New to Mods with Questions

vwguy

It's hard to believe that I have played through Oblivion 5 times now (twice on Xbox and 3 on PC, 2 times with shivering isles.) and have played it pretty much completely played it vanilla. NO mods other than the official DLC stuff like spell tomes, horse armor, Knights of The Nine, Mehrunes's Razor, etc.

I was pretty content playing Skyrim, also vanilla for the most part (except for the wifey who wears tavern clothes), until my buddy sent me a link to a youtube video showing an incredibly endowed PC character who looked incredible. Now I'm trying to get this working for one more play through before I retire Oblivion. This will also be the first time I play through as a female character. I have been tempted to do so earlier, but seriously, they looked like men anyway so might as well play as one. Which brings me to this community.

So here is my first question. What do all of the acronyms stand for?

BBB = Big Bouncing Breasts I guess.

DMRA?

GUTS?

HGEC?

Any others I am missing?

Next Question.

I found a link on here for a DMRA+BBB Complete collection. I downloaded the files hosted on deposit files and installed them per the instructions. However, My Standard Race face options are the same as vanilla and all ugly compared to that video. Where can I find the amazing face improvements so an Imperial is actually good looking?

Third Question, where can I fine the new face and hair mods and new races?

Fourth Question, as mentioned, I installed that collection and the guards look great, skimpy armors, sexy pose and walk, buy my character has no sexy walk nor does she look the same. Their faces are nice, mine is ugly. Also, my character's skin is pink. She has large breasts and a very well rounded butt but she is neon pink. This is also true with some random NPCs walking round the market. However, all of the guards look perfect. Can anyone help me out with this?

Sorry for the long message, please let me know. Thanks!

Vwguy,

Where to start :)

1. Well for starters go get OBSE: http://obse.silverlock.org/

This is required for lovers and a lot of the normal mods as well.

2. Then get OBMM: http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2097

This is a mod manager. You will need it manager your load order and enable mods. Load order is CRITICAL as oblivion works on a system in that if there is a conflict the last loaded mod "wins". Also OBMM has a feature called archive invalidation that you MUST use in order for any items that you install that replace anything vanilla (vanilla means original unmodded game) to show up.

Link to archive invalidation (use the bsa redirection method): http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php/Oblivion_Mods_FAQ#Archive_Invalidation

I recommend you read not only the section on bsa redirection but the entire page. Yes, I realize it is quite long but it really will save you a lot of grief as you install things! Also bookmark it for consulting later :)

3. BBB is correct, DMRA=Double Melons Round Ass (figures huh?), Guts=guts(means the chicks are muscular steroid russian weight lifters :)), HGEC=It is the most popular body type and I don't remember what each letter stands for. Nobody types the long name anyways so damn if I remember :) As for other bodies for females - yep tons more - list to damn long to type :)

4. On the hair and races you have a bunch of options. Modular Beautiful People - which will be required by some of the lovers plugins is adds new races along with hair/faces changes, XEO - is a popular replacer that changes damn near all of the in game npc's (and yourself if you like). And their are others. Link to more info on this and other things that will help guide you (see posts 1 and 2): http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=30

5. In case you missed it in number 2 the reason for the pink meshes is you have not archive invalidated via bsa redirection :)

6. Grab BOSS to help you sort your load order. http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=20516

NOTE: Don't rely on BOSS to sort your lovers load order as it will not do a proper job of it. You will need to consult the lovers guides for that.

Welcome to the forums and holler if you get stuck :)

Thanks for the speedy reply and the info. I'll check out those links. Archive invalidation...I'll have to read up on that. Man' date=' mods are cool but complicated.

[/quote']

Depends on what level you go to :)

For the most part you will just need to make sure you have the basic stuff down (like where to install things to and how to sort your load order) and you will be able to play.

It can be however a trap as you become more familiar with it you may spend more time modding than playing :)

No complaint from me on that but it is funny to thing about!

A noobie! Since gregathit posted while I was half way through composing my post, I'll just expand on the acronyms.

BBB: I've seen it as Better Bouncing Breasts. I think named because it was an improvement over an older system. Two other variations I've also seen is Better Bouncing Butt, and Better Bouncing Bread (A joke mod about bouncing bread).

DMRA: Double Melons, Round Ass. Body type - Large, round breasts, and large round ass.

GUTS: Don't think it's an acronym. It's a body type designed to look more muscular and athletic.

HGEC:Hour Glass Eye Candy. Type of female body, has a large range of breast, and some butt, sizes. Breast cup sizes go from A to K.

Plenty of others, but I'm not up to going completely out of my way to research them all.

While a good deal of people don't care for it (apparently, it's rather easy to get banned from there. Best stick to lurking), you can find a lot of things over at the nexus: http://tes.nexusmods.com/index.php

There's also a number of mods that are not compatible with the whole BBB system, like some of the combat modifiers and overhauls (ie: Deadly reflexes) partly because they require a completely different skeleton. Using the wrong skeleton can cause a bug I know as the "Boobs to infinity Bug".

Good Luck!

Funny enough' date=' I don't know where I got the idea from, but I always thought HGEC stood for "Hentai Gentlemans Eye Candy" LOL.

[/quote']

Just googled it and you're RIGHT, that is actually what it stood for LOL :D

The original "EC" was Eyecandy created by a kind modder named Exnem. He had a few mods tossing about, especially one face model that I thought was quite beautiful at the time. Following up on his work, Hentai Gentleman took up the scepter and remade EC to his own tastes, creating HGEC. It was after this that the myriad of different body models were created, but it all began with Exnem and Hentai Gentleman.

Boobs to infinity? Ha ha ha. I assume that is some sort of screen tear and not breasts the size if a vw.

Not a screen tear. Listen to what Thorazine has to say. He certainly won't lead you astray.

Funny enough' date=' I don't know where I got the idea from, but I always thought HGEC stood for "Hentai Gentlemans Eye Candy" LOL.

[/quote']

The original "EC" was Eyecandy created by a kind modder named Exnem. He had a few mods tossing about, especially one face model that I thought was quite beautiful at the time. Following up on his work, Hentai Gentleman took up the scepter and remade EC to his own tastes, creating HGEC. It was after this that the myriad of different body models were created, but it all began with Exnem and Hentai Gentleman.

Boobs to infinity? Ha ha ha. I assume that is some sort of screen tear and not breasts the size if a vw.

Not a screen tear. Listen to what Thorazine has to say. He certainly won't lead you astray.

Too true! I honestly have not yet beat Oblivion. :) When you get Mod Manager, you will find so many mods to keep you busy, the main storyline doesnt stand a chance. TWO YOU NEED TO GET:

1- Frostcrag reborn

2 - Midas Magic

both will give you hours of fun. It will be like a whole new Oblivion

[/quote']

Oh, I completely forgot all about that. I remember first seeing it like that when I first started looking to mod my game.

Well, not too far astray. :P

"Boobs to Infinity" basically means that the mesh for the breasts will stretch off in one direction. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was said that it actually stretches to the center of the current game cell you are in. You can usually see this problem either in first person, or in third person. Sometimes it's both, some times iit might just be in on.

When installing new mods, always check to see if any incompatibilities are listed, and always check to see if a file called skeleton.nif and skeletonbeast.nif has been packed into each mod. I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally overrode a working skeleton with an older, inferior one.

If you haven't found it already, the third person skeleton and animation files will usually be found here: \oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\_male

First person skeleton and animation files are found here: \oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\_1stPerson

Nice to see another newby on this forum, i kinda felt intimidated when i joined this forum today to get a clue on how all those mods on Oblivion work.

So if you guys dont mind i wanted to add some questions too, since i don't see how i can get into modding the game so far.

First problem is (i guess) i got the GotY edition from Oblivion on steam just before Skyrim got out.

Is steam a problem? can i use the installation like it is, or do i have to change stuff to even apply the unofficial patches (which are needed for quite some mods?)

Some more questions on DMRA:

I couldn't really understand how this mod works so far, i guess it's a female character replacement, but i only found like wardrobe Posts on this. Is there a main thread for this mod? Could somebody link it please ?

I thought about getting Lovers with PK working (at least that what i hope to do) Is it possible to use DMRA with this mod ?

How do so many people create these sexy female characters you see all over the place, is it possible to do that with sliders and a character creation screeen with this mod or is it some real hard work by editing numbers in files?

On Lovers with PK:

I guess the installation intructions on the mods forum area at still up to date. But does anyone have some good advice on installing all the mods from this "package", it sounds pretty complicated and with a high chance on ruining the installation.

I see people dancig, posing, ****ing and so much other stuff thats definitely not in the game normaly :D

Is there a lot of stuff in the game done through console orders or how is the majority of mods handling animations for example?

I'd really appreciate if some ppl could give me some answers to my questions. Thx ahead :heart:

Nice to see another newby on this forum' date=' i kinda felt intimidated when i joined this forum today to get a clue on how all those mods on Oblivion work.

So if you guys dont mind i wanted to add some questions too, since i don't see how i can get into modding the game so far.[/quote']

Welcome! Can't help with anything related to Lovers PK, seeing as I don't use it myself. But I'll try with the other questions.

First problem is (i guess) i got the GotY edition from Oblivion on steam just before Skyrim got out.

Is steam a problem? can i use the installation like it is, or do i have to change stuff to even apply the unofficial patches (which are needed for quite some mods?)

I use that version, and haven't had any significant problems. The exception is probably anything related to the stock armor, clothes and nude model replacers. Sometimes they don't want to work when first installing replacers for clothing and armor. The general response on how to fix that is probably to use Archive invalidation. I tend to find myself opening them in a program called Nifscope, and saving them to their specified folders, by hand.

Of course, you can try reading this thread.

Also, the Oblivion Scrip Extender has specific install instructions that can be overlooked if you don't bother with reading.

Some more questions on DMRA:

I couldn't really understand how this mod works so far, i guess it's a female character replacement, but i only found like wardrobe Posts on this. Is there a main thread for this mod? Could somebody link it please ?

DMRA is a nude body replacement. Not sure about a "Main Thread", but you can try looking at this one to get you started. Page 7 might have some of the information you're looking for.

How do so many people create these sexy female characters you see all over the place, is it possible to do that with sliders and a character creation screeen with this mod or is it some real hard work by editing numbers in files?

More than likely using the sliders in the character creation screen.

I see people dancig, posing, ****ing and so much other stuff thats definitely not in the game normaly :D

Is there a lot of stuff in the game done through console orders or how is the majority of mods handling animations for example?

I haven't run into anything that required large use of the console. They only thing you'll proably need to know most of the time is tfc for the free flying camera, tm to togle the hud, and maybe tai to toggle the npc AI on and off. I've never used the Dance Sychronizer, but as far as poses are concerned, many mods go the route of using an inventory item or a spell to bring up a menu where you can select what you want to happen.

Hope someone can better answer your questions.

Steam is not a problem at all with oblivion. The problem that CAN happen is if you installed steam to the default program files location AND you have Win7 or Vista. UAC can kick you butt in that case.

The unofficial patches (for short UOP) are needed as Bethesda got lazy on us and refused to fix their game. There won't be any issue installing it and unless you are running OOO (an overhaul mod) I do recommend getting them.

DMRA= Double Melons Round Ass. Just pop over to the nexus and type DMRA into the search engine and you will find the base body.

Link to Nexus: http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/today.php

You will need to register to download anything. This site is great to leach from but don't bother asking for help as the site is mobbed and run by a bunch of dicks.

Lovers works just find with DMRA and any other body type you select. In fact you will need to install a body type in order to see your toon naked during sex.

Creating hot chicks is HARD! Yes it is all done by the sliders and is really an art form that has a fairly large learning curve. You will need to install a few files in order to start down this road. Link to tutorial: (click the link in the 1st post): http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=1273

Further reading:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=3481

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=1602

NOTE: If you learn how to use Wrye Bash you can cheat to grab faces from other users save games or companion mods.

On installing lovers: Start small. Install the resource pack, the base pack, the minor mod pack and raperS. Get a feel for it and using the "in game" settings then if you are so inclined install lovers creatures & joburg and enable chaos mod via the RaperS setting and get used to that. From there you can branch out to all of the other plugins for lovers depending on your personal fetish tastes.

Course instead of wading in you can just dive in by installing the All-In-One (AIO) OMOD lovers file and hope you don't drown - many do this and while I don't recommend it, you are welcome to holler for help if you do - this pool happens to have quite a few life guards on duty :)

Pose mods vary...some are run by console commands and others by spells in your spell book. Be aware that some can conflict with lovers causing it not to work right.

Anyway, I think I hit most of your questions and welcome to the forum :)

EDIT: Damn it!!!! Ninja'd by Thorazine AGAIN!!! :)

Thanks for all that information and the nice welcome!

Well while i started goind for the UOPs (UAC is off in win7 for me ;D) i learned about Archive invalidation when i tried to get that DMRA BBB Pack working.

The Script Extender only had some lines in the readme saying "put it in your root directory and start the game trough steam". So is there anything else to look for ?

So right now i see the effect of DMRA when i start a new game on a totally ugly character .... so i will take a closer look into the links you guys posted to ready up characters and some armor and so on before going for the installation on Lovers mods.

One step after another sounds safer for starters, that at least the opinion from all the threads i have looked into. I hope it will also help me to understand many of the basic animation/script/console orders used ;)

Btw. you mentioned save games, do you have links to a good source for save games ? I looked for some on tesnexus, but well the selection available was pretty simplistic looking (basic characters and faces), so i thought there might be some good forums/blogs around.

OBSE needs to be installed to the steamapps\oblivion folder in your case. Run the game by using the obse_loader.exe file. You will need to make sure steam is running but it should be minimized.

Also make sure you go get OBMM: http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2097

As it or Wyre Bash (which is more powerful but complicated than OBMM) are needed to adjust your load order. Oblivion works off of a what is loaded last in cases of conflicts "wins".

Until you archive invalidate (you might have to periodically do this) the vanilla bsa files will be the default (bsa is a compressed Bethesda file that holds all the textures/meshes/sounds for the game).

As to saved games...not sure...try google if you don't find what you like on the nexus. If you install the cosmetic mods you won't need saved games :)

You do have a bit of reading in front of you but don't be afraid to holler if you get stuck :)

You do have a bit of reading in front of you but don't be afraid to holler if you get stuck :)

Well thats what i expexted, so far i have been looking into qutie some guides on the forum, helped a lot already.

Just an additional question on DMRA. I've senn some replacementmods for stock armor on tesnexus + mods to enable BBB, im fine with that so far.

But what about all the texture enchancement, skin, race mods, for many of them i see notes like "for HGCE", are these mods also working for DMRA since its only textures ?

Is there something like a rule what can be used of either one of these mods ? If thats not the case i'd say the numer of mods/enhancements fpr DMRA is quite low :huh:

I'd guess the only restrictions would be cloth and skeleton types?

Good example im interested in would be . ig guess Apache Goddess Shop ist the name. I guess that ones for HGCE only sind its using armor ?

Apache Goddess Shop has HGEC stuff so while your PC could certainly wear the item, it would change their body from DMRA to an HGEC one while the clothing/armor was worn. Taking the item off your PC would revert back to DMRA.

DMRA does have a bit of stuff out there but HGEC has the most clothes and armor by miles.

To better understand how meshes work I recommend grabbing and install nifskope and you can just browse in your oblivion\data\meshes folder and look at stuff. You can view files to see what is what and as they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Just remember to NOT click save and no damage will ever be done by viewing stuff :)

Nifskope link (use version 1.022 unless you are going to mess with skyrim): http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/NifSkope

Sadly' date=' so far this has been a rough road. I tried the XEO Modular people things and it OBMM crashed. :(

[/quote']

Just post your load order and we likely can figure out what went wrong. I wouldn't be terribly upset with yourself as these mods are really the "deep end" of the pool.

Phew i definitely gotta admit modding the game is a tough job, or to be more precise stuff related to DMRA ...

I kinda feel very resticted by that mod while trying to add some details like hair (ok easy one), tatoos and other stuff. I'm really thinking about switching to HGEC overall, but actually i liked the female chars i have seen related to DMRA quite more.

Is it possible to create chars like this with HGEC?

Getting to custom armors, ist there a way to find the items id, which i installed to add them to my inventory ? (I guess thats normaly done by player.additem 12345... #)

In addition im noticing quite some very low frame rates (30fps on i7 HD5870M) and i'd say i haven't installed any fancy stuff like HQ textures :huh: Any ideas ?

Finding an items id can be done by opening that mod's esp in the Construction set and making a note of it and yes that is the command.

Well you can get the boob size close if not dead on but the butt is a bit tougher. I would tell you that you can "get close."

You might look at the manga body with is compatible with HGEC textures.

Links: http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=38828 or http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=36849

Sadly' date=' so far this has been a rough road. I tried the XEO Modular people things and it OBMM crashed. :(

[/quote']

Just post your load order and we likely can figure out what went wrong. I wouldn't be terribly upset with yourself as these mods are really the "deep end" of the pool.

My current load order is:

Oblivion.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

Knights.esp

That is all I have.

Archived