-Mod Idea- Missing Limbs

GimmeBACON

Okay, so I remember once I downloaded a follower which had a special outfit that removed one of their arms, so I'm wondering, what would it take to make one of your arms invisible, essentially making it so you only have one? I know some animations would look strange, like dual wielding, but if your character lost their arm, why are you dual wielding or using a bow anyway? I doubt this mod will come to be, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway, who knows, maybe it exists already and I suck at google-fu.

If you are ok with the animation being bizarre looking, you could pick an armor from a mod (something not in the leveled drop list, so you don't get random NPCs wearing it), and tweak it in Bodyslide/Outfit Studio.

-Open it in Outfit Studio

-Conform to Sliders, if you don't already have it tweaked to a preset you like.

-Use the mask tool to 'darken' the arm you want gone. Then, in the Brush menu, invert the mask. If you don't what you darkened will be the only thing you keep. Could be fun if you just want a floating disembodied arm.

-In the Sliders menu at the top, hit 'new zap slider' and name it whatever you want.

-Save your project, filling in all the proper lines to get it where it needs to be in your data directory.

-Close Bodyslide and Outfit Studio to refresh the list. Your new project should be in there. Tick the checkbox for the zap slider you created, and check the preview to make sure what you masked is gone.

-Depending on the mesh, you may have to do this multiple times, to get all the layered items. The program can't handle masking multiple mesh items.

Be sure to go back, and deal with the hole in your character, since meshes are really basically hollow and all.

Archived