Body Nodes For Perverts

DocClox

When you equip armour and clothing in Skyrim, the items are attached to "body nodes". It turns out that there are a lot more than are usually used in the game, and more besides that are apparently free for use by modders. Thank you Beth!

It does leave us with a bit of a quandary though: if we slap new garments onto nodes chosen at random, a player will never be sure what will be unequipped by wearing something. Your girl could get a tattoo and find that she couldn't wear her corset any more because the slot was taken, for instance.

So, some sort of consensus would be useful. Not to tell people what they must do, but just something that if we all keep it in mind, it will minimise unintentional conflicts as described above. Fair enough so far?

Well, the good news is that Amethyst Deceiver on Bethseda Forums has already done a lot of the work for this and come up with what looks like a fairly solid list of suggestions.

The only problem is that they're not really optimised for the sort of things we want to do. That said, the more we can work with the guidelines, the better our chances of not conflicting with gear made by people who do follow it.

So: This is the list of nodes that exist in the engine already:

30 - head
31 - hair
32 - body (full)
33 - hands
34 - forearms
35 - amulet
36 - ring
37 - feet
38 - calves
39 - shield
40 - tail
41 - long hair
42 - circlet
43 - ears
50 - decapitated head
51 - decapitate
61 - FX01

And this is the proposed use of the other slots:

44 - face
45 - neck
46 - chest outergarment
47 - back
48 - abdomen
49 - pelvis outergarment
52 - pelvis undergarment
53 - leg outergarment
54 - leg undergarment
55 - knee
56 - chest undergarment
57 - shoulder
58 - arm undergarment
59 - arm outergarment
60 - misc

Now I have a bit of a conflict here. I'd like my women to have the chance to wear lots of layers: an aroured surcoat over a padded vest and skirt, maybe a shirt underneath, and then some sexy underwear. The reason I want them to wear all those layers is that I want to be able to chase them through a forest of Evil Trees that grab for their clothes and gradually strip them naked, and where's the fun if it all happens at once. On the other hand, I also want to allow room for bands and tattoos, for a dirt layer (so your girl can stay filthy after being force to crawl through the mud, or covered in semen) and for manacles. Luckily, apart from the tats, it's unlikely that a girl would be wearing slave bonds and armour together

I think, I'd be tempted to sacrifice the neck, back, abdomen, shoulder and knee slots and use them for

Tattoo: head, upper body, lower body

Dirt: head, body

... and leave the rest unchanged. But I'm not at all convinced that's the best solution, so do pitch in with suggestions.

The other potentially fun use for this, btw, is in the realm of breakable undies. We could have a suit of armour where each arm and leg had its own slot. So when the evil tree grabs you, you lose the right arm from your outfit. Then maybe the left leg gets torn off above the knee.

The trouble there is that the approaches are probably not going to be even remote compatible.

Anyway, a little food for though there. Comments anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello DocClox,

sorry about my bad English.

Wy not simple make a pool, in the Beth forum, in which you

Ask about the Priority of the slots.

Let´s vote for the whole list and the Slot´s with the most

Votes are the most important one´s.

So you and other Modders know which slots are most important

For the people.

As I understand it you will conflict with other´s Mods but

If you work with the lower Priority you will not

Break/conflict with other mods too much.

Greetings

Hello DocClox' date='

sorry about my bad English.

Wy not simple make a pool, in the Beth forum, in which you

Ask about the Priority of the slots.

Let´s vote for the whole list and the Slot´s with the most

Votes are the most important one´s.

So you and other Modders know which slots are most important

For the people.

As I understand it you will conflict with other´s Mods but

If you work with the lower Priority you will not

Break/conflict with other mods too much.

[/quote']

Well, there already is such a thread on Beth forums. I've posted there, and referenced the thread in my first post. What I wanted to do here is to try and work out a way to add content that is more of a lovers-lab nature than was discussed in the beth forums. Preferably while minimising conflicts with the list already proposed.

The problem is that the official beth forums have some strict "child-friendly" rules. So I'm a little reluctant to bring butt-plugs and clitoral rings into the discussion there. I'm sure you can see my point :)

That sounds awesomely ambitious!

I like the Alvin Hews Annika armor set I'm using that mimics layers by actually providing each one as a different armor. Kind of cheating but at least avoids any breaking between layers, you know, like seeing an under shirt pop through a jacket while animating. It also doesn't include auto switching if something were to say rip off the jacket, then the vest, then the shirt...

So power to your project!

Hello DocClox,

Damn/crap!!!! :huh:

sorry i did not understand your problem.

I think i didn't understand completely what was your problem.

I have read your 1.Post a second time ( and a third .... ) and

think i understand now.

If I'm to stupid to understand and/or annoying you, just say so.

And I´m going to shut up.

I respect you and the work you do for the

"The Skyrim Slavers Guild", Lovers community and other

sites.

My thoughts on the matter are in the TXT ( no line break ) i am going to upload.

I am no modder and don´t know what i am talking about. But i try.

Greetings

Sorry about the bad English

• 1 month later...

When you equip armour and clothing in Skyrim' date=' the items are attached to "body nodes". It turns out that there are a lot more than are usually used in the game, and more besides that are apparently free for use by modders. Thank you Beth!

So: This is the list of nodes that exist in the engine already:

30 - head
31 - hair
32 - body (full)
33 - hands
34 - forearms
35 - amulet
36 - ring
37 - feet
38 - calves
39 - shield
40 - tail
41 - long hair
42 - circlet
43 - ears
50 - decapitated head
51 - decapitate
61 - FX01

The other potentially fun use for this, btw, is in the realm of breakable undies. We could have a suit of armour where each arm and leg had its own slot. So when the evil tree grabs you, you lose the right arm from your outfit. Then maybe the left leg gets torn off above the knee.

The trouble there is that the approaches are probably not going to be even remote compatible.

[/quote']

Okay, from what I saw in the NIF files the above contain what you're talking about, but I believe those are top level mesh parts.

From what I gathered, looking deeper into the meshes is that there are also unique IDs attached to child nodes of those base meshes (Which really got my imagination cooking, if you know what I mean).

Whereupon I thought if you could force a mesh node ID to use an offset to a particular child node ID at any given time (unfortunately on a mesh to mesh basis) it could reasonabley bypass regular vanila animation restrictions. The possibility of forcing simple motion via the skeleton (Hkx the mesh must follow) combined with node IDs and child IDs was making me dreamy. After all, you get no motion without a skeletal framework driving it. The meshes are cosmetic and yet simbiotic (from what I can tell), but can affect motion, and Havok is the window dressing to interface with the game world.

Maybe I'm just blowing smoke and am too new here, and have it all backwards or just plain wrong, in which case I would hope someone points out the errors in my thinking. Much of my personal time has been spent lately studying ways to get around the archaic anim setup and hardwired anims, and yeah, those child nodes really have been bothering me a lot ... saw a tutorial where someone said they were useless and to strip them away, but I thought, what if they could be used?

As for removing clothing, I'll let you folks decide the layering constructs. But it would seem that any layer must be resized and offset automatically for it to work in respect to its order on the body. Or has an exposed priorty when seen/when needed, otherwise hidden.

Thoughts On Undressing a Character:

Personally, I would do a series of clothing morphs to include falling, trailing, tearing, being sliced, or otherwise being removed with the hands (or teeth, if that tickles your fancy) to convincingly slide down the body whereupon it could be stepped out of, or have your NPC pull their shirt up over their head and toss it aside where it would collapse on the ground. More pleasant to my way of thinking.

This instant nudity is way too jarring for my sensibilities. Besides, half the fun is the tasty expectation you feel from watching someone undress, no?

• 2 weeks later...

With some simple knowledge of CK you can edit the mods. i had the problem of a scarf and beltbag being the same slot. one quick edit with the CK and voila, it was fixed.

For the idea of "undressing":

it would be extremely hard to do, considering the engine's restrictions. I guess one way would be for the clothing to use a separate, second skeleton instance, so it can be "morphed"/animated differently from the body. Not sure if that is actually possible though.

Archived