Question/possible idea regarding digitigrade beast races, HDT Highheels

Serithi

Alright. First things first, i'll preface this with me saying i'm not 100% familiar with how HDT High Heels works, nor the exact issues behind getting digitigrade beast feet to work well (i know there's a couple mods that add in digitigrade feet, but they're unfortunately fairly odd-looking due to limitations). So this is more of a wild half-informed spitball for someone more knowledgeable about this stuff to correct me about.

Simply put, would it hypothetically be possible to use a High Heels-esque system to allow for proper-looking digitigrade feet meshes, rather than just weirdly stretching the feet a bit as it works now which doesn't really look right?

Not entirely sure how to word this better, so hopefully the idea got across.

The reason why people have the skewed stretched foot right now is the modders probably just altered the skeleton feet bones so they could get away with not having to re-do feet meshes and boots for every single piece of clothing etc...

A proper overhaul for digitrade feet on beast races is the most efficient way to do this which unfortunately means re-doing all the meshes. Using skeleton shortcuts is IMO a waste as it's not going to look as good anyway.

edit: To answer your question, no using skeleton dformations of existing meshes will NOT get you better looking or "proper" digitrade feet.

Archived