Daedric Chainmail Glow Maps and other odd shit...

BringtheNoise

The other day I started Tinkering around with the Golden Knight, Silver Knight, and Umbra Armor's that come with the Mod Colorful Magic v1.26 (off of Nexus).

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37440/?

Well... Suffice it to say I used a combo of the Daedric Armor from the UNP/Sevenbase Skimpy Armor Replacers off of Nexus

http://static-5.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/34160-2-1367243955.jpg

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34160/?

And the Daedric Chainmail Armor (which changes the baseshape/body type from default to glow map and changes the texture paths to the chainmail textures called "Lydiabody.dds".

Now some actually have a mapped texture path for the glow map and end up looking like this...

post-321913-0-81195400-1440103548_thumb.jpg

Funny thing is to create (or modify) the glow map texture you just need to open it up in paint.net (free and already supports the dds file format)... and tinker.

And you can end up with something like this...

post-321913-0-29221900-1440103626_thumb.jpg

The Stomach writing (strangely enough) on that translates to "Daedric Fuck Toy" - Thank you DocClox for that bit.

The Leg Band was a simple copy paste new layer and flip horizontal.

The Torso is a mix of a Molag Bal Symbol and the UNP Tribal Tattoo's (from here on LL).

The Upper Arm Band (under the deadric plates) is from the original.

The Wrist tattoo's are from the UNP Conceloti or what ever its called on Nexus

The Upper Back Tattoo is also from that pack (both pulled from the loose pack that is on Nexus).

The Tramp Stamp is from the original glow map...

And yes I'm think about adding something vulgar to the ass cheeks like Dovakin Font "Anal Ready"

Figure I'll have it Anal on the left cheek and Ready on the right...

Oh... Back to the Mix and Matching of armor bits and pieces (thank you Outfit Studio and Nifscope).

post-321913-0-77862000-1440104091_thumb.jpg

Needs the Ebony Blade to make it complete...

post-321913-0-44886800-1440105055_thumb.jpg

Duh yeah set the glow to green so you can see what is glowing on the body -vs- what is glowing in the armor.

post-321913-0-55394100-1440104150_thumb.jpg

Most of the Original is hidden with the breast plate and what not...

post-321913-0-64797600-1440104179_thumb.jpg

Coenaculi that's the name of it.... yeah I knew it was something like that...

post-321913-0-79710600-1440104195_thumb.jpg

The Tribal Tattoo Main Body from the UNP set here on LL (Inverted the color, applied it to a black background and saved it).

post-321913-0-72263900-1440104247_thumb.jpg

I think that one is the collage of it in game, the thigh high boots kinda take away from the glow maps on the legs of the torso... which is why the current version of the boots only go up to the knee.

Now somewhere in the testing and tinkering I started tossing in Bits from CT77's Daedric Armor set...

Lets see I swap'd out the UNP Pauldron's for CT77's, add in the Belt and left/right skirts and the lower chains that go with the skirts from CT77's as well.

Down side to the Colorful Magic Set is they only come in one size (no high and low)... So I tweaked all of the nif's to the Demonfet 100 weight (bombshell breasts with a unp skinny ass and thin waist line).

The Glow Maps were mucked with in Nifscope (just a mater of changing the color for the glow map and then point the textures to the correct location).

I have turned the Thigh High Boots for the Umbra, Silver, and Gold Knight set back to Knee High (and they should fit any unp or cbbe lower leg with little to no issue).

If I upload the Torso's (probably will just need to pack em up) I'll revert them to a default CBBE shape (cause I'm nice like that... well sometimes nice like that).... will probably be in a follow up post though.

Due Note: They have the HDT belly, breast, and butt weights from Outfit Studio setup so it does bounce...

Yeah I guess now I need to convert those back to a basic CBBE shape and pack em up in a 7zip file...

Some other shitznit...

post-321913-0-80587800-1440105685_thumb.jpg

I need to tweak this one and set all the dark area's to the same color (slightly off black, not completely black) That way those area's will not get a dull glow and only the area's that are grey/white will glow...

post-321913-0-67066600-1440105715_thumb.png

Doc's Lettering (Inverted and copied over into the glow map as a new layer so I could move it to where I wanted it and resize then merged into the glow map texture.

post-321913-0-72446500-1440105732_thumb.jpg

Just some simple Font Tests with the Dovakin Font and Daedric...

EDJIT (Edit'd by an Idjot)

CM Mesh Replacements.7z

Meshes are in a CBBE/UUNP base shape, have HDT weighting and can be modified in Outfit Studio to fit the UNP shape you want.

Glow Map Textures can be tinkered with in paint.net

Glow Map Path and Colors can be adjusted in Nifscope...

And Ignore Blondie's plug in the montage as that is just pretty vacant... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

End of the Month and here I am adding more to this thread...

How about some re-Textures for Daedric Armor?

I was mucking with in Paint.net, they are 1k or 2k (can't remember) and use the DXT5 compression.

Set one is Fire (has a red and orange color theme to it).

post-321913-0-77065000-1441053512_thumb.jpg

Daedric Rexteture (Fire)l.7z

Note: Does not include a Helmet (I forgot to make one, meh).

The second I just call Purple Hazard. It does have a Helmet (cause I use it as a retexture for ERL's Succubus set).

post-321913-0-36858900-1441053796_thumb.jpg

Daedric Retexture (Purple Hazard).7z

Both sets were based on a mix of Royal Daedric Rextuture and the Glorious Daedric Retexture.

Some of the metal bits and the horse shoe shaped bits on the right side are from Glorious (the horse shoe bits are usually where the chain uv map resides on most Daedric Armor replacers). The Rest was mainly the the Royal Daedric set (with some of the M files breast plate bits copied expanded and recolored to give the cheast a little more color).

All in all its not to bad.

I figured I'ld show what the Daedric Fire Set looks like on a skimpy armor set...

post-321913-0-49508100-1441955996_thumb.jpg

Playing around with the Colderharbour Daedra remade ... Used the Chainmail nif from the chainmail set, the chest plate from the unp skiny set, the pauldron's, armguards, side skirts, belt and chains from ct77's set. The Boots, and guantlets from the unp skinny set, and the helpmet with glowing eyes... Had to make a Texture for the Shield (wasn't to hard), as the Winter Texture set only included torso, helmet, boots, and gauntlets....

Used the Textures from DeserterX's Daedric Reaper set for the sword (but threw the graphics that runs down the blade back into that one). Used the Glowing Armor and Weapons set to replace the sword mesh (I don't like the slimmed down daedric sword, the greatsword is okay but the 1h sword is by far the best mesh bethesda but in sword wise... so yeah glow mapped sword with DX textures... its all good...

post-321913-0-84746500-1442062366_thumb.jpg post-321913-0-95191800-1442062408_thumb.jpg

Some bits are from colorful magic (they set in slot 60 and don't show up... they just carry enchantments).

Archived