Textures: help needed

dauf

Hello, i follow you since a long time but never posted because of my poor english. But now i really need help.

Yesterday i formated my computer and had to reinstall oblivion and his mods. Looked like to move a mountain. For FCOM it took me 1 hour to make it work correctly, for the so complicated XLovers it took me 5 minutes thx to the work made in this forum. I even managed to install MBP without difficulties. Then i just had to pick a body replacer. i choosed DMRA because it seemed easy, we can found the body and its armors here. I launched the game and "oh the textures don't match". I nearly lost the entire day without results .... Textures of head and body don't fit, or the textures is weirdly stretched or not all races are corrects.

Sounds crazy to be blocked by such little thing.

Can someone help me with this ?

weirdly streched as in all over your game? sounds like wrong skeleton' date=' go on texnexus and get deadly reflex or corrneas maximum compatability skeleton and stick that on, see what happens

[/quote']

No, not a skeleton problem, only textures, i mean stretched like the body got the texture of the leg or something like that because the texture is not the good one for the body, but i don't find the good one. The textures i found which fit well, are those from the mod HGECBody_v1dot21 (i don't find the link on TES anymore) but there is still a problem with the head.

For example an oiled body with a dark head. It's really ugly for "colored" races dark elves, orcs, khajit, argonians.

Is it normal or is it a bug with mbp ? What should i install first ? what should overwrite what ? Or an other pack with the head ? I don't find a solution.

Although i am far to be a pro, I am able to use BOSS and wrye bash for the load order and to avoid big conflicts. But this is really too hard for me to handle this.

Could tell us what's the race of your characters, and which big races  mod you use?

For the oiled effect it's the _n.dds that is responsible, find the one of your head texture and add some light on the alpha channel until it's close to the one of your body_n.dds.

(I know it might sound like chinese said like that :§ sry ^^' )

Could tell us what's the race of your characters' date=' and which big races  mod you use?

For the oiled effect it's the _n.dds that is responsible, find the one of your head texture and add some light on the alpha channel until it's close to the one of your body_n.dds.

(I know it might sound like chinese said like that :§ sry ^^' )

[/quote']

1) Thx for answering.

2) I don't have anything else than what i said : FCOM, XLovers with usual plugins, MBP (the 3 in 1 package i found on the dedicated topic) and DMRA (body and stock armors).

3) I understood what you asked me to do, although i don't really know how to do it, but i am not looking for fixing the main character. I used DMRA as a body replacer for all girls, personnaly i don't intend to play a girl. I prefer to be in the good side of the cock ! ^^

It's not necessary a problem of compatiblity, maybe i just don't know how to do it. With files coming from everywhere, it's not really obvious. How do you properly install this ? What do you use ?

Oblivion.esm

Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esm

Francesco's Optional New Items Add-On.esm

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm

Mart's Monster Mod.esm

FCOM_Convergence.esm

Lovers with PK.esm

LoversCreature.esm

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm

x117race.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

Francesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Bosses.esp

Francesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Enemies.esp

Francesco's Optional Chance of More Enemies.esp

Francesco's Optional Leveled Guards.esp

FCOM_FrancescosNamedBosses.esp

Living Economy.esp

Living Economy - Items.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

homura outfit HGEC.esp

DMRA Stock Armor Skimpy.esp

DMRA  Skimpy Armor Expanded.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp

Bob's Armory Oblivion.esp

FCOM_BobsArmory.esp

Oblivion WarCry.esp

Oblivion WarCry EV.esp

FCOM_WarCry.esp

FCOM_RealSwords.esp

OOO-WaterFish.esp

DMwardropemerged.esp

Guardians of the Nine - Akatosh Chantry.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp

Knights.esp

Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp

Harvest [Flora].esp

Colourwheels Sexy Imperial Legion.esp

DMRA Replacer OOO Collection.esp

DMwardropemergednoenchant.esp

Edhildils Seductive Poison Armors.esp

DMRAdarklightmithrilarmor.esp

Edhildils Distraction Armors.esp

remake.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp

Real_Mannequin.esp

Flame Atronach Armor.esp

LoversAphrodisia.esp

LoversAphrodisiaHUD.esp

LoversBackup2.esp

LoversClubCats.esp

LoversFSE.esp

LoversAdultPlayPlus.esp

LoversTachiCat2.esp

LoversRaperS.esp

LoversJoburg.esp

LoversBed.esp

LoversPayBandit.esp

LoversHelpRapeVPlayer.esp

LoversStopCombatEx.esp

LoversSpermSplashEx.esp

LoversEscapeRapeVPlayer.esp

LoversTrueCrimeEx.esp

LoversRapeSlave.esp

LoversPower.esp

LoversSlavePlay.esp

LoversStupidNpc.esp

LoversLight.esp

LoversHideMenus.esp

zzEstrus.esp

Lovers with PK.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

LoversMB2.esp

LoversCreature.esp

LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

• 4 months later...

Could someone please assist? I have the exact same problem as the topic starter.

The textures of the head do not match the textures of the body!

In fact, the body textures are practically ruined: they seem smudged, unfocused, both in terms of resolution and color contrast. Even the head textures seem affected, as if they've lost proper shading. Basically, this affects the textures of every character in the game - both modded and vanilla races!

This error occured after I installed the No ma'am animation pack. This could be due to the fact that this new mod conflicted with one that i already have installed (stylish animations). Yet, even after i deleted the new mod files, the problem remained.

I tried re-installing all the relevant skeleton mods, sorting the load order, and deleting all the custom animations, but to no avail.

I would really appreciate some help as I'd really hate to have to reinstall the whole game along with the mods.

I was running HGCE body mod, altho i was also using the Body replacer too. There was also XEO, xeo races, MBP++, Deadly reflext 5, stylish animations. Rest was more or less standard mods. I could list them but I doubt it would do any good.

The weirdest thing is, as I already mentioned, I've restored the data folder to the state it was prior to the said bug, deleting all the no ma'am files, yet this did not help in any way.

Its also interesting how, as I ran Oblivion when this bug first occured, all my graphical settings were reduced to default. I've tweaked them back altho I still feel like smtns off with the lightning..

Think back to something you installed prior to nomaam because animations don't effect graphical settings nor the weather.

As to the other try reinstalling your skeleton. I personally use growlf's "universal skeleton". I don't think this is really it however because looking at nomaam's file structure all he includes are animations (kf files) which can't effect textures. So I strongly think something else is causing this!

For what it is worth post your load order from OBMM - to do this open OBMM and select import\export and then view load order. Copy and paste it here.

EDIT: one other thing you can do is rename your oblivion.ini to "oblivion.inidisabled" (it is NOT the one in your oblivion.exe directory but the one where your save game folder is (usually my documents\my games\oblivion. This will force the game to create a new one and may help.

I was running HGCE body mod' date=' altho i was also using the Body replacer too. There was also XEO, xeo races, MBP++, Deadly reflext 5, stylish animations. Rest was more or less standard mods. I could list them but I doubt it would do any good.

The weirdest thing is, as I already mentioned, I've restored the data folder to the state it was prior to the said bug, deleting all the no ma'am files, yet this did not help in any way.

Its also interesting how, as I ran Oblivion when this bug first occured, all my graphical settings were reduced to default. I've tweaked them back altho I still feel like smtns off with the lightning..

[/quote']

Although this cannot cause reduction of graphical settings, but weird texture problems: what are you using for ArchiveInvalidation?

Oh god, thank you gregathit!

The problem was indeed within the oblivion.ini file. For some reason, the "bFaceGenTexturing" entry was reset to default =1 value, instead of =0.

Now that I've tweaked it back to 0 all the char textures are fine again. I suppose all my char textures rely on this setting because I'm using those HGEC skin packs. Having my oblivion.ini purged would explain why these and all other video settings were reset, but I still cant understand why it happened, altho I'm positive it occured after installing that animation pack.

Either way, I've been putting up with this for over a week, and I don't know how long it would take me to remember checking the .ini file on my own, so thanks again!

Archived