Halp! see-through tails on custom mesh? Shaderproperty or graphics driver issue?

krittakitty

Hi all!  I'm trying to get my new flooofy tail to work in game, so far the mesh shows up, the textures and alpha transparencies all work and it's animated, my problem is that its kinda see through!! Not sure what is going on here, but I'm sure there is a shader in nifskope to blame. I was wondering if anyone knew which one???

ie3OpMs.jpg

Someone Pleeeaaase HALP!

FYI Going to make it a tail replacer for khajiit and fennec races also if anyone ever wanted a fluffy fox or kitty tail....

the alpha is only meant to affect the edges of the texture, like what is used for the werewolf meshes in order for their fluffy taill to look fluffy and not like a big flat blob. So the alpha DOES work like in the shot taken in nifskope,  but the whole thing is seethrough when there is a direct light source or shadow cast on it like its made of mist. I'm guessing the game is not seeing it as solid, or letting it reflect light properly.

EDIT:

here are my settings if anyone can notice what I've done wrong.

T5XyObz.jpg

I 'think' I may have figured it out, just tried checking SLSF2_vertex_colours, and setting 'has vertex colours' to yes. tail is now solid looking, though appears dark. but I think that is just the normal maps causing that, i'll play with making them and see if that fixes it :D YAY! getting closer to making this work!

Archived