A little solution to Idle bugs

Guest Nico28469

Guest Nico28469

These time I've seen somme people having trouble with sexout. The characters were standing "one in each other". I've found a solution wich worked for me so here it is :

All credits to JoshNZ, creator of the 'Animated Prostitution' mod

(Also, for me, the problem came from the 'Grave Digger' mod...)

I hoped that helped and sorry if it was already posted.

Fixing the KNOCKDOWNIDLE conflict bug.

Open FOMM

Click the TOOLS tab -> TESsnip (this will bring up another window)

Click FILE -> OPEN -> F3UmpaAnimation.esp (Or what ever the conflict is)

(In the top left block there are 3 expanding menus) Click on GRUP (IDLE)

Scroll down the list until you find: IDLE (KnockedDownIdles)

Click on that entry and hit DELETE

Click FILE -> SAVE

And sorry for my english...

I have a link to a post in the NG OP describing this same issue and this fix, and astymma mentioned it in that thread as well. This problem exists in most (almost all) mods that add idles, no matter if they are static or dynamic. It comes from the way the modders add their idle group to the GECK -- usually because they add the group via "add sibling" or whatever, and not via add child -- or they do it with add child, and then they move it to the top of the list.

More exposure on how to fix definitely helps, but it just goes to show.. nobody reads the OP. Or they don't pay attention to the last updated date and think they've already read it.. ;)

I'm in the second camp.

Also that OP is incredibly long and most of the content is in the update log, making it very hard if you're searching for something specific like how to use an NG command.

I try to copy the important stuff out and into the main part of the post, especially things like this that are under either 'known issues' or 'useful links.' If there are any suggestions on how to further make the OP shorter (or look shorter via spoilers) while keeping the important stuff visible, I'm all for it.

It's hard to tell what's changed at a glance in that post, I agree, and I've love to structure it to change that.

As for the revision history / update log, I think I'm going to have to start cutting that down. I think I'm approaching the maximum post size right now, but most of it is hidden in that spoiler tag. ;)

Yeah, the spoilers can update you into a false sense of security with update logs. I'm shocked I haven't hit the limit in the Tryout thread yet.

So for better organizing the thread, I don't think much can be done on that front. It would be a far better solution is a text file included in the download that lists and describes all the Sexout commands.

I will get you that API reference in the next release, or the one after that. The included documentation is terribly out of date. This is the universal problem with all us developers -- documentation is usually late, out of date, and hard to understand.

If we have any technical writers on staff here at LL, I'm more than happy to explain in coder-lingo how the stuff works, to then be translated into english documentation.. ;)

Archived