Creation Kit Question

Allannaa

I'm not sure this is the place for this question -- If it is not, I'm perfectly happy to have a moderator move the post to where it ought to be.

I hate Skyrim's circlets.  They're ugly and clunky. 

So I made a circlet of my own and saved it as MyCirclet.nif (appropriately boned, partitioned, textured, etc etc)

Then I made a non-armour piece, and saved it as MyCirclet_GO.nif (appropriately textured, havoked - is that a word? - etc)

In the CK I made the armour piece and called it Alla's Circlet.  For the "World Model", I used MyCirclet_GO.nif

(I opened an existing circlet, then clicked NEW to open a blank window, and basically did everything exactly the same, except for substituting my nif)

I made the armour add-on, again, using the above procedure, and used MyCirclet.nif in the appropriate place.

I closed the armour piece, and closed the add-on.

I re-opened the armour piece, and in the section for the armour add-on, I put the add-on I'd just made, then clicked OK.

Then I saved-as "Circlet Test" because ... I have no imagination when it comes to naming ESPs.

I checked my load order to be sure CircletTest.ESP was checked, and loaded Skyrim.

I console-added the circlet.

BUT....

It has no inventory image, and when I drop it, it's invisible.

When I put it on, it shows; it's a little out-of-place in that it sits a bit far forward on the head, but I can tweak that later.

What I can't understand is why I have no inventory image and why I have nothing visible when I drop it.  I'm sure I've just done some silly nooblette thing and forgotten a step, but I can't for the life of me remember WHAT I've forgotten.

Please help...!

Thanks,

Alla

does the circlet have BSInvMarker in it...?

Reenana -- No.... Is that the nooblette thing I left out?

If so, does the INV marker go on the MyCirclet_GO or the MyCirclet nif?

Also, I should add -- the circlet does not show up in the CK's "Preview" window -- UNLESS I change the armour NIF from "MyCirlet_GO" to the "MyCirclet" NIF.

I'm sure this is something simple, I just can't work out what!

Archived