3rd-Person with BBB?

Irawrlouder

Could it be possible for someone to create a skeleton (preferably based on Corronera's compatibility skeleton) that supports BBB as well as an over-the-shoulder 3rd person camera angle?

This particularly catches my eye:

http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=29942

I've used this in the past and its rather nice, but I don't recall any BBB support.

I don't think its compatible with BBB, but if it is, can you tell me if there is anything extra I need to do to make BBB work on this? Or if not, is there is an easy way to make a compatible skeleton?

Any help is appreciated!

Lol, well I have BBB installed and working right now, I just wanted to have a better camera AND BBB, hopefully its not too much to ask for :P.

It seems most good camera mods change the skeleton, so that's why I was hopin' to find a compatible skeleton that works with both. I don't know what it takes to make a BBB-friendly skeleton or a good-camera skeleton, so its hard for me to make suggestions on how the two can be combined.

Thinking out loud here:

If you really want this you might try going ahead and installing it. The NPC's and even your toon use the skeleton from the oblivion\data\meshes\characters\male\ folder for the bouncing action. To my knowledge the bouncing doesn't happen in 1st person so you might get away with it. Not sure if it would work with lovers with pk. I would make a backup prior to installing it of your data folder just in case things go south! :)

I tried to merge the skeletons from growlf's and the ultimate camera - it didn't seem to do anything, so there must be more to it than that and I am not willing to ginny pig my game at the moment enough to install the OMOD file as it replaces more than just your skeleton.

Your call....do you feel lucky :)

What the over-the-shoulder camera mod does is basically provide a skeleton that is placed off center, hence moving your entire character to the side. I would guess that will create a lot of weirdness with animation mods that require the character to be placed at a specific position. It shouldn't be too difficult to create a BBB version from a compatible skeleton for someone who knows that stuff I guess, if you have no problem with tweaking the positions of all animations.

What the over-the-shoulder camera mod does is basically provide a skeleton that is placed off center' date=' hence moving your entire character to the side. I would guess that will create a lot of weirdness with animation mods that require the character to be placed at a specific position. It shouldn't be too difficult to create a BBB version from a compatible skeleton for someone who knows that stuff I guess, if you have no problem with tweaking the positions of all animations.

[/quote']

I took a peak at the skeleton used in the camera mod the OP linked to.....it isn't there. :(

Not even a stick figure. It is just an over the shoulder bone hanging in the air. I didn't look at the esp but I imagine what it does is force the use of the 3rd person skeleton to be used. Which in theory might be compatible with BBB without doing any work. I may have time this weekend to take a trial run at it.

Lovers compatibility may be a whole different thing.........

You're right. What I wrote would actually be true for another camera mod I'd seen. (should REALLY check out the supplied links before posting :blush:) If this one really keeps the original 3rd person mode intact then there shouldn't be any compatibility issues when using this mode and not the over-the-shoulder mode for animation stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived