[CK 2] Questions about Editing Specific Parameters

hewhocumsbynight

Hi.  I was wondering if anybody knows how to alter the code for:

-The "Take Concubine" (Norse/HIndi) or "Marry Second Wife" (Muslim/Zoroastrian/Jain), to allow the taking of blood relatives as sex toys

and/or

-How to increase the likelihood of capturing the lady of a castle or her daughters in the event of a successful siege.

Thank you for your assistance or hints.

Hi.  I was wondering if anybody knows how to alter the code for:

-The "Take Concubine" (Norse/HIndi) or "Marry Second Wife" (Muslim/Zoroastrian/Jain), to allow the taking of blood relatives as sex toys

and/or

-How to increase the likelihood of capturing the lady of a castle or her daughters in the event of a successful siege.

Thank you for your assistance or hints.

I tried to find the code for the first, and I coudn't. :(

Possible workarounds:

- (easy) editing the common/religions/00_religions.txt, adding all these religions these lines "pc_marriage = yes" and "bs_marriage = yes"

- writing new targetted decisions that allows it.

For the second (capturing), it's an event (id: 62100 in siege_events.txt), and it's randomly triggered when someone won a siege. The line: "100 = 62100 # Character imprisoned".

Possible solutions:

- easy: Put a bigger number instead of "100" - bigger the probability

- probably: delete the "100 =", and put the line higher, from under random events to under events; I'm not sure about this, but probably it means you capture everyone capturable there.

If you only want the big probability for ladies and daughters, not the boys, maybe duplicate the event 62100 (like 62102), and put in one "is_female = yes" in the trigger part, before the first "is_close_relative = ROOT" line, and put "is_female = no" in the duplicate. Now in on_action put the line " 100 = 62102" after the 62100 one; after that put a bigger number instead of the "100" in case of the event you put "is_female = yes".

My modding knowledge is poor, so they are just ideas: these are what I would try to do.

No worries.  Thank you for providing those hints, Zia.

And I will experiment with those ideas, Gurges!  Thanks for providing them.  I'll post feedback if I can remember to do so.

What is missed to write down, is that the other file you need to edit are for the capturing is common/on_actions/00_on_actions.txt (search for 62100 in it).

Archived