D3D9.dll Nvidia

chapel

I recently lost, and never backed up, this .DLL that basically tricks Oblivion's launcher into thinking you're running Nvidia GeForce graphics, enabling HDR lighting and raising game performance in an instance.

I re-installed Oblivion, and realized that I no longer have this .DLL. I searched around for it, from Nexus to various sites and download links, but it's either not the "right" file (for FO3/NV/Sky version) or the links are dead.

Anyone out there still has this file on their HD or a live link available? Much appreciated.  

Generally speaking, using system files from unknown sources is not a good idea. Your choice.

Unfortunately I have found nothing like that on my system. Keep serching the internet if you feel like taking the risk, but be cautious.

EDIT

You mean, activating HDR along with anti-aliasing? Once I read somewhere that it was possible, but now I cannot remember the details, let alone provide a link. I found this, perhaps could be similar to (or exactly is) what you're looking for:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/420948-hdr-and-anti-aliasing/

The link posted won't work because of the restyling of Nexus site (it's an old post). The updated link is:

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/39909/?

I do not take responsibility for the content though. Use it at your own risk! :P

If you read the entire forum thread there may be useful informations and feedbacks.

I have half a mind of trying this myself!

Downloaded the nexus files and there's indeed a d3d9.dll

I guess I'm a good truffle dog.

EDIT

I tried this myself and I'm not very happy with it. I've been using Bloom+AA for too long, and I think I got too used to it. Activating HDR makes lighting too vivid for my taste now, could be also because I'm using All Natural Wheather + Real Lights.

Archived