're still crashing, its probably a bad mod, script or similar. E.g. the HDT HighHeels system makes me crash everytime if I move the .dat file, that it writes into mod organizer's overwrite, into a mod.

BTW.: Always keep an eye on Mod Organizers overwrite. Often you have to right click it and select "Create Mod", since Mod Organizer writes there all files that are created by one of the programs that are run from Mod Organizer. E.g. after running FNIS you have to build a mod from the overwrite.

Ah, the old CTD-fight.

First of all:

Use Mod Organizer.

It has LOOT already integrated.

Then install WryeBash to Mod Organizer. 

On the very left Mod Organizer shows the order in which folders are "injected" into the skyrim data folder.

Organize there with a good amount of common sense the way each mods overwrites another one. If a mod has requirements, make sure these requirements don't overwrite that mod. And the more important a mod seems to be, the less often it should be overwritten, except it is designed to be overwritten like the Unofficial Skyrim Patches.

Then go to the right, click on the plugins tab (very left one) and click on the "Sort" button. Now Loot is running and doing its imperfect but really good magic.

Afterwards organize the mods there with even more common sense and some trial and error (and of course what mod authors write in their descriptions on Nexus and LL). Don't do too many changes, try to stick to what LOOT gave you. Always remember: Except for a few exceptions (like the Unofficial Skyrim Patch) all .esm files are loaded before your .esp files.

Then you run WryeBash from ModOrganizer. 

There are some good tutorials out there (Somehow i'm not allowed to post links?). Basically WryeBash tells you which mod overwrites which one and which mods other mods require. And in which order mods require other mods. Don't worry you will never be able to satisfy all mods and it isn't necessary. Use some common sense on which mods are important and which changes are so minor you don't have to care about them.

After you're done with that run FNIS from ModOrganizer with all the Stuff it needs. The very most times the "skeleton arm fix" and "groovetama's alternate animation" is all you need. And even these are only required if you're using XPMSE. What you're probably doing, since you're here on LL.

After that start WryeBash another time and generate the "Bashed Patch" by scrolling far down in WryeBash's mod list, right clicking the patch and selecting "Rebuild Patch".

Then you're pretty much done. If you're still crashing, its probably a bad mod, script or similar. E.g. the HDT HighHeels system makes me crash everytime if I move the .dat file, that it writes into mod organizer's overwrite, into a mod.

BTW.: Always keep an eye on Mod Organizers overwrite. Often you have to right click it and select "Create Mod", since Mod Organizer writes there all files that are created by one of the programs that are run from Mod Organizer. E.g. after running FNIS you have to build a mod from the overwrite.

Use the real LOOT, the one in Mod Organizer is not as good and has not been updated.

Archived