What did I miss?

Cloen

Forgot about Skyrim for several months and now I'm on a download rampage again to start another epic adventure. I'm actually pretty excited to see Lydia and Poet again, they are the best bros.

Are there some cool mods that have been made recently and I'm missing that could improve my game?

Depends on what youre looking for in mods. Tendo has just released the sucessor to skyre (today, I think?),  the tembtra thief armor looks rad, and skyrim modtype uploaded a new maid outfit. With cat ears. Good ol' trainwiz released another of his awesom mods a while ago...

As I said it all depends on the type of mods you like, and how long you've been gone.

Depends on what youre looking for in mods. Tendo has just released the sucessor to skyre (today, I think?),  the tembtra thief armor looks rad, and skyrim modtype uploaded a new maid outfit. With cat ears. Good ol' trainwiz released another of his awesom mods a while ago...

As I said it all depends on the type of mods you like, and how long you've been gone.

Tembtra thief looks pretty nice, I like it.

And actually I'm interested in any news about skyre, I just can't play without it

I mainly like immersion mods, cool followers (my favourite is Bijin Warmaidens Lydia, Poet and Kirsikka) and not skimpy armor mods

Hmmrmm... well there's iNeed, which is a food/drink/sleep mod that came some time ago. Really nice mod, I like it better than Realistic Needs and Diseases. EDIT: Though RND is by far the one with more content of the two. And more immersive.

Wet and cold: holidays which adds well, lore friendly holidays to Skyim.

Lore weapon expansion, cant go wrong with that one. It adds a lot of lore friendly weapons made by insanity sorrow.

Trade and barter: a mod that makes vendors sell more expensive things and stuff.

Enchanting Awakened: best enchanting overhaul ever. At least until EA2 comes out.

Morrowloot 4E: Makes the adquiring of loot more like the one found in morrowind.

Oh!, and Complete Crafting Ovehaul Remade. It's a pretty much the mod to go if you want to overhaul the crafting system, and it plays nice with many other mods. You should also check the other mods the author of CCO:R has uploaded. I think there is one were the quest that get added to your journal automatically (dark brotherhood for example) unless you actively pursue them.

Aside from that, I suppose you could install Frostfall if you want a really immersive experience. Actually, Frostfall + iNeed is a very good combination. Winter is Coming goes great with Frostfall...

Hunterborn? Yeah, Hunterborn is a good option also. Actually that may be the best combination F+iN+H.

And yes, tendo did upload the skyre sucessor, Perkus Maximus. But I would wait before you start downloading it. Give it a month or two, so that all the possible bugs can be squashed and the unavoidable compatibility patches are uploaded.

Archived