HELP PLS! Mesh visible through body

cheesywheesy

I recently modified the Crimson Twilight armor to work with HDT. Everything works just fine, but the modified areas (the belt) are visible through the rest of the body, as seen on the images below.

My workflow in 3ds max was:

-detach the relevant parts to separate objects with its own skin modifier (for easy weightpainting)

-create the HDT stuff (bones, rigid bodies, etc.) and weightpaint

-export .nif and copy all the original BSLightingShaderProperties to the appropriate NiTriShapes. (The new objects receive the same Shader Properties as the original armor)

-set all NumUVSets to 4097

I have used this procedure a couple of times without problems so far, but its the first time i had to separate the mesh. To check if thats the problem, i've redone the whole thing: I detached the elements and gave them a flat weightpainting in respect to the pelvis. In this simplified version the problem is gone. So the error has to be connected to the skin somehow...

I would appreciate any help,

thanks.

post-484325-0-40593800-1416148533_thumb.png

post-484325-0-53196500-1416148546_thumb.png

cuirass_1.nif

MaxFile.zip

Hi Cheesy,

Not sure if this is your case. Though I had similar problem with Merida Hair, which got annoying Z-fight issue. It took a lot to investigate, and still, I have no idea what was wrong. That was fixed suddenly while playing with NifScope (Menu Spells / Batch / Make All Skin Partitions - uncheck Stripify Triangles). It fixed for me and hairs aint visible through the body anymore.

Example of the problem in game:

5b60eh.png

And fixed version:

elmds.png

Hope that will help you.

PS. BTW, original author informed of that problem as well, but for some reason he did not update the file on Nexus.

Archived