Dialogue kicking my butt - help?

chajapa

Just use:

SexLabFramework Property SexLab Auto

Form[] EquipedItems
EquipedItems = SexLab.StripActor(akSpeaker, DoAnimate = true)

[...]

SexLab.UnStripActor(akSpeaker, EquipedItems)

If you're stripping and redressing in different Topic Info scripts, you'll need to store the EquippedItems form somewhere else that can store the variable, most likely your Quest script.

Also, I'm not sure if the DoAnimate parameter will override the SexLab MCM settings. You'll have to test it yourself.

Hi,

I had problem using the SexLab stripping. If you do it on two fragments of your dialogue usually I do it this way:

Fragment 1 ; Stripping
Debug.SendAnimationEvent(PlayerRef, "Arrok_Undress_G1") ; Use G0 if the player is male, but does not really matter
myQuest.playerArmor = PlayerRef.getWornForm(32) ; Just the cuirass
Utility.wait(0.5) ; Small delay to strip while the animation is playing, you may want to increase this to 1 or 1.5 or 2, depending of your taste
PlayerRef.unequipItemSlot(32)

In your main quest script you should have a property like:

Armor Property playerArmor Auto

Fragment 2 ; Redressing
Debug.SendAnimationEvent(PlayerRef, "Arrok_Undress_G1") ; Same anim, it does not exist a "dress" animation
Utility.wait(0.5) ; Small delay for the animation, you may want to increase this to 1 or 1.5 or 2, depending of your taste
PlayerRef.equipItem(myQuest.playerArmor) ; Just the cuirass
If you want to strip also the boots and other items you have to do more or less the same with different body parts (http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Skyrim_bodyparts_number)

I think your problem is due to the part of the quote I outlined in red, though. If I understand correctly, you modified your CK so you can have the player use more than 80 characters in a line? I don't think Skyrim supports this at all, nor would I recommend using these types of hacks to circumvent CK restrictions.

#1 .... thank you, thank you, thank you... for your help. I really appreciate it. And I hope that nowhere in the discussion do I come across as defiant or disbelieving ... I just talk a lot and tend to.... "over explain" things :)

Not really a hack. :)  It's just a setting in the editor ini file. So I look at it more as a built-in adjustment.

That being said, it's very possible I'm hitting against the result of increasing it. It just works so well for a single topic... if all I have to do is remember to decrease the line length on topics that will be grouped with others to form a number of choices... that's not so bad.

I haven't really found any "official" documentation all of the ini settings. I am a reader though so I wish there was more information on it. 

Just use:

Form[] EquipedItems

[...]

If you're stripping and redressing in different Topic Info scripts, you'll need to store the EquippedItems form somewhere else that can store the variable, most likely your Quest script.

Also, I'm not sure if the DoAnimate parameter will override the SexLab MCM settings. You'll have to test it yourself.

So... if I put code in the "begin" script fragment and then put code in the "end" script fragment (of the same topic).... is that 2 separate scripts? I can't remember if I've done both before. 

Right now I don't have a "quest script" I don't think. I mean when I open the quest in CK, if I go to the tab for scripts, it's empty.

#1 .... thank you, thank you, thank you... for your help. I really appreciate it. And I hope that nowhere in the discussion do I come across as defiant or disbelieving ... I just talk a lot and tend to.... "over explain" things :)

Not really a hack. :)  It's just a setting in the editor ini file. So I look at it more as a built-in adjustment.

That being said, it's very possible I'm hitting against the result of increasing it. It just works so well for a single topic... if all I have to do is remember to decrease the line length on topics that will be grouped with others to form a number of choices... that's not so bad.

I haven't really found any "official" documentation all of the ini settings. I am a reader though so I wish there was more information on it. 

Even though it's just an .INI edit, keep in mind that the CK is used for more games than just Skyrim, and it might be the case that Skyrim's dialogue interface simply can't handle the size of text you're throwing at it.

Just use:

Form[] EquipedItems

[...]

So... if I put code in the "begin" script fragment and then put code in the "end" script fragment (of the same topic).... is that 2 separate scripts? I can't remember if I've done both before. 

Right now I don't have a "quest script" I don't think. I mean when I open the quest in CK, if I go to the tab for scripts, it's empty.

Different fragments in a script share the same scope, and they can both access whatever properties are defined in the script. However, I don't think that defining a local variable in a fragment allows another fragment to access it, so you'd still need to store your EquippedItems form array in an external location.

Are you sure you don't have a Quest script yet? We covered conditional script variables earlier, where having a Quest script was a requirement. I'm guessing you might have gone the GlobalVariable route though, and that's fine too. :) But having a Quest script is useful for a lot of things, so you might want to take the opportunity to make one now and store EquippedItems on it. :P Just go on the Scripts tab and Add, make sure the script type is Quest. (also toggle the Conditional checkbox if you want to use conditional vars later)

I haven't gotten my head around the conditional variables yet. I got sidetracked by "what am I making for dinner?", "the satellite dish needs the snow knocked off", and "Aw, crap... Daisy is eating a rodent!"... stuff like that. And after having broken my first mod (GotMilk)... and I think it just needs the over-length lines adjusted... I got a little gun shy about whacking away at yet ANOTHER mod. (I'm working on one called "JUGs"). 

So I'm not sure what's supposed to go into a main quest file, although I've been reading on how to put functions in it and call them from fragments... just haven't got to actually doing one after my failure to get StripSlots working.

OH.... and if I put:

form[] EquipedItems

into the main quest script, do I need to put something like EquipedItems Property myQuest Auto into the fragment?

I haven't gotten my head around the conditional variables yet. I got sidetracked by "what am I making for dinner?", "the satellite dish needs the snow knocked off", and "Aw, crap... Daisy is eating a rodent!"... stuff like that. And after having broken my first mod (GotMilk)... and I think it just needs the over-length lines adjusted... I got a little gun shy about whacking away at yet ANOTHER mod. (I'm working on one called "JUGs"). 

So I'm not sure what's supposed to go into a main quest file, although I've been reading on how to put functions in it and call them from fragments... just haven't got to actually doing one after my failure to get StripSlots working.

Honestly, for now this will do fine:

Scriptname YOUR_QUEST_SCRIPT extends Quest

Form[] Property  EquipedItems Auto 

You can add more stuff later if you need it, but for now that'll do the job of storing your equippedItems array. Only need to set the properties in your topic info scripts so they can access this Quest script.

OH.... and if I put:

form[] EquipedItems

into the main quest script, do I need to put something like EquipedItems Property myQuest Auto into the fragment?

Yes. If you don't define it as a Property, then it's just a local script variable, and other scripts won't be able to access even if they have a valid reference to your Quest script.

OK... I'm still not getting this. Here's what I have in my main quest script (I'm using a test quest just to try this. It has only the topics needed to practice this)

Scriptname shirtoffmain extends Quest
SexLabFramework property SexLab auto
Actor property PlayerRef auto
Form[] Property  EquipedItems Auto

Form[] EquipedItems

; Your function here
function ShirtOff()

bool[] strip = new bool[33]
    ;  Strip chest
   strip[16] = true 
    ;  Strip chest secondary
   strip[26] = true

; Strip our actor of their shirt
    form[] ActorEquipment = SexLab.StripSlots(PlayerRef, strip)
SexLab.StripSlots(PlayerRef, strip)

; Your function end here
EndFunction

(the ShirtOff function was from an attempt to get StripSlots to work)

And this is what I'm trying to compile in the script fragment.

;BEGIN FRAGMENT CODE - Do not edit anything between this and the end comment
;NEXT FRAGMENT INDEX 1
Scriptname shirtoff_off_1 Extends TopicInfo Hidden

;BEGIN FRAGMENT Fragment_0
Function Fragment_0(ObjectReference akSpeakerRef)
Actor akSpeaker = akSpeakerRef as Actor
;BEGIN CODE
;
;END CODE
EndFunction
;END FRAGMENT

;END FRAGMENT CODE - Do not edit anything between this and the begin comment

SexLabFramework Property SexLab  Auto
EquipedItems Property shirtoffmain Auto

and... I get this error when trying to compile it:

C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\shirtoff_off_1.psc(17,22): unknown type equipeditems
C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\shirtoff_off_1.psc(17,22): cannot name a variable or property the same as a known type or script
No output generated for shirtoff_off_1, compilation failed.

The QUEST name is ShirtOffQuest

The quest script is called shirtoffmain

I hate making it obvious that I don't know what the f..... I'm doing :)

Hi, here is some update on your code, after the explanation.

;NEXT FRAGMENT INDEX 1

;BEGIN FRAGMENT Fragment_0
Function Fragment_0(ObjectReference akSpeakerRef)
;BEGIN CODE
ShirtOffQuest.ShirtOff() ; this calls the function ShirtOff from your Quest script
;END CODE
EndFunction
;END FRAGMENT

shirtoffmain Property ShirtOffQuest Auto

So, to have your script available you need it (not a variable inside) as Property. I used the name ShirtOffQuest inside as the reference to let the auto fill work.

Then you can call all the functions inside your quest script like ShirtOffQuest.ShirtOff().

You can also access its variables like ShirtOffQuest.equipeditems[0].getName()

For properties you have to:

use your script as type of the property (the first word)

then write Property

then a local name that you will use (cannot be the same, sorry)

the the magical Auto keyword

As personal recommendation use for the local variable name the exact name of your quest. So you can auto fill it.

<lots of things>

What's with the SexLab.StripSlots() function? Use SexLab.StripActor() instead as shown in my example above, it's there to make your life easier. :P

Also, are you trying to strip the player? I thought you wanted to strip the NPC, but your code in ShirtOff() seems to be targetting the player.

You're defining EquipedItems twice in shirtoffmain! D: This is bad for a whole lot of reasons!

Form[] EquipedItems

Your property reference in shirtoff_off_1 is wrong. You have the following:

EquipedItems Property shirtoffmain Auto

You should have the following:

shirtoffmain Property ShirtOffMainScript Auto

It's always variable type first, then Property declaration, then variable name. Make these changes and compile the script. Next, go into the CK, to the topic info script, Properties window, and bind your ShirtOffMainScript to the ShirtOffQuest.

At this point, your topic info script (shirtoff_off_1) has direct access to the shirtoffmain script in ShirtOffQuest, via the ShirtOffMainScript property reference. So you can just do the following in your topic info script:

ShirtOffMainScript.EquipedItems = SexLab.StripActor(akSpeaker, DoAnimate = true)

...and the form array will be filled with the items. Then in another fragment, where you redress, call:

SexLab.UnStripActor(akSpeaker, ShirtOffMainScript.EquipedItems)

OK,  I changed the main script and removed all the junk I wasn't using. 

The main quest script (shirtoffmain) now looks like this:

Scriptname shirtoffmain extends Quest
SexLabFramework property SexLab auto
Actor property PlayerRef auto

The fragments in the topic compiled without error. That script is shirtoff_off_1 and looks like this:

;NEXT FRAGMENT INDEX 4

;BEGIN FRAGMENT Fragment_2
Function Fragment_2(ObjectReference akSpeakerRef)
;BEGIN CODE
ShirtOffMainQuest.EquipedItems = SexLab.StripActor(akSpeaker, DoAnimate = true)
;END CODE
EndFunction
;END FRAGMENT

;BEGIN FRAGMENT Fragment_3
Function Fragment_3(ObjectReference akSpeakerRef)
;BEGIN CODE
SexLab.UnStripActor(akSpeaker, ShirtOffMainQuest.EquipedItems)
;END CODE
EndFunction
;END FRAGMENT

ShirtOffMain Property ShirtOffMainQuest Auto

Now... the lines that are stripping and unstripping will be doing that to akSpeaker which is the NPC.

If I want to strip the PLAYER, I can just change those lines to point at akActor?

I think in these dialogues, akSpeaker is the NPC and akActor is the player.

If I try changing those akSpeaker reference to PlayerRef, I get this error:

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "shirtoff_off_1"...
C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\shirtoff_off_1.psc(9,51): variable PlayerRef is undefined
C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\shirtoff_off_1.psc(18,20): variable PlayerRef is undefined
No output generated for shirtoff_off_1, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on shirtoff_off_1

Just need to add Actor Property PlayerRef Auto to the fragment? I have that property in the main quest script.... anyways....

Yes if I add that PlayerRef definition to the fragment script, it compiles... but... will it strip my player? :)

THAT.... is the question....

AWESOME! It worked!

And the DoAnimate parameter DOES override the SexLab setting. She animates when she strips. The UNstrip doesn't animate but I can live with that.

I did the test in a single Topic. 

Next I have to try it using 2 separate topics and see if I can get it to work.

It *should* just be a matter of setting all of the properties and binding them in the second topic and then pasting in the UNstrip code into the fragment box.... right?

I might get to test this in a bit, but... getting tired :)

AWESOME! It worked!

And the DoAnimate parameter DOES override the SexLab setting. She animates when she strips. The UNstrip doesn't animate but I can live with that.

That's intended. The SexLab framework does not have an appropriate animation for unstripping, so the UnStrip() function call doesn't animate the player, at least in the current version of the framework. If I understand CPU74's suggestion earlier, you can use the following line right before your UnStrip() call to manually execute the strip animation on the player, or whichever NPC reference you need:

Debug.SendAnimationEvent(PlayerRef, "Arrok_Undress_G1")

I did the test in a single Topic. 

Next I have to try it using 2 separate topics and see if I can get it to work.

It *should* just be a matter of setting all of the properties and binding them in the second topic and then pasting in the UNstrip code into the fragment box.... right?

Yes. All you have to do for the second topic script is add whatever properties you require.

If I wasn't fairly sure you have whiskers... I'd plop a big ol' sloppy kiss right on your lips!

It WORKS! MUAHahahahahha.... *rubs hands together gleefully*

My female player character just walked up to Faendal and said, "Excuse me..."... Faendal: "yes?"

Topic2

She: "What do you think of these?" and she strips and puts her hands behind her back

Faendal: "Those are WONDERFUL!" and he claps...heheheh

Topic3

She: "Thank you!" and she redresses.

Faendal: "Awwwww... I don't get to touch 'em?"

Topic4

She: "Nope. Not this time. I'm just test driving them."

Faendal: "Damn...."

That was my test run.

I DO have another question now....

If I strip 2 different characters at (or near) the same time, will the variable remember who was wearing what?

I mean... will it remember what akSpeaker was wearing AND what PlayerRef was wearing and be able to redress them accordingly?

I DO have another question now....

If I strip 2 different characters at (or near) the same time, will the variable remember who was wearing what?

I mean... will it remember what akSpeaker was wearing AND what PlayerRef was wearing and be able to redress them accordingly?

Nope. You'll need two Form[] arrays in that case, one for the player and another for the NPC. Make sure both the Strip and UnStrip calls for the player are using one variable, and the NPC is using the other variable. If you get your wires crossed you'll just create a mess. :P

So.... many... new... possibilities.....

In my brain... my mod is getting much bigger than I have time for... hahahha

OK... here's my next question... again... all through dialogue..

I'd like to be able to have an NPC equip an item from another mod. I was able to do this in GotMilk by making MilkModNEW.esp a master, but that meant hitting tes5edit every time I touched the file and adding it back in as a master because CK strips esp files from the master list. 

So...

Could I do something like this:

bool MMEinstalled = False

if Game.GetModbyName("MilkModNEW.esp") != 255
     MMEinstalled = True
endif

...to check if MilkMod is installed?

And if that's ok, then how would I find a particular item and equip it on the NPC I'm talking to?

I think I can use akSpeaker.EquipItem (something) to have them equip something, but I'd need to be able to use that MMEinstalled bool as a condition to display the topic, AND... I'd need to know how to refer to the item I want them to equip.

In one case, I'd like to try having them equip Lactacid. It's a drinkable item. If I target an NPC in console and then: equipitem <ID of Lactacid> 1, they drink it.

It has an effect on the NPC once they drink it, so it's not like I can just make up a name. The effect is from MilkModNEW so ... it would have to be the "actual item" from that mod.

In another case, I'd like them to equip a particular piece of ... armor.. from MilkModNEW. That armor piece also has an effect attached to it I think.

So... I'm guessing that once I am able to establish that MilkModNEW is installed (MMEinstalled = True) that I would then have to know the actual ID in order to have them equip it.

I've seen this as an example of retrieving a FormList:

FormList SOS_Factions = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000d62, "Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm") as FormList ;SOS_Faction 

...that was after checking if SoS was installed, of course...

Would I be able to do something similar to retrieve an item? 

**edit **

hmmmm.... reading, reading, reading...

something like:

Potion MME_Lactacid = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0002f2f4, "MilkModNEW.esp") As ObjectReference ;get Lactacid from MilkModNEW

Armor MME_MobileMilker = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0002f2f4, "MilkModNEW.esp") As ObjectReference ;get Mobil Milker from MilkModNEW

Not sure what Potion would actually be. I know it's consumable and I think it shows up as food in-game. 

And if those lines are even CLOSE to being valid, this would have to be done WITHIN the check for whether or not MilkModNEW is installed.

So, something like this?

if Game.GetModbyName("MilkModNEW.esp") != 255
     Potion MME_Lactacid = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0002f2f4, "MilkModNEW.esp") As ObjectReference ;get Lactacid from MME
     Armor MME_MobileMilker = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0002f2f4, "MilkModNEW.esp") As ObjectReference ;get Mobil Milker from MME
     MMEinstalled = True
endif

And if THAT is close to be correct... 

I'd still need to know if I have to put anything else into the main quest script AND, what I'd have to put in as a property in a topic's script fragment.

Am I getting close?

Hello,

if you DON'T want to add a strong dependency to the other mod then the Game.GetFormFromFile(id, "mod) is the correct way.

I just don't think they are ObjectReferences (items placed in a cell), probably they are potions or armor.

Open with CK the other mod, find them by name or by id, edit them and check what type of object are they.

Let's say your 0x0002f2f4 (MME_Lactacid) is a Potion, and your 0x0002f2f4 (MME_MobileMilker) is an Armor.

Then your code should be something like:

Potion MME_Lactacid = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0002f2f4, "MilkModNEW.esp") Potion ;get Lactacid from MME
Armor MME_MobileMilker = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0002f2f4, "MilkModNEW.esp") As Armor ;get Mobil Milker from MME
if (MME_Lactacid && MME_MobileMilker)
     MMEinstalled = True
endif

You don't need the mod before, just try to grab the items and check if they are None or they are the valid objects.

But for sure you need to cast them to the correct type.

Hope this helps.

Small recommendation.

Do not call the mod MilkModNEW.esp (if this mod is made by you.)

The day this mod become old and you will do a new one, what will you do? Call it MilkModNEWNEW.exp ???

Use the major version number maybe.

Let's say: MilkMod.esp was your original 1.0 version (and then 1.1, 1.2, etc.)

The new mod should be called something like MilkMod2.exp (and it will be good for versions 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, etc.)

Every time you do HUGE modifications to the mod (restructuring the objects that are provided, for example) then increase the major version.

Version 1.3 is: major = 1, minor = 3

Minor versions should be increases for fixes and small enhancements, major versions should be used when you break the full compatibility with the previous version.

Sadly not everybody follow a simple rule like this one.

Cheers,

Question 1:

If I don't check to see if MilkModNEW.esp is installed... then wouldn't there be an error when I try to GetFormFromFile and it looks for MilkModNEW?

Question 2:

And now if I want to equip the Potion on an NPC, would I just use:

akSpeaker.EquipItem(ShirtOffMainQuest.MME_Lactacid, 1) <--- or is this (MME_Lactacid, 1, false) or (MME_Lactacid, 1, true) I don't know what the "false" and "true" are doing.

(I would already have ShirtOffMain Property ShirtOffMainQuest Auto in the fragment)

MilkModNEW.esp is Milk ModEconomy by Ed86. The name doesn't change as he changes versions. He took over MilkMod when it was abandoned and renamed it to MilkModNEW.esp. He's done a VERY nice job with it.

Archived