Do You Want Children?...

Sεraphim

Do You Want Children?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do You Want Children?

• Male: Sure, IDGAF
    • Male: HAYULLL NAH.
    • Female: Sure, I love babies!
    • Female: I'd rather keep my sexy waistline, and tight vagina.

Guest Deliria

I've been called all kinds of things for not wanting children, it seems a woman not wanting to spawn is still taboo over here. I've been called selfish, unnatural, odd, and even cold-hearted for not wanting to spawn loinfruits, but there you go. I've known all my life I've never wanted kids, and the most insulting thing was people nodding at me knowingly going "You'll change your mind one day" Excuse me? who the fuck are you to tell me what I will or will not want in my life?

Besides, I've got too many things wrong with me genetically that don't deserve to be passed on, so it's a good thing I don't want kids anyway. I'm going to stick with pets. Easier to litter train.

I'm aware that semi-rant makes me sound like a cold hearted bitch, but motherhood is not for me.

I've been called all kinds of things for not wanting children' date=' it seems a woman not wanting to spawn is still taboo over here. I've been called selfish, unnatural, odd, and even cold-hearted for not wanting to spawn loinfruits, but there you go. I've known all my life I've never wanted kids, and the most insulting thing was people nodding at me knowingly going "You'll change your mind one day" Excuse me? who the fuck are you to tell me what I will or will not want in my life?

Besides, I've got too many things wrong with me genetically that don't deserve to be passed on, so it's a good thing I don't want kids anyway. I'm going to stick with pets. Easier to litter train.

I'm aware that semi-rant makes me sound like a cold hearted bith, but motherhood is not for me.

[/quote']

Where is it that you live, out of curiosity (understandable if you don't want to tell)? Also what pets do you own :rolleyes:?

Guest Deliria

currently only one rabbit since my dear little Batbunny passed away (called Batbunny as he resembled a rabbit) but am going to adopt a new rabbit to be my remaining rabbit's mate after Easter (rescue centers are over-crowded at that time)

they don't live very long, but looking after animals comes natural to me instead of spawning loinfruits. Same for my partner, he doesn't like kids either, but he doesn't get stick for it. I'm also infertile, so it's lucky in a way I'm not maternal.

Ooh I see, lol is it true though if you get a mate for your bunny, you'll be expecting a bigger family of bunnies very soon?

I never knew England had that perspective on being child free, in the states you wouldn't be treated like that. Lol what about adopting a dog :P?

Guest Deliria

Meh, a lot of people I know have kids young over here. A lot have them in their teens, 17-20 etc, which doesn't make them bad mothers, but there are those that have had children to get free housing.

I'd love a dog, but not a good combination with rabbits :P perhaps in the future when I have a larger home.

Meh' date=' a lot of people I know have kids young over here. A lot have them in their teens, 17-20 etc, which doesn't make them bad mothers, but there are those that have had children to get free housing.

[/quote']

One of my friends told me he is afraid of having children because he thinks, what happens if he can't raise them right or if they come out disabled.

I'd love a dog, but not a good combination with rabbits :P perhaps in the future when I have a larger home.

I don't know ... :P

Friends-l1.jpg

kDbm3.jpg

Here in the UK it depends a lot on your social circle in a lot of cases.

If you don't want kids you can get a lot of stick for it from some folk. Also If you do have a family it's amazing how many places and folk are not child friendly.

There's a fair amount of hypocrisy experienced by the childless and by those with children.

Both mine are grown now. My daughter is in her early 20s and my boy is 18. I was 30 when my daughter was born and it was the most defining moment of my life. I did not seek parenthood and would have been perfectly happy to be childless for the rest of my life. I decided, once I knew, that our life was to change, I accepted the role that "fate" presented me with. Not once have I regretted this and both of them enriched my life. They have grown into the kind of people that, were I of the same generation, would choose to have as friends. Unusually, as the dad, I took control of rearing them since the Mrs had career oportunities that I could only dream of. When my daughter was small I faced a lot of prejudices and antipathy from others as much for being a bloke who was full time parent and the anti-kid attitudes of others. In the UK 20-odd years ago it was very hard to find a baby changing room that didn't insist that only women could use it!

To sum up the hypocritical attitude it seemed to me that you MUST have children but once you had them you have to keep them out of sight.

Personally, I believe that, like all major decisions in life, informed choice is the only way to go. So choose and be at peace with your decision and to hell with the opinions of others (including mine!)

The above was not meant to be a rant. It's merely an attempt to put my views in perspective.

I've been called all kinds of things for not wanting children' date=' it seems a woman not wanting to spawn is still taboo over here. I've been called selfish, unnatural, odd, and even cold-hearted for not wanting to spawn loinfruits, but there you go. I've known all my life I've never wanted kids, and the most insulting thing was people nodding at me knowingly going "You'll change your mind one day" Excuse me? who the fuck are you to tell me what I will or will not want in my life?

I'm aware that semi-rant makes me sound like a cold hearted bitch, but motherhood is not for me.

[/quote']

Well your case is self-explanatory, health is main issue. But I just laugh when I hear my old friends now wanting to first find a 'nice' guy and have a kid with him knowing that when they were in their late teens and early 20s they defended to death idea of having children.

I guess their biological clock is ticking.

Personally I am not interested in having children from legal standpoint. It is not worth it given over 50 percent divorce rate in United States. It's not question whether you believe your marriage will survive or not. It is pure probability, equivalent of flipping the coin. The one who ends up getting pay all after divorce is male. I don't wanna live in the car and having 70% taken out of my pay check just to be able to see my child once a week.

Thanks again feminists and contemporary politicians to fully legalize and institutionalize the family. Fuck you all stupid fucks. ;)

[/quote']

Well your case is self-explanatory, health is main issue. But I just laugh when I hear my old friends now wanting to first find a 'nice' guy and have a kid with him knowing that when they were in their late teens and early 20s they defended to death idea of having children.

I guess their biological clock is ticking.

Personally I am not interested in having children from legal standpoint. It is not worth it given over 50 percent divorce rate in United States. It's not question whether you believe your marriage will survive or not. It is pure probability, equivalent of flipping the coin. The one who ends up getting pay all after divorce is male. I don't wanna live in the car and having 70% taken out of my pay check just to be able to see my child once a week.

Thanks again feminists and contemporary politicians to fully legalize and institutionalize the family. Fuck you all stupid fucks. ;)

1. Deleria, I trust that you have been good enough to tell those nosey, annoying types where they can shove their opinions on how you should live what is your life. I posted earlier to establish my personal experience so that anyone can see that I was happy to have a family but refuse to get evangelical about it. It doesn't matter why you don't want to reproduce so much as the fact that you have chosen not to. This is no one's business except your own. I don't understand why folk feel the need to pass out judgement on a perfectly harmless lifestyle. Would these good people pass judgement on you if you were in a same gender relationship? Or you joined a convent? Or started an animal sanctuary? Maybe. Maybe not. I don't think you are any kind of bitch at all. I wish you nothing but joy.

2. Cygarniczka, This will sound strange coming from someone who has enjoyed a long and happy relationship, but the nuclear family is partly a myth and a recent social development in relation to Western "culture". Older by far were the tribe, the community, and later what is now called the extended family. In each of the above, children were not "owned" by the parent but held in trust for the larger body of the whole community which shared in the responsibilities of child rearing. Social development has moved more to the individual than their role in the larger society. We are bombarded by the myth that the nuclear family should be our ultimate goal in life. As if we lived in an "I Love Lucy" 1950s world.

I think the western world is floundering around and desperatly needs to find a new social template for the betterment of us all. I just don't know what that would be.

Guest Gandalf

I got one for sale,cheap.Well,he's not a young child,he's 40 but you can have him.

He never calls,i never hear from him,ok maybe i used to like him but i don't know him anymore.He won't let me.

I've become resigned to his distancing himself so all i can say is if you want children umm...good luck with that. :P

If he'd knock at your door tomorrow you'd directly forgive him everything because of love. This is the bitter-sweet curse of being a normal parent. And it is, with exception of the first few baby years and perhaps a short intermezzo when the child itself falls in love and thus needs parental approval, an often one-sided love where the parental part doesn't get back what was given. Exceptions prove the rule.

To be honest Deliria is not uncommon. I know some people who didn't want children then found the right person got married and have about two children. To be honest at the end of the day it's up to you if you want to go through labour or not. There is always the chance that what however problems you have won't be passed on, but like you said it's something they shouldn't have to deal with.

Guest Gandalf

If he'd knock at your door tomorrow you'd directly forgive him everything because of love. This is the bitter-sweet curse of being a normal parent. And it is' date=' with exception of the first few baby years and perhaps a short intermezzo when the child itself falls in love and thus needs parental approval, an often one-sided love where the parental part doesn't get back what was given. Exceptions prove the rule.

[/quote']

Yeah,i would, i'm just a grumpy old man.:P

@Gandalf

The parable of the Lost Son crosses my mind and the proverb that

Becoming a father is easy enough but being one can be very rough.

Anyway, don't wait for the unexpected, start the search for your son instead. A man can change his spots, the leopard never will. It's just a matter of human will.

Uh-huh! I'm just a 24-year-old witch and thus by far not old enough to give an elder any social advice. Sorry.

Addendum.

Personally I think about a possible adoption of colourful children at a much later date when career is no longer dominating life, a partner exists that has no fear of losing me and the winkle crème is the new all-time companion of a woman that is no longer a young femme fatale. Anyway, kids need a bunch of love rather than a mere blood line. My own line is long, frakkin' long and it's up to my younger brother to keep up our family banner and the tradition, it's not my thing. Until further notice I'm dismissed as 'incubator', and this at my own request.

Archived