Was scriptdragon considered before work began on Sexlab?

mewwwkittytt

Was scriptdragon considered before work began on Sexlab?

I'm just wondering, but it appears that because of the size of the project if it were implemented in C++ and loaded as a DLL into the game it would run better on our machines.

What was the reasoning to avoid scriptdragon?  No real benefit? Scriptdragon not around back then?

Could a heavy portion of the SL framework actually be ported to a DLL plugin and interact properly with the rest of it?

Well I've asked around a little elsewhere and apparently loading a custom DLL to call random game functions is a hackish solution that leads to hard to track bugs.

At least using Papyrus + SKSE as a sort of go-through to use game functions, it is a little safer.

I just realized I don't actually know what Papyrus script is compiled into..  It could handle pure computation a little better than I am guessing too.

If you were to read all of the posts regarding the Sexlab Framework you'd see that some functions have been moved to a SKSE Plugin, the SexlabUtil.psc file is all about the functions that have been moved to a plugin.

Specifically the idea is that all functions that are slow and called frequently which could be sped up by a compiled code version would be moved into the plugin.

Archived