Half played special idle

zarbar

Need help with a strange issue. Just created a new static animation for Oblivion. Simple pose. If i set in Track Notes the string "start -name Idle -loop -at y" NifSkope and Oblivion displays all the stuff perfectly. But if the string is "start -name SpecialIdle_CastSelf -loop -at y" the pose becomes weird. Looks like all rotation angles are reduced in half. Some bones does not change their positions at all. I've heard about "proper timing", but i cant remember what it was about. Seems like Oblivion has some specific conditions for special idle. Maybe someone faced this problem before?

Are you wanting the animation to repeat over and over until you tell it otherwise?  If so, then you just need to change the cycle type to "cycle_loop".  You are probably set on "cycle_clamp" which just plays once.

Actually it's cycle_loop. I have read a lot a of manuals and there was a mention about this detail. My problem is different. Nifskope plays both "simple idle" and "special idle" animation just fine. But Oblivion itself isn't able to display "special idle" exported from Max. When i was looking about Track Notes, i have found some topic about proper animaion delays for both Max and TES CS. But i cant find it again.

Also. I'm not sure, but this digit looks suspicious.

post-84101-0-76230600-1428229647_thumb.jpg

It isn't a real good idea to make Oblivion animations in 3dsMax.  There are all sorts of issues with doing this.  The import\export scripts are suspect, as well as the orientation and the list goes on.  It is far wiser to use blender for animations.

As to what the issue may be....can't really tell without seeing the animation.  Post it and I'll take a quick look.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Topic may be closed.

An issue comes from equal animation priorities for basic idle and special idle. Both animations are playing simultaneously. This means you need to set completely different priorities for each bone or Oblivion will be not able to decide what animation to display. Nifskope doesn't feel such a difference because there you can apply only one animation at the same time.

Archived