Questions about Skyrim.

FlameFreeze

I'm fairly new to Skyrim and modding as well so I got a bunch of questions. 

1. What are CBBE, UNP and etc.? Seen them in some mod descriptions and wondering what happens if two different ones are on at the same time. 

2. What are Bodyslides?

3. What are good mods to start with? 

I'm fairly new to Skyrim and modding as well so I got a bunch of questions. 

1. What are CBBE, UNP and etc.? Seen them in some mod descriptions and wondering what happens if two different ones are on at the same time. 

2. What are Bodyslides?

3. What are good mods to start with? 

I'm not a good person when it comes to greeting people so um....Welcome to Skyrim, I hope you enjoy the game!!

1. These are female body replacers, they change how the female body will look like.

2. Bodyslide is an application that comes with CBBE that allows you to shape the female body as you like. Being someone who uses CBBE, I can say it is "A gift from Heaven". It also allows you to re-shape some armors into the CBBE body you created using created bodyslides made for a given armor by the community or your own through the use of OutfitStudio, an additional application that comes with Bodyslide. Right now, you should not focus on the latter but it is something you should know assuming you go with CBBE.

3. It really depends on what you want, need and also define as "Good mod". Without this, I can't really give you very useful information, sorry.  :unsure:

If you're new to modding Skyrim, then honestly, I wouldn't recommend starting out with adult mods.  They're typically the most difficult to get working correctly, because they almost always require you to install many other mods, get them in the right order, run FNIS, etc.  When starting out, just try simple mods like Oblivious Horses or Mining Faster, so you can get the hang of installing things correctly.

At some point, though, you will need to install SkyUI and SKSE.  Those two mods are mandatory for pretty much every other mod.

If you're new to modding Skyrim, then honestly, I wouldn't recommend starting out with adult mods.  They're typically the most difficult to get working correctly, because they almost always require you to install many other mods, get them in the right order, run FNIS, etc.  When starting out, just try simple mods like Oblivious Horses or Mining Faster, so you can get the hang of installing things correctly.

At some point, though, you will need to install SkyUI and SKSE.  Those two mods are mandatory for pretty much every other mod.

Actually this is a good idea, and the smaller mods like Faster Mining or stuff like "Unread Books glow" probably make it easier to get the hang of Mod Organizer as well :)

ETA: My very first mod was "Glowing Ore Veins" since i had trouble seeing them :lol:

Archived