Alpha 3 has been uploaded, and will hopefully fix the discolored face issue.

Note that the growing BSA file size is due to it containing high res textures. Once I'm sure I have all the correct textures I'll throw them through the optimizer to reduce their size a bit.

Note that the growing BSA file size is due to it containing high res textures. Once I'm sure I have all the correct textures I'll throw them through the optimizer to reduce their size a bit.

Sorry I didn't get to test out the version you posted through the night as I had to work today :P

But the latest version has fixed the face discoloration for me now :)

Sorry I didn't get to test out the version you posted through the night as I had to work today :P

But the latest version has fixed the face discoloration for me now :)

Good to know, thanks for the confirmation!

Alpha release 4 is up!

Today's changes:

1. Switched to using the user's own installed skeleton. This means that you will need to have an XPMS or similar skeleton with BBP support installed to run this mod, but I suspect that won't be a problem for 99% of the people. I did this to make sure the race will work with more different setups without causing conflicts or weird side effects. The only real consequence is that the head scale is not set to 1.1 automatically. So to achieve the same look you had before, you will need to set the "Head" slider on RaceMenu's "Body Scales" page to 1.1.

2. Loslessly optimized the textures, reducing the BSA size by about 70%

Alpha release 4 is up!

Today's changes:

1. Switched to using the user's own installed skeleton. This means that you will need to have an XPMS or similar skeleton with BBP support installed to run this mod, but I suspect that won't be a problem for 99% of the people. I did this to make sure the race will work with more different setups without causing conflicts or weird side effects. The only real consequence is that the head scale is not set to 1.1 automatically. So to achieve the same look you had before, you will need to set the "Head" slider on RaceMenu's "Body Scales" page to 1.1.

2. Loslessly optimized the textures, reducing the BSA size by about 70%

Hate to sound needy but...

Any chance of getting an optional version to use the user's default bodies also?

Hate to sound needy but...

Any chance of getting an optional version to use the user's default bodies also?

I may add the option in the final version but it's not a priority. The race is supposed to have a certain look and in terms of clothing it doesn't matter since they don't wear any. It is more likely that I will choose to go for offering several 7base body variants so people can choose between BBP/TBBP/no bounce. Using the default body is not something that needs to be tested so you won't find it in the Alpha releases. If you really can't wait just open the BSA file and see to which folders you need to copy the body meshes, it really isn't rocket science ;)

replaced the texture and mesh folders with the most current cbbe body and all is fixed.   Breasts and butt now bounce as intended and no color mismatch even on loading saves.   Everything else is as you had done as far as height (adjusted to 1.05) and headsize (adjusted to 1.1).   at these settings you sit in chairs properly and are closer to alignment during sex scenes.   The only thing I was unable to put back on the body is the Athletic look.   I have the mod installed but when I copy it into the folder it doesnt take, will keep working on that.   CJ if you need help with this send me a PM and I will walk you through how to do it, its not too hard and takes about 10 minutes if you need to download some files.

post-373791-0-90922300-1425459353_thumb.jpg

replaced the texture and mesh folders with the most current cbbe body and all is fixed.   Breasts and butt now bounce as intended and no color mismatch even on loading saves.   Everything else is as you had done as far as height (adjusted to 1.05) and headsize (adjusted to 1.1).   at these settings you sit in chairs properly and are closer to alignment during sex scenes.   The only thing I was unable to put back on the body is the Athletic look.   I have the mod installed but when I copy it into the folder it doesnt take, will keep working on that.   CJ if you need help with this send me a PM and I will walk you through how to do it, its not too hard and takes about 10 minutes if you need to download some files.

attachicon.gifVix_new.jpg

Make sure you name the files exactly the same as the ones in the BSA file. The file from your Athletic mod may be called femalebody_msn.dds instead of femalebody_1_msn.dds. In that case just rename the copy of your file to have the same name as the one in the BSA.

• 2 weeks later...

A heads-up to the loyal followers: I finally had the chance to put in some play-time and level an Earthmer to 30+, which gave me the chance to better judge the evasion balance through the levels. I felt that the fact that the evasion chances were static was both (a little) unmotivating as well as unbalancing, as it made the lower levels too easy, and the higher levels rather hard (compared to an armor-toting character). I am currently testing a new build that uses increasing levels of evasion, based on your close-combat skills (One Handed, Two Handed and Block). I expect to release this in the coming days.

The new evasion chances, instead of being a static 25%, 33% and 50% will be calculated according to the following formula:

. base_evasion_chance = 15% aggressive, 20% neutral, 30% defensive

. current_evasion_chance = base_evasion_chance * (100 + OneHanded + TwoHanded + Block) / 150

These chances will not be affected by skill buffs or debuffs.

Some example numbers to show what this means:

1. when you start, you'll have 25 One Handed, 20 Two Handed and 15 Block, giving you evasion chances 16%, 21%, 32%

2. if you would choose to dual wield One Handed weapons (and thus never trained Block or Two Handed), the maximum evasion chances when One Handed is trained to 100 would be 24%, 32%, 49%. Actual values would be slightly higher since you would get a few levels in Block and Two Handed due to books and quest rewards, so you would max out at roughly the same levels of evasion as the current static ones.

3. If you trained Block in addition to either One Handed or Two Handed, you would max out at evasion chances of roughly 32%, 42%, 64%. Again, actual values would be slightly higher due to books and quest skill rewards.

4. The maximum evasion chances you can reach by training all 3 close combat skills to 100 would be 40%, 53%, 80%.

This scales quite similar to the damage reduction that can be achieved using regular armor. The maximum protection armor can give is 80% (at a displayed armor value of 567), the same as the maximum reachable evasion chance in defensive stance. The 21% starting chance in neutral stance is equal to a display armor value of 75. The 32% chance in neutral stance when training only One Handed is equal to having a displayed armor value of 167. The 42% in neutral stance when training Block and one weapon skill is equal to a displayed armor rating of 250. To do the match yourself: X% evasion equals the protection offered by a displayed armor rating of: X / 0.12 - 100.

Upgrading to this new version will be possible, so you can keep playing your existing Earthmer characters and they will adopt the new evasion chances seamlessly. Stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...

I have uploaded Alpha Release 5. This will most likely be the last Alpha release, I don't expect to be making any more changes to the combat mechanics. From this point on I will primarily concern myself with adding Earthmer specific lore items, NPCs and quests.

The previous post in this thread details the changes in evasion mechanics, the main post is also updated to reflect these changes.

If you are upgrading from a previous release, make sure you are in a safe location as it may take a minute for the upgrade to finish once you log back in. You will see a number of messages in the left top corner of the screen, please wait patiently until these stop. If you have installed a body type of your own to be used for the Earthmer race, this should still work correctly after the upgrade, so you won't have to redo that.

Note that the calculation of your evasion chances happens whenever you sheathe your weapon. Every time your One Handed, Two Handed or Block skills have increased, you will get a message in the left top corner of the screen to let you know what your new evasion percentages are. You can also see these percentages on the Status page in the MCM menu.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently trying release 5 with Dibellan sigils and armour; it seems an interesting challenge! I'm using Deadly Creatures and Dragons to try & provide a more graduated development in levelling.

Also experimenting with PSQ Succubus as well on the same character - despite an apparent lack of magicka!

So far, so fun.

I am currently trying release 5 with Dibellan sigils and armour; it seems an interesting challenge! I'm using Deadly Creatures and Dragons to try & provide a more graduated development in levelling.

Also experimenting with PSQ Succubus as well on the same character - despite an apparent lack of magicka!

So far, so fun.

You can actually use magic just fine, there are no penalties to magic use itself, only to the magicka recharge rate and the fact that you start with just 50 magicka (but increasing it certainly pays off through the increased HOT as well). As long as you stock up on magicka potions you should be OK using some support spells at lower levels, and of course if you level your enchanting you can get -100% magicka cost for destruction and just blast away without it ever costing any magicka :) You do still need to level your weapon skills to get your evasion chances up of course, but a magic using Earthmer is actually quite fun to play once you get to the higher levels. You can just run into a group of Draugr in defensive stance and spam Firestorm while they try to hit you, it doesn't get much more spectacular than that :D

Also, items that increase your magicka pool (like the circlet from the Winterhold College quest) can be very powerful at lower levels, as they allow you to use the better Earth-Mother's Kiss without spending levels on magicka pool. Elsewyr Fondue has become my staple food source!

• 1 month later...

Any progress being made on a further release?

Is there any point in having degrees of penalty for wearing some armour/clothes, rather than a heavy blanket penalty for any armour at all? 

Work is keeping me extremely busy atm, and that will continue throughout all of June, so I don't expect to get around to adding any content in the near future. Note that the mod is essentially technically complete, the only thing I would add would be lore related stuff just to add some colour to the race. For the time being, feel free to make that all up yourself ;)

As for degrees, be careful what you wish for hehe. My answer would be: it's possible and I could consider it, however this would not mean that the penalty for wearing one piece of armor would be 1/4th of the current penalty, but instead it would mean that the penalty for wearing 4 pieces of armor would be 4 times as high as the current one. I might do that anyway in fact, the current penalty is way too low for the end game as it can easily be overcome with enchantments.

From the game-mechanics point of view, the whole point of not allowing clothes has nothing to do with nudity, but is intended to prevent you from having an armor rating and from using enchantments in those slots. The nudity is just the lore explanation I made up for it. If I would allow partial clothing, I would make the penalty high enough to offset end-game enchantments, so for example you could expect a -50% damage penalty for arms, -50% carry capacity for legs, etc, that sort of magnitude. So it would not be pretty and is probably not what you were thinking of.

In short, if you are currently using some workaround to use enchantments in the armor slots anyway, you are 'cheating' yourself just as much as if you added the Nord 50% cold resistance perk to your Dunmer. IMO the race does not need it at all, it is plenty powerful enough when played right.

• 3 months later...

Definitely a bug:

All previous save games prior to the Earthmer installed, is receiving the jump/fall additions for this race.  I also saw the percentages show up on load as well, telling me the 3 stats I normally see on Earthmer.  Seems the Race's quest is adding these stats to all loads.  If I disable the mod, I can load my previous saves and their jump/falls are unaffected.

Also, the nipple and aerola are reddish and when you're not choosing a reddish skin tone, they look painful.  Other than that, the design is perfect.

The issue with the non-Earthmer makes playing anything else, hard as the quest seems to auto-add the extras without checking on the race.

GuruSR.

Definitely a bug:

All previous save games prior to the Earthmer installed, is receiving the jump/fall additions for this race.  I also saw the percentages show up on load as well, telling me the 3 stats I normally see on Earthmer.  Seems the Race's quest is adding these stats to all loads.  If I disable the mod, I can load my previous saves and their jump/falls are unaffected.

Also, the nipple and aerola are reddish and when you're not choosing a reddish skin tone, they look painful.  Other than that, the design is perfect.

The issue with the non-Earthmer makes playing anything else, hard as the quest seems to auto-add the extras without checking on the race.

GuruSR.

Definitely not a bug:

1. The Earthmer race mod does not change anything about jumping or falling. Not for the Earthmer race, not for anything else.

2. The message about defence chances you get at the start of the game is an initialization message. It has no effect whatsoever unless you actually play an Earthmer character. If you do not play an Earthmer, it will affect nothing at all, because you won't have the perks/magic effects that use these values.

Edit: the skin used is the standard fair skin complexion.

Definitely a bug:

GuruSR.

Definitely not a bug:

1. The Earthmer race mod does not change anything about jumping or falling. Not for the Earthmer race, not for anything else.

2. The message about defence chances you get at the start of the game is an initialization message. It has no effect whatsoever unless you actually play an Earthmer character. If you do not play an Earthmer, it will affect nothing at all, because you won't have the perks/magic effects that use these values.

Edit: the skin used is the standard fair skin complexion.

Edits:

I found the race (NekoRace V3) which was causing the speed increase and such that the race includes, seeing it on other races now as well.  Any way to have your race Quest doing the SetEvasionChances, shut down if the race isn't Earthmer, just to avoid excess quests running?

Also, any thoughts on a better skin to avoid the red?

Again, sorry about the confusion, now to tell the NekoRace thread about this issue if it's not there already.

GuruSR.

It already does that, when you do not choose the Earthmer race, nothing related to the race will run while you are playing. You can check this by looking at the MCM menu, if it says you are not Earthmer everything works correctly. The message is simply an initialization of a global variable (which is done by the MCM script, no other scripts will run).

Any UNP/7B compatible skin will work, look at the folder structure in the BSA to see where to put them, it's quite easy to replace with your own skin textures. Note that the pale skin complexion is a quite muted skin so if you're seeing overly red nipples it is likely you have your colour ENB saturation set way overboard. I suspect with another skin it would be even worse since pale skin complexion is one of the least saturated skins of the lot.

• 2 weeks later...

It already does that, when you do not choose the Earthmer race, nothing related to the race will run while you are playing. You can check this by looking at the MCM menu, if it says you are not Earthmer everything works correctly. The message is simply an initialization of a global variable (which is done by the MCM script, no other scripts will run).

Any UNP/7B compatible skin will work, look at the folder structure in the BSA to see where to put them, it's quite easy to replace with your own skin textures. Note that the pale skin complexion is a quite muted skin so if you're seeing overly red nipples it is likely you have your colour ENB saturation set way overboard. I suspect with another skin it would be even worse since pale skin complexion is one of the least saturated skins of the lot.

I was looking through the MCM menus today, tried the Unicorn race (on here, which I have to find the missing textures due to a broken archive), was going through the MCM menus and saw Earthmer, and as I clicked on it, it said basically "Not using the Earthmer race, go away."  Nice to see people actually watching for their mod's extras and only offering them accordingly.

As for the skin, I don't have any ENB going on, actually never found one I liked, so it's all still "stock color".  It's not overly "red", but when you *tan* the skintone enough, they seem to stay red, hence why I said they looked diseased/painful.  I'd like to avoid any issues with making the skintone of the body not match, why I was asking if you knew of any specific ones that wouldn't cause a head/body color mismatch.

GuruSR.

I was looking through the MCM menus today, tried the Unicorn race (on here, which I have to find the missing textures due to a broken archive), was going through the MCM menus and saw Earthmer, and as I clicked on it, it said basically "Not using the Earthmer race, go away."  Nice to see people actually watching for their mod's extras and only offering them accordingly.

As for the skin, I don't have any ENB going on, actually never found one I liked, so it's all still "stock color".  It's not overly "red", but when you *tan* the skintone enough, they seem to stay red, hence why I said they looked diseased/painful.  I'd like to avoid any issues with making the skintone of the body not match, why I was asking if you knew of any specific ones that wouldn't cause a head/body color mismatch.

GuruSR.

I can't say I recognize the problem, however I do use an ENB, so perhaps that explains the difference. If you want to replace the skin, it doesn't really matter which replacement you choose (provided it's an UNP skin, not CBBE) but you have to make sure you always use the body, hands and head skin of the same skin mod. If you only use the body texture of another skin mod, it will definitely cause a mismatch between hands/head and body.

You can check the nexus for the Fair Skin Complexion skins, they might actually have some different variants available, perhaps there's one with less prominent nipples. Or use any other UNP compatible skin you like and make sure you use all the textures, not just the body one.

I can't say I recognize the problem, however I do use an ENB, so perhaps that explains the difference. If you want to replace the skin, it doesn't really matter which replacement you choose (provided it's an UNP skin, not CBBE) but you have to make sure you always use the body, hands and head skin of the same skin mod. If you only use the body texture of another skin mod, it will definitely cause a mismatch between hands/head and body.

You can check the nexus for the Fair Skin Complexion skins, they might actually have some different variants available, perhaps there's one with less prominent nipples. Or use any other UNP compatible skin you like and make sure you use all the textures, not just the body one.

Okay, though I am assuming (since I don't model/do textures/animations, I just code), that any UNP/UNPB body will work?  I have a full head to toe set currently, which was why I was asking, otherwise I may pull it from somewhere else if needed.  I'm not too sure if the UNP bodies work 100% with UNPB or not, but your race's mesh is definitely UNP and not UNPB, correct?

GuruSR.

Okay, though I am assuming (since I don't model/do textures/animations, I just code), that any UNP/UNPB body will work?  I have a full head to toe set currently, which was why I was asking, otherwise I may pull it from somewhere else if needed.  I'm not too sure if the UNP bodies work 100% with UNPB or not, but your race's mesh is definitely UNP and not UNPB, correct?

GuruSR.

It's SeveNBase, which uses UNP textures.. All UNP type bodies are texture compatible, although how exactly each texture looks on each body varies a little, but that's more a matter of taste.

• 4 years later...

I don't mean to necro post, but I do like this concept that actually thought out the always-naked-race concept; it's well done! My only question is, do the no-clothing rules apply to jewelry as well? The screenshot would suggest no, and I'm mostly curious in regards to carry capacity; most 'brawn' items are standard clothing so being able to move those enchantments to necklaces or circlets would be useful.