MO, NMM and Unified HUD Huge Problem

Yururin

Well, the guys at the Nexus are ignoring my thread. Many views and no responses so im gonna ask here as people here are actually helpful...

Im gonna copy and paste my thread contents:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok...im slightly upset about this...

I was up till 6:30 in the morning trying to fix this..

I use MO, and i have had NO problems with it.

Till now...

I recently made a new profile to try and balance my game out, only using Game Tweaking Mods (Project Nevada + AWN etc)

After i finished activating all my mods i wanted, i went in game. Only to see that Darnified UI had stopped functioning. The UI was huge again and wans't tweaked. The Font was the same as Darns but the actual file had clearly stopped working.

I tried re-installing it, did nothing. I tried deleting it, re-downloading it and then installing it, nothing.

So then i thoght...maybe its a problem with Unified HUD? I always had a problem getting this thing to work.

Last time, i used the NMM Method where u install all HUD Modifications via NMM, Install Unified Last and then Import NMM via MO.

That worked (after 20 tries) last time.

So i tried it again this time, deleted all my hud mods from Unified on MO. Went into NMM, reinstalled all HUD Mods, installed Unified Last. It detected everything and clicked install. Seemed to go smoothly.

But then, when i tried importing via MO.

"ERROR, there was an error copying "insert mod here". Please make sure the mod transfered correctly after import finishes: Error Details: The Path Specified is Invalid."

.,,WUT?!

So, it tells me that it could not find the files, so i went into my Fallout Data Folder. Everythings there, like it should be.

But then why is it telling me it can't find the file?

Notice i put "Insert mod here"

This is because no matter WHAT mod i try to import i get the SAME error.

I even just tried ONE. Same error.

Like what? What? Why? Whats going on?

Those thoughts rushed through my head as i spent 4 hours trying to fix this to no avail.

So can anyone tell me WHY This is happening?

Is this a problem with MO or NMM? Im guessing MO Since it fails to import from NMM now.

OH And i should probably mention that Project Nevada's Realistic Thirst, Hunger and Sleep functions have stopped working entirely.

I no longer get hungry, thirsty or tired. And the Realistic Needs HUD worked this whole time, but the Sleep, Hunter and Thist counters never moved from 0 and I never saw any status effects on my Status Page.

And the Damage Rates are insane, even with Realistic Weapon Damages installed, i Die in 1 hit from ANYTHING, even a mole rat. Limbs get broken in 1 small hit from a RADROACH! Project Nevada's settings are at default btw. Yet im getting killed 1 hit by a freaking RADROACH! Let alone Gunshots, which kill me in 1 shot no matter where it hits.

Even with Realistic Weapon Damages i should not be dying in 1 hit.

Project Nevada was clearly glitching up. And i have no idea why.

Reinstalling it did nothing. And i have no mods that conflict with this. Every other mod i use in this game are game tweaks, player home additioons or weapon/armor mods.

And no Game Modification Mods tweak the Hunger, Thirst or Sleep mechanics or anything similar. Mostly Damage Rates (Realistic Weapon Damages mod etc).

PLEASE! Any help?...this is driving me nuts!

Heres some Pics of the problem in case i was a bit confusing.

1_zps5347563b.png

2_zpsc6adc84e.png

Guest endgameaddiction

Unfortunately I cannot help when it comes to FNV because I only have MO for Fallout 3. I do know FOMODs do not play very nicely with MO and I know that uHUD is complicated to get working with MO,

What I can tell you is that MO is used by a very small hand of people because FOMM is the reliable choice for Fallout 3 and NV. MO is more for advanced users who want to get more out of organizing and experience such as the profile feature.

There is a work around with FOMOD, but it requires FOMM I believe and here is something to look at if you haven't.

http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Essarrbee/FalloutNewVegas

http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Kelmych/Fallout3#Unified_HUD_Project%20-MarkVarley

If you don't mind the profile or having your files into the game's data folder, I strongly suggest just using the modified FOMM by prideslayer found here..

Could be your NMM went bad. If you got nothing installed or managed by it then uninstall it and reinstall it. Or better install FOMM for the FMODs. Same process for import. Chances are somewhere when you were importing the files you messed them up. It is complex. re-read the STEPS tutorial on how to use FOMM for FMODS and watch it closely. Once you get a good setup of these FMODS. Create mod .. yes I know you do that however make a copy of that mod outside andzip that up.Later you can reinstall the exported created mod through MO instead of going through the whole FMOD problem. Also make sure MO is completely updated. The older version had some issues with FMODs that aren't present now. At least so far in my experience. I Still need to use FOMM for HUds though

Also what HUD mods are you using? Links. I might if I get some time download them and try setting them up myself. I currently haven't had the need to install FOMM yet.

Thanks for the replies!

U have no idea how good it feels to have people reply to this XD

Unfortunately I cannot help when it comes to FNV because I only have MO for Fallout 3. I do know FOMODs do not play very nicely with MO and I know that uHUD is complicated to get working with MO,

What I can tell you is that MO is used by a very small hand of people because FOMM is the reliable choice for Fallout 3 and NV. MO is more for advanced users who want to get more out of organizing and experience such as the profile feature.

There is a work around with FOMOD, but it requires FOMM I believe and here is something to look at if you haven't.

http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Essarrbee/FalloutNewVegas

http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Kelmych/Fallout3#Unified_HUD_Project%20-MarkVarley

If you don't mind the profile or having your files into the game's data folder, I strongly suggest just using the modified FOMM by prideslayer found here..

I see, well i use MO because i don't like having to constantly overwrite files and risk instability due to conflicting mods. I realize that even with MO u can have conflicts but they are reduced from my experience (So far i've had NO Mod Conflicts whatsoever and my Count is at 130 - 135 (reaching the limit). Only issue i've encountered with MO was uHUD.

I'll take a look at the modified FOMM and see if it fits what im looking for ^^

Could be your NMM went bad. If you got nothing installed or managed by it then uninstall it and reinstall it. Or better install FOMM for the FMODs. Same process for import. Chances are somewhere when you were importing the files you messed them up. It is complex. re-read the STEPS tutorial on how to use FOMM for FMODS and watch it closely. Once you get a good setup of these FMODS. Create mod .. yes I know you do that however make a copy of that mod outside andzip that up.Later you can reinstall the exported created mod through MO instead of going through the whole FMOD problem. Also make sure MO is completely updated. The older version had some issues with FMODs that aren't present now. At least so far in my experience. I Still need to use FOMM for HUds though

Also what HUD mods are you using? Links. I might if I get some time download them and try setting them up myself. I currently haven't had the need to install FOMM yet.

I tried re-installing NMM just today, and it didnt fix it. I also tried deleting MO and Re-extracting it (keeping my profiles, mods and downloads of course...i spent hours downloading this stuff and dont wanna lose it XD). Didnt work unfortunately. Still getting the same error.

I once tried the method of using FOMM through MO, then installing the mods via FOMM from MO. It then automatically added them to MO, but it was complicated and didnt work always, there were also people saying that FOMM through MO would delete stuff. So i stopped using it through MO.

My MO is currently updated to the most recent version, v1.2.12.

That idea of installing all the HUD mods via FOMM then creating a mod from them and installing that with MO isn't a bad idea. I'll give that a whirl <3

the HUD Mods i use are:

Ambient Temperatures - Nevada Skies - http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34814/?

Dynavision 3 - http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51577/?

Flashlight NVSE - http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39968/?

Powered Power Armor - http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37983/?

Primary Needs HUD - http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38538/?

Project Nevada [NON-HUD but part of uHUD] - http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40040/?

Project Nevada Extra Options [NON-HUD but part of uHUD] - http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47285/?

Stimpack Counter NV - http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49566/?

MCM [Duh xD] - http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49566/?

And of course, uHUD.

Thanks for the replies! <3

UPDATE: It works! I installed them through FOMM and created a RAR from all the files and added it to MO, now it works!

I can't thank you guys enough!

I have 1 last small question, the Realistic Needs thing, does Project Nevada do that for Vanilla game or do you HAVE to be in Hardcore mode for you to need Water, Food and Rest?

I once tried the method of using FOMM through MO, then installing the mods via FOMM from MO. It then automatically added them to MO, but it was complicated and didnt work always, there were also people saying that FOMM through MO would delete stuff. So i stopped using it through MO.

I don't see FOMM deleting anything that MO does. FOMM's file folder is in a different place normally than MO keeps its important folders. So you should be safe from FOMM damaging anything that you install or control through MO. Also in reality MO is in control of the entire process if FOMM is opened with MO.. ;)

UPDATE: It works! I installed them through FOMM and created a RAR from all the files and added it to MO, now it works!

Yep. :cool:

Now that you have a compilation of your hud mods created and into a rar. What did you do with the FOMM files in the overwrite? I would go back to FOMM through MO and uninstall those mods through FOMM now. Should naturally clean up your Overwrites folder of the items added to it from FOMM and prevent FOMM from freaking out. ( possibly like MO did). The mods can still stay in the package manager though in case you want to reinstall the mods again in a different order or combination in the future. Now if you have already cleaned ( deleted or removed the files from the Overwrites folder) you can copy the files back from the created HUD compilation to the overwrite folder and have FOMM uninstall them. FOMM likes to see those files it installed. When it don't it freaks out.. It is a proper response considering it is responsible for those files. If you still have problems.. Well you can uninstall FOMM and clean up the registry.. ( don't know if that is needed but couldn't hurt :D) and reinstall later if FMODs are needed to be installed through FOMM again.

I believe so far with my experience I haven't had to use FOMM to install the FMODs with the newest MO. The installer is good enough no script errors and such so far. The only need for FOMM now is mods that require other mods to be installed first and to be viewable. These mods mostly are HUD mods. Those mods that you had lots of trouble with instaling.

By the way.. Those are lots of HUD mods.. :P Is the order listed the order installed?

Also since this thread is answered. General the OP clicked on the best answer or creates an answer gained from this thread and click on it. It is useful for those searching for the same answer in the future.

I don't see FOMM deleting anything that MO does. FOMM's file folder is in a different place normally than MO keeps its important folders. So you should be safe from FOMM damaging anything that you install or control through MO. Also in reality MO is in control of the entire process if FOMM is opened with MO.. ;)

Yep. :cool:

Now that you have a compilation of your hud mods created and into a rar. What did you do with the FOMM files in the overwrite? I would go back to FOMM through MO and uninstall those mods through FOMM now. Should naturally clean up your Overwrites folder of the items added to it from FOMM and prevent FOMM from freaking out. ( possibly like MO did). The mods can still stay in the package manager though in case you want to reinstall the mods again in a different order or combination in the future. Now if you have already cleaned ( deleted or removed the files from the Overwrites folder) you can copy the files back from the created HUD compilation to the overwrite folder and have FOMM uninstall them. FOMM likes to see those files it installed. When it don't it freaks out.. It is a proper response considering it is responsible for those files. If you still have problems.. Well you can uninstall FOMM and clean up the registry.. ( don't know if that is needed but couldn't hurt :D) and reinstall later if FMODs are needed to be installed through FOMM again.

I believe so far with my experience I haven't had to use FOMM to install the FMODs with the newest MO. The installer is good enough no script errors and such so far. The only need for FOMM now is mods that require other mods to be installed first and to be viewable. These mods mostly are HUD mods. Those mods that you had lots of trouble with instaling.

By the way.. Those are lots of HUD mods.. :P Is the order listed the order installed?

Also since this thread is answered. General the OP clicked on the best answer or creates an answer gained from this thread and click on it. It is useful for those searching for the same answer in the future.

K, i'll do just that thanks!

And yea, pretty much.

The Order is:

MCM [Due to 1 of them having a MCM install Check]

Ambient Temperatures - Nevada Skies

Flashlight NVSE

Powered Power Armor

Stimpack Counter NV

Primary Needs HUD

Dynavision 3

Project Nevada

Project Nevada Extra Options

uHUD

And do u know about my Project Nevada inquiry?

Does Project Nevada make the game use Realistic Needs like Hunger, Thirst and Tired? Or does that still only apply to Hardcore Mode?

I ask because when in normal game, with Project Nevada, i dont get any notifications about being Hungry, Thirsty or Tired, and the HUD values don't move at all but other ones do like Radiation, Weight Load etc.

Nvm XD, Stupid Question, course it does :P

Thanks so much for your help guys!!!! :D

This is why i love this place <3

Thanks for the clarification on the load orders of those HUD mods. I used only basic mods because I always seem to mess things up even when loaded with FOMM .. Install, reinstal and then re-install again until I manage to get it the way it needs to be .. later when reworking the mods I have to do it again because I forget how it was done and if I had notes.. I lost those as well..

I will be doing exactly as i suggested you do for the HUDs and MO. I will install them, test them, then when satisfied create a mod outside of MO then uninstall them from FOMM. There is one issue r/t FOMM that I just confirmed and this only relates to the version here on LL. Don't use the "Deactivate All" button for mod uninstallation. Go through and uninstall each one seperatly. Might be a problem with the original FOMM as well. I had a problem previously when I experimented with MO/FOMM where files can end up in the data folder where they aren't suppose to be after I am finished. FOMM installs them into the folder and when using the "Deactivate All" button for the mod removal it can potentially leave files in the Data folder.

More info here

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17895-fomm-custom-build-014119/?p=942155

Answer on post below my question r/t this.

If this has happened all is not lost. If you understand what is suppose to be there you can go through and delete those files that are from mods in the data folder. Hell most files in the data folder can be deleted if in question. Then just use the Steam verify game option and those files that are needed will be restored. :D. This is if you don' t have any mods manually installed or made any alterations to the Data folder. If you did you need to know what you did or be ready to recreate this.

The upside of this whole process is you will have a packaged HUD compilation for MO that you can use and even reinstall in the very unlikely event that you ever need to reinstall MO.. ( IE hard drive failure) without having to go through this again.. Fortunatly very few mods for FNV or FO3 Require this level of work. Most just install using MO.

Archived