DDS help. For a loading screen Mod

Boronboy

Greeting to everyone. I was hoping that this fine community could help me, I am currently trying to make a Loading Screen Mod for Oblivion basically, a different image and text for every loading screen, examples of which are in the spoilers.

post-528161-0-89864100-1428851129_thumb.jpgpost-528161-0-18972400-1428851142_thumb.jpg  

So my problem is I cant find any software that would let me make dds files en mass, I was wondering if anybody has seen something that would do this?. As I really don't want to have to do over 300 hundred of these one at a time.

Also as a second question if this all works looks fine and so on. Would I be allowed to upload the file to this site? I know I am being a tad paranoid but since these are just general images I dont have any copyright data for them.

Paint Shop Pro has a Batch conversion function and the one I use, and GIMP has a Batch Plug-in you can DL and setup, but I've never done so. 

The risk for posting images or a MOD that you don't have copyright info for is if the image owner finds it and request you pull it you'll have to rebuild your MOD. You should include a written disclaimer/distribution text along those lines; stating your willingness to remove said images.

I'd also defer to a Moderator to better address that question, that's just my initial input.

Greeting to everyone. I was hoping that this fine community could help me, I am currently trying to make a Loading Screen Mod for Oblivion basically, a different image and text for every loading screen, examples of which are in the spoilers.

So my problem is I cant find any software that would let me make dds files en mass, I was wondering if anybody has seen something that would do this?. As I really don't want to have to do over 300 hundred of these one at a time.

Also as a second question if this all works looks fine and so on. Would I be allowed to upload the file to this site? I know I am being a tad paranoid but since these are just general images I dont have any copyright data for them.

Greetings.

Thank you for asking...

Unfortunately the only one i know ( working " perfectly " with W7 operating system  32 or 64 bits )  is DDS Converter 2 but ... you need to use the XP virtual mode .

In other words or you still use Xp operating system in dual or multi-boot , or you need a W7 Pro or Ultimate Edition and you need to install this XP mode first.

This DDS Converter2 is one of the principal reason that i still need to keep XP on my computers ... that's true !

I used this tools to quickly generate my icon DDS files ... genious for that kind of usages.

If you find something else , please let us know .

Unfortunately tha author never update this tools to work with sometinhg else than XP oerating system ... but i'm quiet sure there are enough talentuous scripters that could update trhis tools ... but not me , or not yet ,  unfortunately .

Chers.

PS : don't use the one from Nexus ... take it at the author site :  i'll check my computer to find the right link .

At this moment i only found these informations from the  " readme "

... and a copy/past from the link in this readme :

As concerns the program itself, it can be downloaded from the following places:

|- http://doom3.filefront.com/file/;29052

|- http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/;29412    ... this link works , not the first.

is DDS Converter 2 but ... you need to use the XP virtual mode

Sadly I tried this and it didnt work on my system oh well. I would look into it more if I had time but exams and so on, The gimp program I have used in the past and I always found the results a bit squiffy I think is the best answer I can give.  Looks like I am stuck using the Easy2convert program at the moment. Will try again after my exams next month.

Archived