Can I Remove CMPartners Dependancy from CMPartner NPCs?

GMac2021

This might seem like an idiotic question but HOW do I delete the CMPartners master dependancy from CMPartners NPCs I've downloaded?

Ideally, I'd like to delete the CMParter.esm master, and just use the CS to add new AI routines to my existing partners.

I have a lot of CMPartners I don't want to delete, but I want to get rid of CMPartners itself - as MCS is much more flexible and stable (in my opinion). I'd also like to use Tomago/Hiyoko again, and CMPartners just does not work right with those plugins.

Is it possible for me to just delete the CMPartner master from the NPCs somehow? I can give the NPCs new AI routines, but I can't get rid of that damned dependancy.

Also, there's a good chance I'm overthinking this problem...

P.S. Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this. I just know that Lovers Lab is the ONLY Oblivion mod forum that will give me a straight answer.

PS - I haunt every nook and cranny here at LL so don't be afraid to post other places. :)

Tes4edit can do it (see the bottom of the page for the section on removing masters:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes4Mod:Tes4View#Remove_a_Master_Dependency

Link to download tes4edit: http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11536

However they recommend using Tes4Gecko instead if you read the notes.

Link to Tes4Gecko: http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8665

The big thing to remember is by gutting the dependency you may break the mod in quite a lot of ways. If you are just looking to get some extra npc's into the game that aren't dependent on CMPartners take a look at from2ch lives:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=2596 It adds 300+ npc's and was designed with MCS in mind.

If you have a specific NPC that you are trying to keep then give Tes4Gecko a shot and see if you can make it work.

Have Fun :)

I have specific NPCs I want to keep - or at least their faces. I've figured out how to create my own NPCs and give them schedules, but I've grown attached to some of these faces :) Maybe I should just create new NPCs and import the faces.

I already have the From2ch suite of mods installed. If worse comes to worse, I'll delete CMPartners and use these girls.

I couldn't get TES4Edit to work, but I'm going to check out Gecko. Thanks for the tip - again! The more I use CMPartners, the more I hate it. For me, MCS kills it.

I have specific NPCs I want to keep - or at least their faces. I've figured out how to create my own NPCs and give them schedules' date=' but I've grown attached to some of these faces :) Maybe I should just create new NPCs and import the faces.

I already have the From2ch suite of mods installed. If worse comes to worse, I'll delete CMPartners and use these girls.

I couldn't get TES4Edit to work, but I'm going to check out Gecko. Thanks for the tip - again! The more I use CMPartners, the more I hate it. For me, MCS kills it.

[/quote']

Yea, I hear you on CM partners. It causes problems with all sorts of mods including lovers at times. MCS is the bomb, at least IMHO.

You should be able to steal their faces via Wrye.

Tes4Gecko is supposed to be the one to use for the master thing. I have only used it to merge files myself so I can't give you further advice.

Gecko removed the master fine, but left her as a bald guy with no AI. I'm just going to create new NPCs from scratch and import the faces I want.

That sucks, though. I should be able to just remove CMPartners without affecting their appearance. I've changed NPCs in lots of mods without this much grief. I'm just going to ditch CMPartners outright.

GregAtHit - I thank you again. I'm going to explore Gecko tonight. Just without CMPartners.

I have specific NPCs I want to keep - or at least their faces. I've figured out how to create my own NPCs and give them schedules' date=' but I've grown attached to some of these faces :) Maybe I should just create new NPCs and import the faces.

[/quote']

Yea, I hear you on CM partners. It causes problems with all sorts of mods including lovers at times. MCS is the bomb, at least IMHO.

You should be able to steal their faces via Wrye.

Tes4Gecko is supposed to be the one to use for the master thing. I have only used it to merge files myself so I can't give you further advice.

You're right. I'm just going to steal some faces and delete CMPartners. Nothing I like better than selecting "Repair" and having my game crash, anyway. Or exiting an Oblivion Gate and having all my partners back in their stock clothing...

I use MCS to control my CMPartners, but CM still tries to take over when I fast travel or warp between cells. Its time to delete that dinosaur and open up 30 or 40 mod slots.

I've actually had a lot of success just opening the mod with the TESCS, without CM, and then re-saving. It will basically remove any scripts/dependencies from masters that can't be found.

Of course, you may have some problems using this method. I haven't run into any yet, but still.

(Also use the same method to get rid of the High Heels dependencies).

Facepalm

Thanks, Dusk. That worked perfectly - at least so far on the partners I wanted to keep. Now I have partners with better schedules and no dependencies - and after I get them all converted I'm going to try to make them lovers aware.

I knew I was overthinking the problem.

Guest ThatOne

The easiest method I know of is making one single esm file with all the custom added npcs.

It saves esp places, much like merging clothing mods.

It's really simple, whenever you find an npc you like open it with the main esm as the active file.

Duplicate the race of the npc, all hairs\eyes you want, and of course the character itself and save.

Load up the CS again, if you did it right your main esm shouldn't have any dependencies.

If you did it wrong, you can always remove the dependency with Wrye.

Change the race of the character to your duplicated one (advise to change the race ID first), correct the hair\eyes and place the NPC into your game world.

You can add dialog - it's pretty easy to do, if you have a mic (you just need it plugged in or the CS crashes).

That One - I planned on putting as many companions into a single esp as possible after I get them all scheduled to my liking.

I wasn't sure how to do it though, so thanks for the instructions!

Update March 19, 2012: After all this, I've decided its just easier to create my own no-dependancy companions from scratch and put them into the game. I couldn't believe how messed up some of these CMPartner esps were. Thanks to everyone who provided help!

Archived