Help with this Body/Face Issue!

Anderill

Open the mod in CK.

Go in Actors, select the NPC (Mr'issi, not sure about the name inside the CK (the ID)).

Select it, click Ctrl+F4, say yes.

(no need to save the mod...)

The face of the NPC will match the color now.

Open the mod in CK.

Go in Actors, select the NPC (Mr'issi, not sure about the name inside the CK (the ID)).

Select it, click Ctrl+F4, say yes.

(no need to save the mod...)

The face of the NPC will match the color now.

Hmm. Nope. That didn't do it, same as it was... I don't know if I have to change the face tint...

Ok, if also in the CK the preview is not good, then you have to fix the tints/textures in CK to solve the problem.

You can do it with a real-time preview in CK, but warning very often it crashes. So save often.

Here is the preview looks like. I have no clue why it looks so weird,  The tint is set all the way to white, but the face is still dark.

The interpolation value is set to 0.

So your color is NOT used.

Move the slider to 50% and check the color of the face (it is rel time), then pick the best color (white is usually not good) and a good interpolation value.

'FACEGEN: No morphs found in the TRI file.Please do not use empty TRI files' is one of the errors I get when loading her. Is that anything?

Anyway, interpolation set at 1, an off white color used, Ctrl + f4, saved it and nothing changes. Also, I have no idea how to check the interpolation for the body.

If you have exported the facegen data, I think that it overwrightes any cahnges you do in the CK. It looks like the textures are not correct. make sure the heads nifs point to the correct textures, and check the texture sets of both the head and the body in the CK to make sure they are correct. You might have missed a .msn, .sk or similar textures. 

If you have exported the facegen data, I think that it overwrightes any cahnges you do in the CK. It looks like the textures are not correct. make sure the heads nifs point to the correct textures, and check the texture sets of both the head and the body in the CK to make sure they are correct. You might have missed a .msn, .sk or similar textures. 

I don't think I did. I have no idea how to heck the textures in the CK,  do I need to unpack the BSA?

To check the textures you need NifSkope.

Open the .nif for the race (if it is custom), and check all "BSShaderTextureSet" nodes.

Inside you have the full path for the textures used. Make sure they are available in the CORRECT path.

Then open CK and then do the Ctrl+F$. This will "export facegen data".

About the missing TRI file. This is vary common for custom hair (or special face parts.)

To fix it: open the Hair and the HairLine used by the NPC. You will see a TRI file path. Edit it and browse a NON EXISTING file.

This will make the tri file empty and everything will work fine in 99.9999% of cases.

To check the textures you need NifSkope.

Open the .nif for the race (if it is custom), and check all "BSShaderTextureSet" nodes.

Inside you have the full path for the textures used. Make sure they are available in the CORRECT path.

Then open CK and then do the Ctrl+F$. This will "export facegen data".

About the missing TRI file. This is vary common for custom hair (or special face parts.)

To fix it: open the Hair and the HairLine used by the NPC. You will see a TRI file path. Edit it and browse a NON EXISTING file.

This will make the tri file empty and everything will work fine in 99.9999% of cases.

Oooh Boy.... There are many .nifs... which one?

Sorry, this is the first time ever using .nifs

Is there a way just to delete any changes I made to her? I tried re-installing, which I was sure would help but it didn't/.

Archived