[idea] devious enemy encounters

BattenK

Are you sick and tired of there being bandits in every fortress? Frustrated that combat and kink go hand in hand only in limited ways? I've got an idea for a Death Alternative mod in which I'd replace vanilla factions with various, twisted factions. Maybe there's a kind of bandit that will leave you hopelessly bound if you lose in a fight to them. Maybe there's an entire faction of rubbersuit-clad women who will trap you in one if they defeat you. Maybe you'll be forced to work in a mine for a faction to work off your debt. In any case, these death alternatives will be less permanent than, say, SD, but more varied than defeat. I guess. 

That or I could try to alter vanilla quests to add a more devious motivation. Or both. I dunno.

Alright, so I've got this idea that I have the time and willingness to implement, but there are two things standing in my way:

1. I don't know if anyone would go for this
  2. I've found tutorials for super-beginners and super-advanced people and... well, I've got some learning to do. 

I'd like to use this thread for a couple things: ideas and support. I hope I can ask a question to the community and get it answered for the most part, and in return I'll turn these ideas into (attempted) reality. 

I'm so happy this idea was posted by someone with the will to actually start working on it ^^ It doesn't happen often. And Prince is right! If you are motivated enough and don't let early setbacks (spoiler alert: you will run into them!) discourage you you will learn everything you need in no time!

What you're planning will involve a lot of scripting so there are 3 things I'd recommend to help you prepare for that:

1. Bookmark this page. It covers all vanilla and SKSE functions and even provides examples, it's very useful and I refer to it all the time.
  2. Analyse other mods. If you don't know how to do something chances are there's a mod somewhere that has already done it and you can download it and examine its code!
  3. Don't be afraid to ask for help! But be prepared to figure things out yourself if you don't get it ^^ But once you start getting some playable results everything will start getting easier! There's lots of modders on LL and we help each other a lot! Especially those of us who work around popular frameworks (like Devious Devices or ZAP) because we're usually doing closely related things and try to coordinate.

I would love to see such a mod.

Don't know if you ever played mount&blade or mount&blade warband, there hasn't been sex, but a handful of nice mods with slightly fetish mods with amazon factions and such. The wedding dance was the most promising and there were sex features planned to i think, but it didn't get that far.

Nontheless i would love this feeling adapted to Skyrim with factions like fetish amazon tribes, wicked mage circles etc.

Archived