Any mods for roleplaying vampire hunter? Worldspace has very few vampires

NNS10

Without playing the Dawnguard quests, it seems pretty hard to roleplay a vampire hunter. It seems rather hard to find vampires to kill.

The only hideouts that come to mind outside of Dawnguard are the ones in Morthal and Falkreath, both of which are linked to quests anyway.

Are there any mods to make vampires more common? Otherwise playing as a vampire hunter seems to mostly be a game of blindly searching caves and hoping to run into vampires.

While that is certainly helpful, it's still kind of similar to randomly searching caves--instead it's randomly walking around hoping to run into vampire spawns.

How do people roleplay vampire hunters in this game? (without doing the DG questline)

Guest Vendayn

He probably wants to actually find vampires out in the world. Without doing Dawnguard quests.

And he actually has a point...there isn't really much in the way of vampires out in the world except if a mod adds them by a random chance. An occasional cave, but that is it.

He probably wants to actually find vampires out in the world. Without doing Dawnguard quests.

Correct. I have all DLC but I don't want to run through the big quest lines again. I do sandbox playthroughs now.

Well I would suggest my mod which has a huge dungeon filled with vampires and several quests to hunt them, but it would require the dlc

Link?

Nevermind, Google found it for me: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57023/?

Might be useful to toss into my game just to have another area with vampires.

It says it's a huge dungeon mod, but how huge is huge? And do you need to be part of the Dark Brotherhood (description says DB gives quests?).

Correct. I have all DLC but I don't want to run through the big quest lines again. I do sandbox playthroughs now.

Well I would suggest my mod which has a huge dungeon filled with vampires and several quests to hunt them, but it would require the dlc

Link?

Nevermind, Google found it for me: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57023/?

Might be useful to toss into my game just to have another area with vampires.

It says it's a huge dungeon mod, but how huge is huge? And do you need to be part of the Dark Brotherhood (description says DB gives quests?).

It's pretty big, over 100 cells all in all

You don't have to be part of the brotherhood, it's just a guy from the db who gives you quests and stuff, there's also a dawnguard involved.

you don't even have to do the quests if you just want to explore the dungeon

I mean, not that it really helps much, but in my game I can't STOP finding vampires. It's actually annoying. Every time I walk into a town there is a group of vampires waiting for me - usually pretty tough too, most of the time I have to tag them a couple times with my bow and then run and hide like a coward while the guards take care of them. Not sure what I did to make it so frequent, I think it's a combination of being part-way through Dawnguard, the high level of my character, and SkyRe.

I do hope the other modders here can help you out though ^^

In addition to the mod that ambria linked, I found Dreadmyst Hollow, A Drained Blood Line and Castlevania Abandoned Castle. I haven't tried any of them myself and cannot speak to their quality but they be worth a try. Also, knowing where to look for existing vampires in Skyrim may be helpful to you. I also recommend the True Death mod to make fighting vampires more interesting.

The UESP link was good, thanks.

Your mod looks interesting, though I'm concerned it may turn my playthrough into a dungeon crawler instead of a sandbox. Might give it a try once I exhaust the vanilla content.

Guest Vendayn

A lot of good mods listed here (I didn't get a Drained Blood Line or castlevania, which your link in blood line goes back to Dreadmyst btw)

If you get drained blood line, it includes some bugs judging by comments. Something about bard's college being broken, which for me makes mod too dangerous to use

Castlevania one, again judging by comments...it will just end and no way to get out. You'd have to reload an early save, or your screwed. It was never finished and its just a demo.

The one by ambria looks epic, and true death looks amazing too for realistic vampire hunting. I like the look of dreadmyst hollow too (even if it sounds a bit short).

(edit: Maybe there is a compatibility issue somewhere. But...

Be careful using True Death. It made my save (new save) go to 49 MB. It was also corrupting them (obviously at that high of a save file size). And when I spawned vampires, it hardlocked my PC for some reason one time and the other two tests just hardcrashed the game (had a hard time getting back to desktop). It was also causing Riverwood to lock up (but not sure if that is a compatibility issue with one of my other riverwood mods).

I removed true death, cleaned save, it went down to 28 mb. I load save, wait a bunch of days...save goes down to 9mb and its back to normal. I spawned vampires, and no crashes or anything and no crashes in riverwood. And only mod I removed was True Death)

Archived