Not technically sexout, but...

...I'd rather ask you folks I kinda know and like then strangers.

I somehow lost cass when sleeping. She seems to be inside a wall or something. Unfortunatly, that updated my save, and it had been a couple hours.

I tried using the console to spawn her, but one ID said I need to place a reference (placeatme id) the other got an error. How do I make placeatme work, or am I gonna be losing a couple hours? I really thought I was following the instructions on the wiki

I typed placeatme 00133fdd

You don't actually have to use 'prid' and that business for things that have persistent reference names.

"RoseOfSharonCassidyREF.moveto player" does the same thing.

Any ref will work in place of her name just like using prid; prid is handy when you want to do a bunch of commands in a row on some reference that isn't visible so you can't click on it, but when you're just doing one thing there's no need to use it.

Good luck with the problem. When Cass got stuck a similar way for me, there as nothing to fix it other than loading a save from before I "lost" her.

Edit: to clarify, all three of these do the same thing:

prid 00135f19
moveto player

RoseOfSharonCassidyREF.moveto player

"00135f19".moveto Player

yes, the quotes are needed in the last one IIRC.

As a note, the Repconn research labs seem unstable. I noticed everyone's sidearm is continually disappearing and reappearing, and I had (saving this time) Cass vanish no less then 6 times after sex, one ghoul vanished, and an offspring vanished. I have not been having trouble with vanishing people outside of the labs (thats where the thread opener happened too).

I recommend people be careful there and save a lot.

Archived