Request: Strapped Shoulderpads for bare chest

Zhilo

On my quest to make a skimpy yet lore friendly outfit for my barbarian styled character, I took to modifying some of the meshes provided by http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22168/? to accommodate for my slider choices, which lets me have a good choice of topless options to mix with boots and gauntlets. 

HOWEVER, I ran into a problem when looking at upper body choices. Neck pieces are alright, but the shoulderpads are sort of... just glued on. This looks terrible if you are the kind of player that likes to see all your gear properly strapped and weapons sheathed in scabbards. Now, a few of the shoulderpad choices come with straps, but they were clearly meant to be worn over armor, because they go across the front of the chest and completely clip on the breasts, so they are no good for a bare chested barbarian. 

But, there is one exception!, the hide armor has a shoulderpad with a strap that goes around the upper chest, resting easily above the breasts, which means that no matter the size of them, or whether you use a BBP enabled body, the strap will not get in the way: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/237785796/Stuff/Strapped%20Shoulderpad.png

My request would be for someone to grab this strap and apply it to shoulderpads of the other materials, particularly heavy armor since those are the ones i favor, being iron, steel, dwarven, orcish, ebony and daedric.

I am trying to do this on my own but i still don't know what i'm doing with nifscope and aren't having much success, so I thought i could ask for help here and, who knows, maybe there's some mod out there that already provides what i want?

On my quest to make a skimpy yet lore friendly outfit for my barbarian styled character, I took to modifying some of the meshes provided by http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22168/? to accommodate for my slider choices, which lets me have a good choice of topless options to mix with boots and gauntlets. 

HOWEVER, I ran into a problem when looking at upper body choices. Neck pieces are alright, but the shoulderpads are sort of... just glued on. This looks terrible if you are the kind of player that likes to see all your gear properly strapped and weapons sheathed in scabbards. Now, a few of the shoulderpad choices come with straps, but they were clearly meant to be worn over armor, because they go across the front of the chest and completely clip on the breasts, so they are no good for a bare chested barbarian. 

But, there is one exception!, the hide armor has a shoulderpad with a strap that goes around the upper chest, resting easily above the breasts, which means that no matter the size of them, or whether you use a BBP enabled body, the strap will not get in the way: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/237785796/Stuff/Strapped%20Shoulderpad.png

My request would be for someone to grab this strap and apply it to shoulderpads of the other materials, particularly heavy armor since those are the ones i favor, being iron, steel, dwarven, orcish, ebony and daedric.

I am trying to do this on my own but i still don't know what i'm doing with nifscope and aren't having much success, so I thought i could ask for help here and, who knows, maybe there's some mod out there that already provides what i want?

This might not be 'barbarian' style fur,bone or leather shoulder pads,but they are shoulder pads with bicep straps that can be worn while allowing the character to remain bare chested like any proper barbarian:

Osare Part Armor.

Midnight Breed was a leather armor set with detachable shoulder pads that would have worked,but you have to look some place other than the Nexus or even Lover's Lab to find it nowadays.

Bandolier - Bags and Pouches has a few leather shoulder straps with pads attached but it might be a might too finely crafted for crude barbarian types.

You might be able to find something that fits your planned ensemble in Brokefoot's UNP Mash-Up. There is a decent amount of over-shoulder and around-the-bicep shoulder gear in there.

What body do you personally use? Also, could you tell me exactly which ones you want done? Im bored and arent working on much right now. My internet is acting up so my ping is too high to play DayZ, so ill do some of it for you. or atleast try.

Thanks for the replies!, to answer your questions, the body i use is CBBE BBP with HDT

As for which ones i want done? I think Iron (banded iron armor has a good shoulderpad), Steel (small shoulderpads, maybe steel plate?) Orcish Ebony and hopefully Dragonbone?  I like heavy armor. 

Dwarven looks too big and solid to make sense that it stays in place with just a leather strap, while i generally dont use daedric armor (dont like the look) 

Fauxfurry: I already have Bandoliers, but their shoulderpad strap goes across the front of the chest so it clips like hell with the breasts.

Brokefoots mashup does indeed have some bicep armor, which i use, but the overshoulder gear is just the hide armor shoulderpad i linked a picture of, doubled to cover both shoulders. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Archived