Idea for races with functional Digitigrtade legs

ArielFetters

I was reading one of my books, and had an epiphany about how to possibly create functional digitigrade legs for custom races.

One would of course be the legs themselves. It'd also need modded leg animations to deal with the the change in proportions and so on. Nothing new so far but here's the trick.

HDT High Heels System and invisible permanent heels.

So my idea was this. Mod the legs, mod the animations, then use the highheel system and permanent non-removeable invisible heels to the feet so they'd be angled correctly and there'd be no need for funky-looking boots or whatever. MCM menu could be used to configure the heel height to handle different species, so if you were making a Draenei you'd set it to that, but if you were making a 'normal' anthro (I'm not missing the irony in that statement, believe me lol) you could set it to that. When the game starts you'd have a few seconds of funky leg movement until the invisible high heels were equipped, but after that you'd be in like Flynn.

Anyone think it'd work?

post-87591-0-28003600-1412974331_thumb.jpg

That doesn't sound like a bad idea... you'd have to find some way to allow the wearing of footwear...

Maybe not... if I remember correctly, Morrowind wouldn't allow Khajiit or Argonians to wear footwear (primarily because of skeleton differences), and that "lore" reason could be enough to disallow it here...

True, though most anthro characters don't wear shoes so it shouldn't be a huge problem. As for lower legwear, maybe link it to a different equipment slot, or make it so footwear and pants are linked? That'd be on the clothing side, not the body side of things though.

Also, here's an idea on tails. Rig them like HDT ponytails, just sticking out of the charater's rear end instead of the back of their head. You'd need to weight different bones with seperate or even inverse values, so I dunno if it'd be possible. The way I have it though you'd get an S-Curve when the character's standing still (At least if it worked)

Here's a pic of how I'd rig it (If I could)

post-87591-0-13305300-1412987373_thumb.jpg

Archived