Skyrim RealVision ENB lagging a lot when it shouldn't

Hello, I've successfully installed the RealVision ENB onto my Skyrim instance, and i'm struggling to maintain around 30 fps with it on.

As far as i'm aware, this shouldn't be lagging with my current setup...

Can anyone suggest a way around to fix the lag issue? I've installed Skyrim performance monitor to detect how my skyrim is running whilst in the city of Whiterun. I will list my mods which i am using along side this ENB.

All system specs which are most likely necessary are on the attached graph.

Keep in mind that i'm not the most logically minded person when it comes to this stuff, so if there is any more into which is required to help solve the issue, let me know.(Dips in GPU% is when I alt-tab out of Skyrim to check the data)

post-874561-0-91400100-1435662111_thumb.png

post-874561-0-41988100-1435662117_thumb.png

post-874561-0-84554500-1435662128_thumb.jpeg

2GB VRAM is at the lower end for running a full ENB preset. 4GB is usually considered both the minimum and maximum for higher qualities.

Try toggling off some of RV's more heavy-duty effects to see what that does for you and if you can manage without them (AO and DoF are real FPS-killers).

You might also try using lower res textures and running DDSopt.

I have yet to use a city cell overhaul mod that didn't do unspeakable things to my framerate.

Archived