Can i make a rigidbody follow a vanilla bone?

hypno88

I am nearly finished making a set of hdt horse cloaks and after seeing it in-game, i'm very happy except my OCD won't let me ignore that the front legs clip through the front. Here's a pic showing my problem:

HorseCloak05.jpg

What I want to happen is the front legs push the cloak out of the way, rather then ghost through it. So i was wondering, is there a way of adding a couple of extra rigidbodies to my nif that are "skinned" to the vanilla leg bones? If so, how do i go about doing this in 3DS Max?

Thanks in advance

- Hypno

Cool project.

Just add the RB like normal, parented to the vanilla and set the movement type to keyframe.

Thank you :) Initially it was only meant to be a quick little fun project to practice modelling. But when I brought it in-game and saw the horrible skinning following the legs, I decided I had to give HDT a whirl.

So far, I've kinda just been cheating by using the Autopilot tool to set up the rigidbodies and bones. But I presume when you say to add the RB "as normal", you mean the slightly more hands on approach I saw in Canderes tutorial videos on YouTube? I'm up for giving it a go and following along, I just don't know where to get the scripts he uses in the videos?

Omg for the love of god tell me this will work fine with the mod "Convenient Horses" don't to want to have to kill you for having to pick between the two.

Haha, well considering my life's now on the line, I suppose I ain't got a choice! :P

- Hypno

You don't need candy's scripts.

Not at all for the keyframed RB's.

You simple select bone, open the Havok RB toolbox and create an RB (either capsule or box). Select the RB shape, Move/transform the object so it's wrapping around the horse leg but doesn't come into contact with your cloth yet.In the RB toolbox click align pivot. Then in the RB's property box you set movement type to keyframed. Rename the RB's shape to the bone name and export.

The deal with doing HDT auto-pilot and canderes' scripts is ony really useful for aligning bone rotations and stuff with physics constraints. Oh and the auto renaming feature is nice too if you have a lot of RB's.

Archived