ENB d3d9.dll Causing Crash

StrikeBlaze

Hey guys, ok so I have pinpointed the issue thats causing my game to crash (before the bethesda logo at the small black box with a message saying Skyrim has stopped working) as the d3d9.dll that is required for my ENB. If i removed this my game works fine, but of course no ENB effects, does anyone know a way to fix this? 

Hey guys, ok so I have pinpointed the issue thats causing my game to crash (before the bethesda logo at the small black box with a message saying Skyrim has stopped working) as the d3d9.dll that is required for my ENB. If i removed this my game works fine, but of course no ENB effects, does anyone know a way to fix this? 

How are you removing it?

When uninstalling an ENB you'll need to use its bundled uninstaller or follow the uninstall directions provided on the description page exactly, otherwise files can be left behind that will interfere with future installations.

Alrighty guys, thanks for all the help! However I think I have found the problem. So what was happening was whenever I put the d3d9.dll into my folder, my game will stop responding, when i take it out (regardless if the ENB files are in the game directory or not) the game will work, of course without the proper ENB effects. I thought about it for a bit and remembered that I postponed a graphics card drivers update a few weeks back and completely forgot about it. When I remembered, I updated its drivers, the game will still crash but after a complete system restart, it began to work. I'm pretty sure it was just caused by me not updating my drivers (stupid me xD) however now everything is fixed and hopefully this problem does not rise again. Thanks again everyone!

Archived