Question about tri files and hair

Amonkira

I have been searching about this for a while, but haven't found any specific tool or solution for this, so I hope someone here might know.

I have a hair model that is missing a tri file for the hairline mesh and due to this, I can't edit it with the Sculpt mode in the RaceMenu mod. The hairline mesh is outlined with a wireframe, but without this tri file it's impossible to edit.

The specific hair in question is from KS Hairdos Renewal, the hair is called Wanda.nif. The KS Hairdos mod have a folder called "hairline", but this only contains .nif files, no tri. I am unable to find any tri files at all in the entire mod.

Is there any way a person with no 3d software or knowledge can make a tri file for these hairline meshes?

• 3 months later...

I've been looking for a way to sculpt hair from KS Hairdos in Racemenu like you said, but I didn't know it had to do with the .tri files.

There's a guide at http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Working_with_Skyrim_head_TRIs that explains more or less how to do it with heads, I can't imagine it would be too different for hairs, though I've yet to try myself. Seems worth though, since once you have working .tri files for all the hairs, customizing them all further in Racemenu would be a cinch.

Archived